Betpoints: 1197

Anyone else think the bears got a steal with Alshon Jeffries at 45

Him cutler marshall and knox. Good combo

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It's Alshon Jeffery....And yes, dude is a fukkin beast

First thing Mel Kiper said was "He dominated the SEC".....That's all you need to know

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Funny story.....Alshon is from South Carolina and he was deciding between SC and Tennessee

Lane Kiffin told him you go to SC you'll be pumping my gas some day......Fast forward a few years and Gamecocks finish 2011 season at 11-2 at #7 overall and Alshon laughing all the way to the bank tonight

Lane Kiffin is at a different school and Tennessee in disarray
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 04-27-12 at 11:07 PM.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Don't really like him that much, might surprise me. but at best i see him being a braylon edwards type player

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

the criticism on him is he is not a good route runner so he will not get separation from the CB.

he could end up being roy williams.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Kid better watch his diet or he will be TE in a few years.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Pick him up in fantasy leagues. Guy will not get much attention defensively with Brandon Marshall.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1884

Bears are a playoff team.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery in the redzone together is a nightmare for defenses

Also, both guys can make big plays down the field or use their size to catch the 1st downs

PickWinnerAllDay

The NFC north has 3 top 10 nfl teams and might even have 3 top 6-7 teams. Division is brutal.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Bears Lions and Packers will be a great division race.....I really think this season anyone can win it

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Might bet on Bears and Lions to win NFC North if I get high enough + money (Or Packers to NOT win NFC North if solid odds)

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

Cutler wanted big receivers and he sure got them. Jeffrey looks ideal at the Z. Lining up Marshall and Jeffrey and Bennett in the slot looks deadly. No doubt motivation and work ethic will be key for Jeffrey. If Bears keep Marshall and Jeffrey focused and motivated and out of trouble, they should be really tough to handle. Cutler will get them the ball.

Love the big receiver combos. A lot of teams have a CB to matchup, but not many have two of them.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was ecstatic with this pick, wanted OL (massie specifically), but this is a solid solid weapon. The guy his a top 20 overall talent, and was that before some of the non-sense that dropped him back.

So far, rather happy with the bears picks, wish they got an OL instead of the S they picked up in the 3rd. But that Safety is a 6'2ish speedster

He really reminds me of an AJ Green type guy. A bit smaller, but similar speed, etc.

PickWinnerAllDay

Now pay meet forte in the middle and we are looking good. If the offensive line can stay healthy, I think they can be adequate. It is nice knowing we have some big receivers to go get jump balls now when cutler does have to throw it up early. Knox and Hester would watch the opponent intercept it before they'd go get it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I like the Jeffrey pick but I still don't like the McClellin pick. They won't get the LT they could use from here on out in the draft. That first pick should have been Riley Reiff and then they could have gone DE with Cam Johnson or Jared Crick in the 3rd. Very surprised they are both still out there. Should go early 4th for great value.

Orson Charles from UGA is an interesting TE still left. Andrew Datko and Zebrie Sanders interesting OT. Chase Minnifield an interesting CB.

ChalkyDog

They could have gotten a tackle, who based on everything I have seen/read/know is not far off of Rieff, if at all, in Bobby Massie.

He was sitting there in the 3rd rd too, and was easily the best T available since the mid 2nd rd.

I don't know why he is falling, but I would be willing to trade away the rest of the draft to move up and get him, and address a SERIOUS need

We have Gabe Carimi, who is alright, and Garza is decent, but he needs help for sure.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

#1 WR in the draft, should have been a top 15 pick. He is going to do big things.

ChalkyDog

BEAST!!! Just looking at his stuff, kid is insane!

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

They wanted Hill is the truth on the matter, the Jets jumped ahead of them to swipe him away!!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    the criticism on him is he is not a good route runner so he will not get separation from the CB.

he could end up being roy williams.

That might have been his criticism when he was top ten but now everything has to do with his weight

Roto97
    Roto97's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

That might have been his criticism when he was top ten but now everything has to do with his weight
    Agreed. I think Darryl Drake the WRs coach, has proven himself to be a great coach. He will keep this guy in line and hungry. Once and if AJ learns to be a pro, I think he will be a stud in the NFL. I too was drooling over Hill, but AJ played in the SEC against much tougher competition.

Found an artcile on KFAN comparing the two.

http://www.kfan.com/pages/joenelson....ticle=10055603

Alshon Jeffery Vs. Stephen Hill

Tweet
    Stephen Hill from Georgia Tech or Alshon Jeffery from South Carolina with the No. 35 pick in the draft? Good question... easy answer. Alshon Jeffery. We're searching for a soul mate. Stephen Hill is prettier than Jeffery, but once you get to know him you'll realize he doesn't fit in your long-term plans.

A great football mind told me that Hill was productive at Georgia Tech because opposing defenses were forced to put 9-10 in the box to handle the wishbone. Plus, he didn't do a lot of blocking. Let's avoid another Troy Williamson outcome and draft a player that we can commit to, long-term.

Watch this highlight reel of Jeffery ... take notice at the 2:20 mark ... he goes into beast mode against then Florida defensive back Janoris Jenkins. Great coverage by Jenkins, but Jeffery made the play.
    And Jenkins got drafted by the rams in the 2nd round. In the end I have a feeling AJ will do better just because Cutler is a much better QB than Sanchez. Not saying Hill will be a bust, but he ain't no Megatron.

AJ highlights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ULKAO6R_0Rg

Hill Highlights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1kQWb4NXvJc

Now if i can just erase that moob pic of AJ from my head it might help.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    They wanted Hill is the truth on the matter, the Jets jumped ahead of them to swipe him away!!
    I think that is FALSE. GM said Jeffery was in the Bears top 3 receivers in the draft. Hill was not one of them. Bears moved up because they thought Philly would swipe Jeffery.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9740

knox???? his career is over dude

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Hope this pick pans out... I cannot believe they neglected the o line again. Seems like Jerry Angelo was running things again!

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

He's lazy and his character is suspect, did you see what he looked like this year compared to last?

Name:  alshon-jeffrey-is-fat.jpg
Views: 2118
Size:  42.8 KB

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    knox???? his career is over dude
    what happened to em?

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Knox required immediate surgery in order to stabilize an injured vertebra, but maintained sensation in all limbs following the incident.[4] He was placed on injured reserve on December 19, ending his season.[5]

oh wow.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    He's lazy and his character is suspect, did you see what he looked like this year compared to last?

Name:  alshon-jeffrey-is-fat.jpg
Views: 2118
Size:  42.8 KB
    Yet he still dominated in the best conference of college football.....And he never played that fat either.....Check out his highlights from any season, he was never that fat

Pic was taken in the off season and he obviously got back in shape.....Weighed in at 213 pounds at his Pro day a month ago

Character suspect? Never got in trouble once........

PickWinnerAllDay

Cutler will post pro bowl numbers. Question for bears will be health. Hopefully the Chicago injury bug calms the fukk down. Hell, why can't more cubs players get injured? They all suck anyway.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Character suspect? Never got in trouble once........
    he probably only saw him one time when he got tossed from the nebraska game

ya know...the one where he won MVP

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    he probably only saw him one time when he got tossed from the nebraska game

ya know...the one where he won MVP

Roto97
    Roto97's Avatar Become A Pro!

Supposedly he told Emery that he played at 232 his soph year too. When he had his best season.

PickWinnerAllDay

Don't care his weight. He will be in shape. Guy wants fame and glory like anyone else. Will be nice seeing wide receivers on the outside who don't weigh 170 pounds. (Knox/Hester)

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I would compare Jeffery to guys like Colston and Bowe. League is really moving toward these types of receivers. Brandon Marshall too. When you can line up Marshall at the X and Jeffery at the Z, you're going to have a lot to handle. Cutler loves to throw over the middle and has those bid wide targets now.

Marshall will replace Roy Will at the X and Jefferey replaces Hester at the Z. And consider that even with that the Bears were 7-3 and avg 32ppg in the last 5 before Cutler injury. Bears have challenges with Cutler's health and integrating new receivers and keeping Forte happy (and healthy), but they have the pieces to be scary good on offense and likewise on defense the pieces are there if they can avoid some of the aging and stay healthy. The window on defense with Urlacher, Peppers, Briggs and Tillman is narrow so they better get their act together quick.

12 Last