SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

"I worked for Wayne Root, let me tell you about it".

The Real Wayne Root

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I worked for Wayne Root for the football season in 2001. Since that time I do my own capping. I may not have made much money but boy did I learn that you want to stay as far away from an operation like this as you can. Here's what I learned.
    1. His operation is a boiler room. You are given a script. You sell up front then one day after the sale the reloaders work on getting the customer to sign up for Wayne's eight other level's of games. We lied about Wayne's record all the time. Unless you told a potential client that Wayne hit 70% or higher you couldn't get any money.As soon as we finished selling someone for Wayne Root then he was handed to another salesman for one of Wayne's five other companies. The picks were losing so bad during the four months I was there that guys were giving out what they liked. It was the only way to stop a mutiny.
    2. Wayne was a bigger liar than the salesman. If he had a newspaper guy on the phone he would say stuff that was totally untrue. He once told a guy that we had over 100 salesman at that time. I counted desks and office staff. It was 45 people.
    3. He wrote and published a book within the last year. I talked to someone at the Gambler's Warehouse last month and asked how many copies were sold nationally. His answer was they had three copies of the b ook a month ago and still had three copies. I said "could he have sold more than a thousand copies nationally?". His answer was, "probably not". I'm sure Wayne will never give out figures on the number of copies sold.
    4. He switches TV stations in which he puts his 30 minute infomertial on Saturday mornings every year. Here's the reason is he isn't getting the desired results? Whether it's WGN, Spike TV or a national cable sports network, it never is enough to make him happy. Unless he gets on ESPN he's not going to make enough money to pay for the outragious price it costs to produce and buy time.
    5. He doesn't even bet the games he gives to his clients. Once in an interview he even admitted it. Whay would anyone in their right mind pay someone for selections they didn't feel strongly enough to bet? They would have to be a moron and be totally new to betting or using a tout.
    Wayne Root is a pathological liar who loved himself. He's not an idiot and can sell a deal and make things happen for a while. I think eventually his company will crumble and he will try to move on to something else. Anyone who buys his stock should have their head examined. It's at .04 cents for a reason. It could be delisted any day now.
    -Ex Wayne Root employee
    -------------------------------------------------------
    source: gambling911.com
    Points Awarded:

cant call it gave SBR_John 26 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i guess i shouldn't be buying any stock in "gwin" then uh

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like him, he's one of the best fades on the planet.:0

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

he has good hair, i am follicly challenged and can appreciate that.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

sbrjohn...thanks for this article...bringing back memories of Two For the Money...

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3732

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    i guess i shouldn't be buying any stock in "gwin" then uh
    here is a link to current info on Wayne's company as it is.. W Technologies ticker WTCG.

just did a nice fat 1 for 200 share Reverse Split.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.. issue and sell more stock over and over again
    - just one way this crook finances his lifestyle

http://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/WTCG/company-info

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

oh the FACTS i can tell you about this piece of filth

he once told me personally that the movie "two for the money" is ABOUT HIM

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am totally against all touts.
    i am interested in predicted line movements or someone who can make a better line

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

never f*kkin heard of him or the OP

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

some who consistently loses is just as valuable as someone who wins...

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is this the guy who owns root sports?

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 851

GREAT READ JOHN, ive dealt with him a few times in the past years ago.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10545

a post from 5 years ago and people in here don't even know it

billsfan12
    billsfan12's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dealings of despair

Gonad
    Gonad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6697

Shit, I voted this guy for President... No, seriously...

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10088

nice

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    a post from 5 years ago and people in here don't even know it

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 69086

Never read this before so thanks John.

Not at all surprised. You can tell after a minute with guys like him that he is completely full of crap.
    Was around plenty of these types during my years at the track.These people usually surface at Preakness time in Maryland.Pretty sure he was there several times in the 2 weeks leading up.Certainly Mike W was.
    Sad that they do sucker some people .

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Caveat Emptor...

Always a good, no, a great policy to live by...

Doc

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Enjoyable read......suspected but good to hear from someone who was there

anthonydiamondLC
    anthonydiamondLC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

Root is not bad in college football. That is the only sport I would monitor what hes on.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

how is this news? you could put any touts name in for waynes and it would be a true story.

Reno Paul
    Reno Paul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

Wonder if Root uses a dart board then laughs his way to the bank???

PingPong
    I need a job
    PingPong's Avatar Become A Pro!

how do you get one of these touts to call you? I'm really bored right now

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

Wow this is sounds like a horrendous operation. Thanks for the info.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

People seriously sound surprised?

Between the well oiler boiler room and his cash grab through patent lawsuits, WAR is convinced people want him to be president.

Things are bad - but they ain't THAT $@$!#!@# bad.

GGZOLA
    GGZOLA's Avatar Become A Pro!

cant believe this is news, its like saying the sun is up today.

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

thats a great read old or not....anyone else work for any touts.....i never saw any job postings for these guys in las vegas.....why pay anyone to lose money for u

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Love this guy his is the perfect tout. We had a guy in Cleveland would say its not a game we can win its a game we can't lose lol.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    how do you get one of these touts to call you? I'm really bored right now
    Many ways.

Call a free picks number and don't block your number.

Sportsguy_USA
    Sportsguy_USA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boiler room antics. Seen a few circuits like that, even a guy that runs it out of his basement with 10 flatscreen monitors with stock market candlestick charts running, monster cigar, etc. He worked every angle and exhausted his client base. You can win for a bit...but takes more than a pony show or magic ball to keep picking them. Over the years, I've seen them all...and confident to say there are est. 10% in the market that are good. The rest...like this tout....lets let his results speak for him...never know...you could have been fired and disgruntle. lol. But I'm onthe same page....I've heard this before about this tout.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    The Real Wayne Root

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I worked for Wayne Root for the football season in 2001. Since that time I do my own capping. I may not have made much money but boy did I learn that you want to stay as far away from an operation like this as you can. Here's what I learned.
    1. His operation is a boiler room. You are given a script. You sell up front then one day after the sale the reloaders work on getting the customer to sign up for Wayne's eight other level's of games. We lied about Wayne's record all the time. Unless you told a potential client that Wayne hit 70% or higher you couldn't get any money.As soon as we finished selling someone for Wayne Root then he was handed to another salesman for one of Wayne's five other companies. The picks were losing so bad during the four months I was there that guys were giving out what they liked. It was the only way to stop a mutiny.
    2. Wayne was a bigger liar than the salesman. If he had a newspaper guy on the phone he would say stuff that was totally untrue. He once told a guy that we had over 100 salesman at that time. I counted desks and office staff. It was 45 people.
    3. He wrote and published a book within the last year. I talked to someone at the Gambler's Warehouse last month and asked how many copies were sold nationally. His answer was they had three copies of the b ook a month ago and still had three copies. I said "could he have sold more than a thousand copies nationally?". His answer was, "probably not". I'm sure Wayne will never give out figures on the number of copies sold.
    4. He switches TV stations in which he puts his 30 minute infomertial on Saturday mornings every year. Here's the reason is he isn't getting the desired results? Whether it's WGN, Spike TV or a national cable sports network, it never is enough to make him happy. Unless he gets on ESPN he's not going to make enough money to pay for the outragious price it costs to produce and buy time.
    5. He doesn't even bet the games he gives to his clients. Once in an interview he even admitted it. Whay would anyone in their right mind pay someone for selections they didn't feel strongly enough to bet? They would have to be a moron and be totally new to betting or using a tout.
    Wayne Root is a pathological liar who loved himself. He's not an idiot and can sell a deal and make things happen for a while. I think eventually his company will crumble and he will try to move on to something else. Anyone who buys his stock should have their head examined. It's at .04 cents for a reason. It could be delisted any day now.
    -Ex Wayne Root employee
    -------------------------------------------------------
    source: gambling911.com

No touts bet period
    Almost every tout does the above

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

John is this really his house and were you ever in it?

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Does anyone remember the handicapping show on the USA Network in the 80's where Root would have his "Doesn't make sense bet".....if it doesn't make sense, don't bet it. He would sell himself on that show. Feist was my favorite. Root seemed unknowledgable

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Does anyone remember the handicapping show on the USA Network in the 80's where Root would have his "Doesn't make sense bet".....if it doesn't make sense, don't bet it. He would sell himself on that show. Feist was my favorite. Root seemed unknowledgable
    wasnt he one of the anchors on scoreline I think that is what the show was called

12 Last