Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Gotta play goldencents @ 20-1 for the hell of it...
    i dont know how you are figuring he gets the distance but you can get him at 15-1 right now at Betonline. DSI's derby future prices for the top few choices are an absolute joke. Those boneheads still have Flashback listed at 12-1.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3241

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    i dont know how you are figuring he gets the distance but you can get him at 15-1 right now at Betonline. DSI's derby future prices for the top few choices are an absolute joke. Those boneheads still have Flashback listed at 12-1.
    Have to agree that DSI's numbers look low. But from what I have read about BOL, not sure I would want to post up there. Would rather wait for 5D to repost their lines.

Slimpickens

Whats wrong with betonline? I posted up there about a month ago for the sole purpose of placing a derby future which I did. I read that they pay out fast enough and are rated B+ here.

Slimpickens

I see DSi still has Hear The Ghost at 15-1. Unreal.

Easy-Rider 66

Whats wrong with betonline? I posted up there about a month ago for the sole purpose of placing a derby future which I did. I read that they pay out fast enough and are rated B+ here.
    Have no experience with them, but there have been quite a few negative BOL threads posted on this forum. Hopefully you encounter no problems with them, but 5D is the best offshore option available imo.

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Have no experience with them, but there have been quite a few negative BOL threads posted on this forum. Hopefully you encounter no problems with them, but 5D is the best offshore option available imo.
    OK, I will see if I can find some of those threads not that I can do anything about it now. I agree 5dimes is the best and isnt even close as an overall offshore book. I just saw a price at Betonline that I couldnt pass up. 5dimes seems to be very lazy when putting up horse racing futures though.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68497

^ The SA Derby score and the fact that Goldenscents rated well pushed that number down.
    Actually he did not rate well at all. Perfect trip. Clean right eye. ( see my thread if you do not understand that. Spoke about it at least 20 times) No horse even thought about closing( no one caught the horse that stopped at the 1/4 pole). Horse that chased him chipped his knee turning for home and if it was not there, that is where he felt it, when switching back to the right lead.
    Goldencents did not even start to relax until the 5 and 1/2 pole . He might win but if he does he will need to improve at least 5 more lengths. That might happen but why would you take 7-1 for all that to occur?

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Actually he did not rate well at all. Perfect trip. Clean right eye. ( see my thread if you do not understand that. Spoke about it at least 20 times) No horse even thought about closing( no one caught the horse that stopped at the 1/4 pole). Horse that chased him chipped his knee turning for home and if it was not there, that is where he felt it, when switching back to the right lead.
    Goldencents did not even start to relax until the 5 and 1/2 pole . He might win but if he does he will need to improve at least 5 more lengths. That might happen but why would you take 7-1 for all that to occur?
    Thx. I stand corrected.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68497

Thx. I stand corrected.
    No problem my friend. Hope you did not take that as anything but my opinion. I very much appreciate your contribution to this forum and the last thing I would want to do is come off like I know it all because I do not. Far from it.
    I hope that me pointing certain things out allows you guys to be able to see things that you might not have seen before.
    When I reread my post this morning , it might have come off as arrogant. I was really pissed off about something last night that had nothing to do with this. If you read it the way I did this morning, I apologize .
    Best of Luck.

Easy-Rider 66

No problem my friend. Hope you did not take that as anything but my opinion. I very much appreciate your contribution to this forum and the last thing I would want to do is come off like I know it all because I do not. Far from it.
    I hope that me pointing certain things out allows you guys to be able to see things that you might not have seen before.
    When I reread my post this morning , it might have come off as arrogant. I was really pissed off about something last night that had nothing to do with this. If you read it the way I did this morning, I apologize .
    Best of Luck.
    Off the forum yesterday, so a late response. I did not think your post was arrogant in any way. You were stating your opinion based on many years in the horse game. And I respect that opinion. Thx again.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    ummm no! horrible prediction 5 or 6? ur dreaming

code west, flashback, golden, Itsmylucky, normandy, overanaly, oxbow, revolutionalry, shangi, Supper99, uncaptured, verazz, vyjack and at least 2 others are very reasonable canidates to make the field.. that is 15 horses as possible..will some not make it of course... but your looking at the typial 7 to 11 from pool one to make the field.
    wow that field ONE wager was even worse that what I knew would .....what a disaster for your odds.. if you played the horrible odds Field in that pool..wow ....

gilbert91016
    gilbert91016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14185

Ticket #:
    ODDS TO WIN KENTUCKY DERBY 2013, SATURDAY MAY 4TH
    Placed: 04/09/2013 @ 02:26 PM
    TNT - [30540] WAR ACADEMY +2000
    Risking: 100.00
    To Win: 2000.00

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

wow that field ONE wager was even worse that what I knew would .....what a disaster for your odds.. if you played the horrible odds Field in that pool..wow ....

LOL stop trying to act like you know what your talking about.You guessed and it may turn out to be right.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    LOL stop trying to act like you know what your talking about.You guessed and it may turn out to be right.
    no I actually do know what Im talking about. I remember seeing your clueless post and getting a pretty good laugh.

mikemca
    Update Status

no I actually do know what Im talking about. I remember seeing your clueless post and getting a pretty good laugh.

Sure you do

this is what you need to know..AVOID HORSE RACINg unless you have that Gene inside you that does not allow you to...
    or follow PRO PICKER..
    just hit your $2.10 show horses..

I guess you can pretend to be anything you want on the internet though.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Especially this year given the new points system is in place for the first time.Usually you have several horses that are already guaranteed a spot in the gate by now but not one horse has the points needed yet.

ALL OTHERS is 9-5 right now but should probably be 1-9 given that most of the Kentucky Derby field isn't even on that list
    Is this the MOST WRONG POST of the year..Id say top 3...

find a new hobby..

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

[QUOTE=mikemca;17908786]Orb and I've Struck A Nerve move into #1 and #2 on the Kentucky Derby points list giving them a spot in the gate as part of All Others.Plus you can eliminate at least 5 or 6 horses that were listed as options that ran like allowance horses and another 5 or 6, if not more, that have a hiccup in training or get injured.That would leave 10-14 horses with a chance of even being in the field ,let alone win.

Can't believe the field was 8-5.[/QUOTE]

and this one joins the list.

Slimpickens

Is this the MOST WRONG POST of the year..Id say top 3...

find a new hobby..
    Relax dude.

mikemca
    Update Status

Relax dude.

Its OK.Guy has no clue what he is talking about.
    Points Awarded:

trytrytry gave mikemca 100 SBR Point(s) for this post.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

your right .. cheers have a 100 point derby wager at SBR .. should be a great event.. forget my posts here if you would.
    Points Awarded:

mikemca gave trytrytry 100 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Got the price I wanted at 5D

70892064-1 3/25/13 6:13pm $100.00 $700.00 Pending 3/30/13 3:00pm Horses Other Sports 1139 Verrazano wins Kentucky Derby +700* vs Field wins Kentucky Derby

I haven't had this much confidence in a pony since Holy Bull
    Verrazano 11/1 in early betting so far. Wonder if that will go down. Surprised he is not taking more action, but the fact that he did not run as a 2 year old may be a factor.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Best of Luck.
    Good morning, I read some of your threads and thank you for sharing. I'm a recreational horse player , love the game. Actually hit the pick 3 on the Oaks yesterday, played 6/ 4/ with the field and got lucky as 38-1 shot won ,paid 725.i know the derby is a crap shoot and usually pick 2 or 3 long shots and wheel with the field. Made some big scores sometimes,actually had giacommo the 50-1 shot. So do you have any opinions. Doing some handicapping this morning. I actually like Normandy invasion. Love Chad Brown/ Castellano combo. He just missed to Verrazona who has post 14 at 4-1, and I have post 5 , At 12-1. My first instinct have to delve further.

Slimpickens

The field from pool 1 wins as expected.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry

excellent call on Field.

mikemca
    Update Status

If I was into having money tied up for 3 months I would be all over the field here. Bet only 5 or 6 from this list even make the derby.
    We might have been a little off last year even if Orb made the ALL OTHERS prop the winner but the theory proved true this year.Only 2 of the 23 horses in Derby Pool 1 are still pointing to the derby in Cairo Prince and Ride On Curlin.
    Points Awarded:

Slimpickens gave mikemca 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

anybody going to this?

First 123