View New Posts
  1. #1

    Stan Van Gundy, fired.

    Not surprised.

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by HighTimes View Post
    Dwights happy.

    I wonder who he will hire?
    Phil Jackson.

    Just think of what Phil could do with someone as dominate as Dwight and all the role players on that team.

  4. #4

    Crazy part is I think he's a top 5 coach as far as X's and O's are concerned but he seems to have a problem getting his players to play for him.

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by ephi408 View Post
    Phil Jackson.

    Just think of what Phil could do with someone as dominate as Dwight and all the role players on that team.
    Jackson would be a good catch...problem is he has his feet up soaking in the sun with his very rich wife right now. Why leave that?

  7. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    van gundy will be coaching in the NBA by october.
    YUP

  8. #8

    Damn. Even tt's twin is now fat and unemployed instead of just fat.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/14/2014


  9. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    van gundy will be coaching in the NBA by october.
    Easily. SVG is a top 10 coach in this league.

  10. #10

    maybe one of the least surprising firings in awhile

  11. #11

    Orl would have been better off trading Dwight, keeping SVG. Their cap situation sucks with all aging vets so they aint gonna win anytime soon. Might as well get some young talent and keep the coach.

  12. #12

  13. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    would like to see him come to the Clippers
    Clippers win a game or two vs. the Spurs with Van Gundy instead of that retard they have.

  14. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by celtics3388 View Post
    Clippers win a game or two vs. the Spurs with Van Gundy instead of that retard they have.
    95% of the NBA coaches are meaningless, only a handful actually make adjustments that help their teams win. Van Gundy is one of them. But it is a very short list. Popovich, Doc Rivers, doug collins, tom thibodeau (usually).

    Problem is he doesnt seem to be a 'players' coach so he gets buried by the guys who play for him. Shaq did it and Howard did it. He either needs a team with guys willing to listen or a team of young guys who dont have huge egos. I think Clippers could work because they all seem to be pretty unselfish and in it for the common good. You dont see Paul or Griffen burying their team mates or bashing them in pressers for making bad passes.

  15. #15

    would like to see him with the knicks or a young team like the sacramento kings. he took dwight and a bunch of nobodies to the finals. what would he do with 3 all stars that the knicks have? or give him all that young talent with the kings he would make them a powerhouse

  16. #16
    ChalkyDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 8,967
    Betpoints: 3112
    Message Me

    Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Crazy part is I think he's a top 5 coach as far as X's and O's are concerned but he seems to have a problem getting his players to play for him.

    Message got stale in Orlando. This guy can find a gig no problem. Good coach.

  17. #17
    ChalkyDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 8,967
    Betpoints: 3112
    Message Me

    Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    would like to see him with the knicks or a young team like the sacramento kings. he took dwight and a bunch of nobodies to the finals. what would he do with 3 all stars that the knicks have? or give him all that young talent with the kings he would make them a powerhouse
    I think Cousins is on track to being a top 3 big man in the league by next year. Hell, he is arguably already there.

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I think Cousins is on track to being a top 3 big man in the league by next year. Hell, he is arguably already there.
    agreed Cousins, Evans, Thorton, Jimmer, Isiah Thomas. there is a lot of good young talent there van gundy would turn them into a 35 win team in his first season and a possible 8 seed

  19. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post

    95% of the NBA coaches are meaningless, only a handful actually make adjustments that help their teams win. Van Gundy is one of them. But it is a very short list. Popovich, Doc Rivers, doug collins, tom thibodeau (usually).
    I'd add Carlisle and Adelman to that list. Also Popovich is by the far the best coach in the league right now.

  20. #20
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 161,901
    Betpoints: 1955
    Message Me

    good move

    he was the worst

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  21. #21

    WTF is orlando doing? they haven't made 1 logical decision all year

  22. #22
    bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-11
    Posts: 6,386
    Message Me

    Ron jeremy is gone

  23. #23

  24. #24

    shoulda got rid of the tall retarded one instead

         Ring
         Games
         Winner
         368 pts

    40pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY12th Place 4/24/2014

    300pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY3rd Place 4/21/2014

    60pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY11th Place 4/23/2014

    World
    Poker
    Cup Last place


  25. #25

    funny thing is, Dwight doesn't even want to be there. so they're trying to appease a guy who's gonna be gone?

  26. #26

    Orlando will find a puppet to fit on dwights hand as his hand will always be up the coaches ass

  27. #27

    About time.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  28. #28

    howard might even be damaged goods. Odds are he leaves anyway. But if he starts having chronic back issues this will prove to be a very horrible move.

    Orlando obviously didnt watch what happened in Cleveland 2 years ago.

    What makes it worse is Van Gundy is a much better coach than Brown is.

  29. #29

    i hate D.Howard! he will never be a winner!

  30. #30

    Quote Originally Posted by blowseq View Post
    i hate D.Howard! he will never be a winner!
    no, Dwight takes his team to the playoffs every season. Magic r pathetic without him

  31. #31

    The Magic should hire Jeff and put Stan as the commentator.

  32. #32

    Quote Originally Posted by celtics3388 View Post
    Orl would have been better off trading Dwight, keeping SVG. Their cap situation sucks with all aging vets so they aint gonna win anytime soon. Might as well get some young talent and keep the coach.
    Absolutely right, Howard doesnt even know if he wants to be there anyway.

  33. #33

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    The Magic should hire Jeff and put Stan as the commentator.
    lol Or hire John Madden and just tell Dwight he's in charge....

Top