keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

NHL Playoffs Are Great But...

... what the fukk is with the diving and bush league antics? Watching the start of this OTT/NYR game, Carkner (brought in just to fight) tees off on Boyle's face who doesn't defend himself at any point. That was in response to some hits Boyle landed on Karlsson last game.

And then the fukking dive by Anisimov that got NYR the PP that lead to their first goal. It's so brutal to watch games being decided by PP goals resulting from dives.

I just don't remember this kind of nonsense happening as much before. Weber smashing Zetterberg's head into the glass, Kesler faking being hit by Quick so he can run into him (lead to a goal), and countless other examples so far.

Referees are fukking pathetic, players diving are fukking pathetic, and league not addressing it is fukking pathetic.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7903

just enjoy the games key. It doesn't even bother me all that much. You have 99.9999999% of the action being amazingly entertaining. I don't get all the bitching. Its been this ever since I been watching hockey.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    just enjoy the games key. It doesn't even bother me all that much. You have 99.9999999% of the action being amazingly entertaining. I don't get all the bitching. Its been this ever since I been watching hockey.
    Name the last time you saw something like Weber or Carkner in the playoffs. And diving is at an all-time high.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

It used to just be grabbing the other guys stick and holding it to try and get a hooking call against them.....now its ridiculous.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Name the last time you saw something like Weber or Carkner in the playoffs. And diving is at an all-time high.
    every single year
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MTek

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

every single year
    Specifically.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Alex fukkin Burrows

Biggest diving pole smoking cheap shotting dick jockey. Right up there with Cindy C.

DwightShrute

Specifically.
    every year in football there are as many holding penalties and Pass interference penalties that any other year. Same with dives in Hockey and Soccer. Wait till the Euro Cup in a couple months and all the threads about how boring soccer is and the diving is out of control.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35447

Refs swallowed their whistles In the caps bruins game and it was very entertaining.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

every year in football there are as many holding penalties and Pass interference penalties that any other year. Same with dives in Hockey and Soccer. Wait till the Euro Cup in a couple months and all the threads about how boring soccer is and the diving is out of control.
    I asked for specific examples that compare to Weber and Carkner and you bring up football? Come on, pal.

And just now Galiardi leads with the elbow into McDonald's head who has had concussion issues this season. McDonald was fukking furious after the hit. Unreal.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

And now we have the Hagelin hit on Alfredsson which was a head shot, taking Alfredsson out of the game.

And Burns cheap elbow to the back of Nichol's head.

You telling me you see this fukking nonsense every year?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

They Been watching too much soccer lol

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

And now we have the Hagelin hit on Alfredsson which was a head shot, taking Alfredsson out of the game.

And Burns cheap elbow to the back of Nichol's head.

You telling me you see this fukking nonsense every year?
    alfy got crushed i doubt he plays game 3

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

It's the refs faults they are dumb enough to fall for it so guys will continue to do it. They need to start calling 2 minutes for diving and a 10 minute misconduct every time and it will stop dramatically. None of this 2 for tripping and 2 for diving offsetting crap.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

make sure you never watch soccer

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Wow, Shaw runs into Smith's jaw with his shoulder. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

I'm telling you, boys, the lack of respect in the NHL now is fukking embarrassing.

And to everyone talking about diving, that isn't so much the issue as the lack of respect. The diving is just a by-product of players not respecting the game or the fans enough to play it honestly.

And the cheap shots and bush league antics is not respecting each other.

It's a dark day for sports when even playoff hockey becomes hard to watch at times.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Damn. 5 min phx pp.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Pretty sure Smith embellished the shit outta that play there. He knocked his helmet off, I don't think his jaw went with the helmet, that's not how goalie masks are designed.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

little bit of acting for sure but the hawks are punks regardless

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    Pretty sure Smith embellished the shit outta that play there. He knocked his helmet off, I don't think his jaw went with the helmet, that's not how goalie masks are designed.
    His jaw made direct contact with the jaw. There's no doubt about it. And a player should never, ever come that close to a goalie as they are skating by. Shaw is lucky it's the playoffs or he would have been gang beaten.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

huh? jaw to jaw? that does sound painful...and super awkward.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Wow, Shaw runs into Smith's jaw with his shoulder. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

I'm telling you, boys, the lack of respect in the NHL now is fukking embarrassing.

And to everyone talking about diving, that isn't so much the issue as the lack of respect. The diving is just a by-product of players not respecting the game or the fans enough to play it honestly.

And the cheap shots and bush league antics is not respecting each other.

It's a dark day for sports when even playoff hockey becomes hard to watch at times.
    Yup no respect at all anymore. Everyone thinks they're a tough guy and will cheap shot and then hide behind the refs. Bring back old school hockey

leeloo
    leeloo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not finding it hard at all. These playoffs have been fun to watch so far. Except for the referees.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

No issues for me. Playoff games have been good and exciting.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

The game doesn't need the cheap shots. The league removed the ability for the players to police themselves and now you're seeing all kinds of bullshit. Bertuzzi on Moore was a huge deal. Now that kind of garbage is happening every fukking night.

Head hunting has no place in the game and when top players are being taken out, it's a serious problem. The NHL is the only fukking league that doesn't protect its stars. What a joke.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

The game doesn't need the cheap shots. The league removed the ability for the players to police themselves and now you're seeing all kinds of bullshit. Bertuzzi on Moore was a huge deal. Now that kind of garbage is happening every fukking night.

Head hunting has no place in the game and when top players are being taken out, it's a serious problem. The NHL is the only fukking league that doesn't protect its stars. What a joke.
    Concussions are running rampant with the most talented players. It just boggles my mind that the NHL still seems to turn a blind eye to it. Crosby, Toews, Sedin, etc. Imagine the game without players of this caliber because of head shots?

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Asham cross check to Schenn's jaw/neck and a punch for good measure while Schenn lay crumpled on the ice. Unreal stuff, boys. Never seen anything like this.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

It's fukkin wild out there.
    Got to keep your head up.

Loving it though from a fan perspective. Insane playoffs.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

here ya go OP....1993 playoffs....Isle's had this game in the bag...fans singing goodbye to caps....turgeon scores, and hunter does not take kindly to the goal. so he separates turgeon's shoulder.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Detroit a model organization many should follow. They play the game well and Babs doesn't tolerate cheap shotting whore shit.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBeerHere View Post
    here ya go OP....1993 playoffs....Isle's had this game in the bag...fans singing goodbye to caps....turgeon scores, and hunter does not take kindly to the goal. so he separates turgeon's shoulder.

All right, 1993 and you got one clip. Let me give you some examples from today's PHI/PIT game:

1. Grossman's knee on knee with Neal.
    2. Neal's hit on Couturier.
    3. Asham's hit on Schenn.
    4. Neal's hit on Giroux.
    5. Crosby's countless cheapshots in scrums.
    6. Adams' cheapshots to Hartnell while his back was turned, then chasing him swinging, then pulling his hair.

On top of all that all the other ones I've mentioned so far. I'm telling you, game has changed and not for the better. Someone is going to get fukking killed out there soon and from the looks of it it's going to be a star player. NHL and Shanahan are absolutely retarded.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Mike Smith is so fake, lays on the ice for a damn half hour to get back into the net? are you kidding me? He totally faked that not to mention him coming out and hitting toews and then toews got the penalty earlier in the game.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

diving/acting at all time high in contact sports these days.