t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Trent Richardson one of the most overrated rbs in nfl draft in a long time

Browns were completely out of their mind trading up one pick to get this kid. Physically, he is a beast but he's not versatile, he's not that fast, and he's not a great blocker.

In today's game you need a running back who can not only run the football but catch out of the backfield and pass block. He should do fine as a workhorse back but he will never turn out to be worthy of a number 3 overall selection.

Running backs are a dime a dozen nowadays:

Foster (undrafted)
    Rice (late 2nd round)
    Jones-Drew (late 2nd round)
    McCoy (late 2nd round)
    Gore (3rd round)

I could go on and on and on and on. The only early draft pick I can think of is Adrian Peterson and T-Rich doesn't even come close to Peterson.

This will go down as an awful pick. Not saying he will be a bust but you don't use 3rd overall selections on running backs unless they are once in a generation.

Call82
    Canīt wait for MLB to start...
    Call82's Avatar Become A Pro!

Time will tell, I think you are wrong.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I thought he was one of the surest things in the entire first round. You know what you are going to get, and he is going to be able to provide it immediately.

Wait for what you see after he has a NFL offseason to prepare with a contract and staff in place.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

I think all RBs are. How many teams have a good back nowadays?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

He is overrated like Mark Ingram. I hope.

Browns stuck themselves with a senior citizen at QB and still don't have a WR to throw to (Should of drafted Blackmon at 4). Let's see what they do in the other rounds of the draft.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

I think you are wrong my friend. I think hes the real deal

t-wizzle

For the record, I never said he won't be a solid back. In fact, I emphasized that he will probably have some success and be a good workhorse back. The point is that he's nowhere near worthy of a 3rd overall selection and that the Browns are idiots for trading up one pick to get him, thus giving up later picks.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Good O-line that can create holes = good RB. Doesn't matter who is back there.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

Quote Originally Posted by samgurt View Post
    This ^

Getting a running back in the first round has to be the most -EV play in drafting beyond getting a Kicker or Punter. They have a short shelf life and if it were me I would want my first round pick to be on the team longer than 5-7 years.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Browns were completely out of their mind trading up one pick to get this kid. Physically, he is a beast but he's not versatile, he's not that fast, and he's not a great blocker.

In today's game you need a running back who can not only run the football but catch out of the backfield and pass block. He should do fine as a workhorse back but he will never turn out to be worthy of a number 3 overall selection.

Running backs are a dime a dozen nowadays:

Foster (undrafted)
    Rice (late 2nd round)
    Jones-Drew (late 2nd round)
    McCoy (late 2nd round)
    Gore (3rd round)

I could go on and on and on and on. The only early draft pick I can think of is Adrian Peterson and T-Rich doesn't even come close to Peterson.

This will go down as an awful pick. Not saying he will be a bust but you don't use 3rd overall selections on running backs unless they are once in a generation.
    LMAO - he's not that fast and he can't block? Have you watched him?! He's the most complete back to come out since AP - he's a 3 down back

He's fast, he can catch, he can block - he's an every down back, btw almost every team in the top of the draft wanted this guy

you are clueless

t-wizzle

Richardson runs way too stiff. He's so fukkin strong that he doesn't have any real quick moves to him. He doesn't strike me as a guy who can make sharp cut backs and that's a huge part of the nfl running game.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Because of RB's injury outlook, the only RB I'd draft is a late pick guy...someone that runs north-south...Steeler-style. They'd be more powerful than fast and they'd have the physicality needed to pass block. F that Reggie Bush crap.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by samgurt View Post
    And most teams have more than one back to change off. Look at the two Super Bowl teams this year. The highest yardage back between both is ranked 27th in the league.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

lots of good analysis in here, feel like i learned something. especially liked the points about richardson no lateral quickness, and opening holes = good runningback.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have to love the internet, gives everyone a platform to be a moron.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

For the record, I never said he won't be a solid back. In fact, I emphasized that he will probably have some success and be a good workhorse back. The point is that he's nowhere near worthy of a 3rd overall selection and that the Browns are idiots for trading up one pick to get him, thus giving up later picks.
    i agree, it's not like minny was gonna take him. but he should put up some good numbers for fantasy.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

The only early draft pick I can think of is Adrian Peterson and T-Rich doesn't even come close to Peterson.
    they are different backs. richardson is emmitt 2.0

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

seriously, i'm no GM or coach myself, but i thought shurmur was supposed to be legit for the browns? aren't him and heckert supposed to be pushing the right buttons? to me it seems like the browns have made awful moves all offseason and so far through this draft..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

When healthy McFadden is pretty explosive

He was a high draft pick

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Diregarding injury chances of running backs and short life, it was a good pick.

If you want to argue that it is just not smart to draft any RB that high, then you probably have a point.

But he is not an every year type of talent. Chances of being top yard producing back in the league his first year.

ProfaneReality

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    seriously, i'm no GM or coach myself, but i thought shurmur was supposed to be legit for the browns? aren't him and heckert supposed to be pushing the right buttons? to me it seems like the browns have made awful moves all offseason and so far through this draft..
    What makes you say that ? FTR, Heckert has the final call on personnel, ultimately these are his picks. What awful moves do you speak of ? Letting Hillis go ? Considering all Hillis could muster up was a 1 year deal for 3 mil, it doesn't seem like a lot of teams were too interested in him. Richardson > Hillis

Heckert stated from day 1, this team will be built through the draft. When he took over, there was 0 talent on this team aside from Joe Thomas. In his first draft, he had 6 picks, and he yielded 4 bonafide starters. ( Taylor, Sheard, Little, Pinkston ) and he fleeced Atlanta for moving up to 6. This year, he has/had 13 picks. Browns fans should be giddy that Heckert is in charge of those picks. The guy can draft. You need even more evidence ? Look at his drafts in Philadelphia.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    What makes you say that ? FTR, Heckert has the final call on personnel, ultimately these are his picks. What awful moves do you speak of ? Letting Hillis go ? Considering all Hillis could muster up was a 1 year deal for 3 mil, it doesn't seem like a lot of teams were too interested in him. Richardson > Hillis

Heckert stated from day 1, this team will be built through the draft. When he took over, there was 0 talent on this team aside from Joe Thomas. In his first draft, he had 6 picks, and he yielded 4 bonafide starters. ( Taylor, Sheard, Little, Pinkston ) and he fleeced Atlanta for moving up to 6. This year, he has/had 13 picks. Browns fans should be giddy that Heckert is in charge of those picks. The guy can draft. You need even more evidence ? Look at his drafts in Philadelphia.
    you might be right. i think cleveland had to move up to get richardson. there were other teams trying to move up to the third spot to get him.

ProfaneReality

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    you might be right. i think cleveland had to move up to get richardson. there were other teams trying to move up to the third spot to get him.
    Heckert told media he knows for a fact there was an offer from Tampa Bay to move to 3 to take Richardson. He said he matched it. Minny GM Speilman comfirmed same thing.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by eastern2 View Post
    LMAO - he's not that fast and he can't block? Have you watched him?! He's the most complete back to come out since AP - he's a 3 down back

He's fast, he can catch, he can block - he's an every down back, btw almost every team in the top of the draft wanted this guy

you are clueless
    you are fukkin clueless

NFL is now a pass first league

serviceable running backs are a dime a dozen

not an important position anymore. shelf life very short

drafting a running back before the third round is about as moronic as it gets

get a clue kid

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trent Richardson is an animal.

He's going to rip the NFL to shreds.

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Trent Richardson is an animal.

He's going to rip the NFL to shreds.
    regardless of whether he kills it or not it is not a smart pick in todays nfl to draft a RB that high

short shelf life and serviceable running backs are a dime a dozen

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

trent will be a studd, they have a good o line, but play steelers, baltimore 2 times a year wont help. If he gets hurt that just something that happens

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    you are fukkin clueless

NFL is now a pass first league

serviceable running backs are a dime a dozen

not an important position anymore. shelf life very short

drafting a running back before the third round is about as moronic as it gets

get a clue kid
    He's the best player in the draft moron, once in a generation Running back - check back w/me in a year - keep getting brainwashed by the espn idiots

Br0nxer

He's the best player in the draft moron, once in a generation Running back - check back w/me in a year - keep getting brainwashed by the espn idiots
    your lost kid

i don't need any moron from espn to tell me anything

i have forgotten more about sports than every personality there knows combined

FYI-head on over to the newbie forum-dont know if anyone made you aware of this but your opinion means zero at this place until you get yourself 1000 posts

run along
    Last edited by Br0nxer; 04-27-12 at 05:53 PM.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

agree, he won't fail in the NFL, but not worth anywhere near the #3 pick

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

He isn't as fast as Adrian Peterson on the 40 yard dash. But he is faster than Mark Ingram. Should be interesting to see how he performs against the Steelers and Ravens.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

ty lou

I love trent

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Best RB. Not player.

Unless the Browns upgrade big time at WR, then defenses will stack the box against TR, and force Weeden to throw it. I would be surprised if TR doesn't get injured this season.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    agree, he won't fail in the NFL, but not worth anywhere near the #3 pick
    Exactly.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Barring injury... Big Star

123 Last