marcojuiceman
    marcojuiceman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Illegal Everything In the US... A must Watch

I guess i was right again nothing will change under the two liberals running for office
    Over Regulated Govt 101

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i'm so confused

i thought the u.s. was the most free country in the world

except that i can't gamble, can't smoke anywhere, can't speak my mind if it offends anyone, etc etc

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Cops busting kids lemonade stands, my God. Maybe I will go into civil liberties law.

I think it may be time to move to Canada.

marcojuiceman

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    Cops busting kids lemonade stands, my God. Maybe I will go into civil liberties law.

I think it may be time to move to Canada.
    The US is that pathetic

marcojuiceman

The guy gets 6years in Prison for selling Lobster

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

everything is too damn politically correct now

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Crazy chit

marcojuiceman

• A Florida law vending-machine labels to urge the public to file a report if the label is not there.
    • A proposed code for nurseries in Colorado that specifies how many crayons each box must contain.
    • The Federal Railroad Administration insists that all must be trains must be painted with an “F” at the front, so you can tell which end is which.
    • Bureaucratic busybodies in Bethesda, Maryland, have shut down children’s lemonade stands because the enterprising young moppets did not have trading licences.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

speaking of stupid laws

drive through braille

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

From a Canadian perspective, we have similar issues so it is not perfect.

The key message that everybody in the FREE world should understand and acknowledge is that Prohibition does not work in a FREE world.

What strikes me about this piece is the irony and paradox there is.

Tell me if I am wrong.

Fox News is a generally very right-wing/Republican news-entertainment organization, correct?

Law enforcement officers are generally Republican leaning/voting groups, correct?

It is my understanding that the Republican party by enlarge supports Prohibition on Prostitution, Gambling, Drugs.

If the above is true in general terms, why do law enforcement and Fox News support the party that limits their freedoms?

A lot of the early parts of that show showed issues that are not black/white, there are shades of grey here.

It is my understanding (especially as it relates to grey areas noted in the show), Police have the ability to make judgement calls on who to arrest and how to interpret the "laws" that are in place. If Republican leaning police do not think that they should ban "free enterprise", why do the police choose to crackdown on these small businesses? What the show does not explore is why are they doing that, who tells them to enforce this?

Lastly, specifically about the grocery/farm/taxi issues. Again a paradox as I see it. On one hand you have people who want to have freedom of enterprise and choice, unbridled. That in of itself is hard to argue with and most people I feel would generally agree with this. I think the issues and the laws come in place because it is a bigger society issue. The reasons for the laws preventing these start ups from operating without controls is to protect the public at large. Food sellers need to have some safety and cleanliness standards. If they do not, then when someone gets sick/injured/taken advantage of, lawsuits start happening.

That in my opinion is the paradox, the laws are there so that essentially people are protected from either being sued or having a reason to be sued....

Again it is really hard to boil down that (very good) show but I guess I would go to my original point, Prohibition is generally a very bad thing for a FREE society.

That said, in order to allow the lack of Prohibition on the "vices", there should be controls in place to keep the society safe (vendors and consumers). That should be the roll of a government in a FREE society in my humble opinion.

Cheers and peace all!

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    speaking of stupid laws

drive through braille
    probably for blind people with an aid...JUST A GUESS

you obviously have never helped a blind person to the store, bank, etc...the only reason that law is "stupid" is because private companies would not spend the resources on braille if they were not required...

some people just have to find a reason to complain...

marcojuiceman

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    From a Canadian perspective, we have similar issues so it is not perfect.

The key message that everybody in the FREE world should understand and acknowledge is that Prohibition does not work in a FREE world.

What strikes me about this piece is the irony and paradox there is.

Tell me if I am wrong.

Fox News is a generally very right-wing/Republican news-entertainment organization, correct?

Law enforcement officers are generally Republican leaning/voting groups, correct?

It is my understanding that the Republican party by enlarge supports Prohibition on Prostitution, Gambling, Drugs.

If the above is true in general terms, why do law enforcement and Fox News support the party that limits their freedoms?

A lot of the early parts of that show showed issues that are not black/white, there are shades of grey here.

It is my understanding (especially as it relates to grey areas noted in the show), Police have the ability to make judgement calls on who to arrest and how to interpret the "laws" that are in place. If Republican leaning police do not think that they should ban "free enterprise", why do the police choose to crackdown on these small businesses? What the show does not explore is why are they doing that, who tells them to enforce this?

Lastly, specifically about the grocery/farm/taxi issues. Again a paradox as I see it. On one hand you have people who want to have freedom of enterprise and choice, unbridled. That in of itself is hard to argue with and most people I feel would generally agree with this. I think the issues and the laws come in place because it is a bigger society issue. The reasons for the laws preventing these start ups from operating without controls is to protect the public at large. Food sellers need to have some safety and cleanliness standards. If they do not, then when someone gets sick/injured/taken advantage of, lawsuits start happening.

That in my opinion is the paradox, the laws are there so that essentially people are protected from either being sued or having a reason to be sued....

Again it is really hard to boil down that (very good) show but I guess I would go to my original point, Prohibition is generally a very bad thing for a FREE society.

That said, in order to allow the lack of Prohibition on the "vices", there should be controls in place to keep the society safe (vendors and consumers). That should be the roll of a government in a FREE society in my humble opinion.

Cheers and peace all!

Actually Fox News is more of a "Old Repub" philosophy... That show with Stostell is more about a Libertarian way of how the US should be... that is something the "old repubs" dont want..

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8906

sad isn't it. They will keep doing it more and more unless you vote them out.

marcojuiceman

And people wonder why Jobs cannot be created in the US

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Agreed Beerdog......Republicans always mocking liberals/dems that they enjoy the government taking away their freedoms when their own party does/supports the same damn thing--in different ways

USA needs to move to a libertarian type society before its too late.....but I feel that we are actually moving in the WRONG direction in recent years

Wake up people....Get your heads out of your asses before its too late

marcojuiceman

exactly