AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

Things to Consider When Betting Bowl Games

I have not done real well betting bowl games the last couple of years. So, I jotted down a few things that have tripped me up in the past. I am sure people can add to this list.

1. Teams take more chances - 4th down tries, gimmick plays, wide open playbooks
    2. Players become ineligible due to arrests or academics
    3. Coaches are moving around
    4. Location of the Event: Is one Team actually a favorite? Does the turf and surroundings match the Team? Is a slow Team playing on a fast track, etc.
    5, Players: Some have had time to heal and play, while seniors and others leaving the program, may get a little playing time that they never would have received.
    6. Bowl Assignment: Is the Team happy with their Bowl? Some Teams will not be too excited to play in the "Bob Turd Bowl Classic". Others are ecstatic with their selection and will play over their heads.
    7. Unfamiliar opponents - It makes it harder to predict the outcome and makes individual match ups more signifcant
    8. Odds and Line movement are much more important. Odds are posted for an extended period of time and there should be a large betting volume on most of these games. Why did the line move?

I have not researched this yet, but I need to check the number of games that went "Over" the last couple of years. I know books will inflate the "Overs", but how did they do?

Happy Holidays and Happy Bowling!

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Great ideas--- but do you have any historical data to support it?

Can you give me examples?

How do you quanitify a "team that takes more chances"? Where do you find such a list?

How can you possibly know which coach is going to sit players for a chance to play a senior?

All of your ideas are very very, did I say VERY subjective.

I'd rather you use OFEI and DFEI numbers. They are adjusted for SOS, they elimnate garbage time possessions, and provide a much better snapshot of a given's team offense and defense.

How do you know if a team is "happy" with their bowl assignment? And, how does that cancel out kids trying to play for a chance at being drafted in the NFL?

How does a team being unfamiliar with another team--- favor EITHER team?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All you need I do is. Bet underdogs

Zero effort and it works

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

9. What side is a mush from SBR on

Bbr
    Bbr's Avatar Become A Pro!