wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Lakers will be a lottery team...

If they play the season as is. They probably will be sub 500.

And since one LA team is looking good then I am not sure the NBA really cares right now. Lakers have the name obviously but LA is full of fair weather fans so if Clippers do well dont be surpirsed to see everyone climb on board the train.

Season tickets are already sold out and most packages that you could find dozens if not a couple hundred opions ar also sold out. Even the more expensive ones.

Now that might be due to the team or the league locking down ticket sales the first week and maybe re-opening it next week, but I went through a bunch of sites, official NBA, Official Clippers, Stub Hub, Barrys, Yahoo and tickets were scarce.

Ihad season tix a few years ago but let them go because they kept raising the prices with no real effort to improve. And even though they look to have a pretty decent future I wont buy them again because prices now (last year anyway) were way out of control, about 2.5 times as much as I was paying from 2001thru the 04 season. Well theyre about 3.5 imes what they were in 01 and 2.5 times what they were in 04. So they have been consistant I guess adding about 30% per yer to thr season ticketprices. I expect that to go up even more now there is a buzz. Price will probably go up 50%

Either way Lakers with no Phil Jackson, no bynum for the first 5 games (he is a head case anyway) a disenchanted Gasol, an old Kobe Bryant, an ancient Derrik Fisher, Ron Artest with a new name and no coach to keep him in check, this team looks like dog meat to me. And I know ESPN is not great source of fact, and they usually blow things out of proportion. But the talk of whether or not Clippers are better than the lakers is laughable, and guys actually hesitating on which team is better is why that network is a joke.

Even Vick the Brick knows the Clippers are better than the Lakers right now.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

lakers finish with better record then clippers

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers will get a 4-5 seed in west

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

Golden state will get a 7-8 seed

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Im going to really enjoy this.

I hope my boy Andrew Goudelock from College of Charleston gets some time.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Man, it would be a glorious season to see the Lakers season implode.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Kobe is going to be the biggest bitch ever this season. Going to be great.

He got lucky to get his fifth ring......the Lakers are done unless they get Dwight.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Idiots

Kobe with Pau/Bynum down low by itself is good enough for a 3 seed.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

should be lots of drama this year

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure if your just looking for attention or what? Obviously there a 5 seed at the absolute worst.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by thejrichshow85 View Post
    Golden state will get a 7-8 seed
    golden state is a huge sleeper this year. Can see them winning a playoff series

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by thejrichshow85 View Post
    Lakers will get a 4-5 seed in west

Did half the teams leave the west?

Just off the top of my head....

Dallas
    Oklahoma
    San Antonio
    Clippers
    Memphis
    Portland
    Houston
    golden State

all finish ahead of the Lakers Record wise. Even some teams that arent that great might suprise people thi syear even with little talent there are a lot of games back to back to back, and some 6 of 7 nights. So these old teams will be in toruble. I hesitated in putting San Antonio that high, but it is rally in no particular order. As young as the clippers are they might actually outperform their 'talent' just because they should be able to go at a higher tempo for longer than most of these old teams can.

Weird year but Lakers are no good. New coach, new system, Kobe all pissed off, Pau not too happy, and name another guy thats any good? Well I guess Bynum, and we saw his act in the blow out loss so what happens when they get blown out in a dozen or more games instead of just 4? Their starting line up will probably be Kobe, Pau, Barnes, Bynum (game 6) Artest may start the first 6 games with the other names mentioned with Pau playing 'center', Fisher.

So that will then eventually mean Artest is their best bench player, followed by Josh Mcroberts, after him some known names like Walton, Ratliff, Smith, Kapono, and blake, but a couple of those guys have way to many years on them and the others have enough to know they arent very good.

The one spot that is a possibility with Phil gon e is they have 5 rookies, and those guys might actually get a chance to play. Phil never played young guys ever. So that is the one possible sopt where they find an acorn. But it would have to be a magic acorn by the looks of this team.

Seriously go look at the roster and tell me why Lakers will be a play off team? Other than the fact everyone makes the play offs in the NBA. You take Kobe Bryants name off the list and you have the Minnesota Timberwolves.

zsr

1. OKC
    2. Clippers
    3. Dallas/lakers
    4. Lakers/Dallas

Lakers had all these problems last year. Two 7 footers + Kobe. There going to be a top 5 seed. They'll probably lose in the playoffs though.

zsr

I think your probably just not a laker fan and your looking for an argument?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Lakers have no bench, no backups, no PG, and Mr. Potato Head is their coach.

Disaster season ahead... hopefully.

I would give anything to see the hole team stage a mutiny due to Kobe's bitching and complaining.

zsr

Losing odom will be big, but last year Steve blake had the worst year of his career by far and barnes couldn't stay healthy. They probably won't win the west, but thinking there going to miss the playoffs is just laughable.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Lakers will struggle to make the playoffs in the West AS IS......I think they don't make it barely, but may sneak in at 7 or 8 seed

If they get Dwight then all bets are off

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Lakers will struggle to make the playoffs in the West AS IS......I think they don't make it barely, but may sneak in at 7 or 8 seed

If they get Dwight then all bets are off
    yeah with their CURRENT roster they probably dont make it, unless like I said one of those rookies has a rookie of the year type season.

No way they get Howard. League isnt going to let them get into another dynasty position right now. They showed it. They dont have any leverage. Bynum and Gasol for Howard? Then theyre worse, and instead of having one good guy and a possible young stud (if he stays healthy and is a mental case, which I think he is) they then have Howard after Kobe leaves. So Howard would be in the same boat as he was in olrando, except he would be in LA.

If you ask me I think Lakers are done, they signed mcroberts and that looks like they shot their load. I mean there isnt much left out there. So it looks like this is it for them.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Lakers wasted their efforts going after Chris Paul. It now cost them a valuable trade chip in Lamar Odom.

If Mitch Kupchak were intelligent he would have traded Bynum (injured always) and Lamar Odom plus a second round draft pick to the Magic for Dwight Howard and Hedo's large contract. Then tried to sign a solid underrated pick-n-roll PG like J.J. Barea to help Pau Gasol and D12 get better shots off.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    Kobe is going to be the biggest bitch ever this season. Going to be great.

He got lucky to get his fifth ring......the Lakers are done unless they get Dwight.
    Please explain how Kobe got "lucky". I'm sure it has zero to do with Perkins getting hurt, because Bynum.......who's twice the player Perkins is...........was beyond hobbled the entire series. Healthy Bynum and Lakers walk through the shitbox celtics.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Please explain how Kobe got "lucky". I'm sure it has zero to do with Perkins getting hurt, because Bynum.......who's twice the player Perkins is...........was beyond hobbled the entire series. Healthy Bynum and Lakers walk through the shitbox celtics.
    But wait, that starting five has never lost a playoff series Of course they always fail to mention that bynum was out in 08

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Lakers wasted their efforts going after Chris Paul. It now cost them a valuable trade chip in Lamar Odom.

If Mitch Kupchak were intelligent he would have traded Bynum (injured always) and Lamar Odom plus a second round draft pick to the Magic for Dwight Howard and Hedo's large contract. Then tried to sign a solid underrated pick-n-roll PG like J.J. Barea to help Pau Gasol and D12 get better shots off.
    Are you serious?

5 rings as GM of the Lakers

Drafted Andrew Bynum, 2nd best "Center" in the NBA, with the 10th overall pick

Not succumbing to the pressure to trade Bynum for an aging Jason Kidd

Pretty much swapped Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol

Mitch is one of the best GM's in the NBA..........hands down.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    Kobe is going to be the biggest bitch ever this season. Going to be great. He got lucky to get his fifth ring......the Lakers are done unless they get Dwight.
    You want to bet me that Kobe averages over 25 once again this year? The guy was playing with pain in his knees for 2 years and won a championship with bad knees and averaged 28 a game. He's felt better than he did 2 years ago. Don't speak alfalfa you make yourself look dumb.

Goat Milk

obviously the clippers are the better team right now. But for you to sit there and underestimate Kobe Bryant when he still has 3 years left of basketball is laughable. Bryant is a top 3 player in the world right now.

People have been saying he is "old" for the last two years. Stats speak for themselves.

BTW Bynum is not even close to Dwight or Nene.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who's the clippers coach again???

zsr

This thread is a joke. bump this when the lakers get the 2nd or 3rd seed, Pau puts up 20/10 as usual, kobe gets 26 a game, bynum is clearly the 2nd best center in the league and the only person who can go toe to toe with howard, IF he stays healthy he'll get 15/10 easy. I feel like people just want to say dumb things for attention. BTW, artest is going to be huge off the bench this year. Watch.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Pew Pew View Post
    Who's the clippers coach again???
    cant tell if your joking or serious. If serious, its vinny del negro.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    This thread is a joke. bump this when the lakers get the 2nd or 3rd seed, Pau puts up 20/10 as usual, kobe gets 26 a game, bynum is clearly the 2nd best center in the league and the only person who can go toe to toe with howard, IF he stays healthy he'll get 15/10 easy. I feel like people just want to say dumb things for attention. BTW, artest is going to be huge off the bench this year. Watch.
    I'd say Nene is much better than Bynum. Nene is a beast.

Artest? I think he is done my man. When I saw him miss that wide open break away layup in the playoffs against Dallas that pretty much made LA lose that game, I knew he was finished. He can't jump anymore.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    I agree...San Antonio is so old that anyone thinking they're a Top 3 team in the West is a joke....bury the Lakers at your own risk....but live in the real world and understand the Lakers are making a move..it's coming

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Bynum is not going to play over 45 games. He is a walking injury.

Who takes his spot when he goes down? Lakers trading Odom for nothing.

Two garbage PGs. A SF rotation including Barnes and World Peace.

McRoberts was their marquee signing this offseason.

Kobe will be Kobe but this is not shaping up too well.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I'd say Nene is much better than Bynum. Nene is a beast.

Artest? I think he is done my man. When I saw him miss that wide open break away layup in the playoffs against Dallas that pretty much made LA lose that game, I knew he was finished. He can't jump anymore.
    I think he has a come back year this year, he just never fit in the triangle. I hope the 2nd unit plays through him, when he was out there with bynum/kobe/lamar/pau all he did was stand in the corner. Put him in the post and i think he can still get it done. I cant argue with how bad he was last year though, that was just brutal. We'll just have to agree to disagree with bynum and nene.. When he's engaged in the game and healthy (Which is obviously rarely) he's a monster. Nene is right there with him though.
    Last edited by zsr; 12-16-11 at 04:08 PM.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    obviously the clippers are the better team right now. But for you to sit there and underestimate Kobe Bryant when he still has 3 years left of basketball is laughable. Bryant is a top 3 player in the world right now.

People have been saying he is "old" for the last two years. Stats speak for themselves.

BTW Bynum is not even close to Dwight or Nene.
    Nene
    Bynum is twice the defender.....altering shots, blocking shots, grabs more boards, better hands, great/quick feet for a big man, and if the team needed him to score more (as they may this year).....he's got way better post moves than Nene.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Bynum is not going to play over 45 games. He is a walking injury.

Who takes his spot when he goes down? Lakers trading Odom for nothing.

Two garbage PGs. A SF rotation including Barnes and World Peace.

McRoberts was their marquee signing this offseason.

Kobe will be Kobe but this is not shaping up too well.
    hawley.........I'd like to take the over 45 games for the max please.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post

hawley.........I'd like to take the over 45 games for the max please.
    sure transfer the 10 points over

You think bynum will finally have a healthy season though?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

people starting these threads are only trying to convince themselves

all it takes is one superstar to have a playoff team

when's the last time lebron, kobe, wade, dwight howard, or dirk missed the playoffs? they have had some bad supporting casts at times

1234 ... Last