JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Marlins’ Ozzie Guillen Suspended For Five Games

Link Not Working - Removed-)
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 05:25 PM.

SnickerDoodles
    SnickerDoodles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marlins suspend Ozzie guillen

Suspended for 5 games? Uh oh turmoil in Miami already..

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Good start for Ozzie in Miami

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

They had to do something.

VegasVixen
    Update your status
    VegasVixen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

40 mins into his press conference, tired of it

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

more proof we don't live in a "free country"

if one of your opinions differs from the powers that be you will be punished for it

i still don't know what's so bad about saying you respect a guy that gets higher approval ratings than any of our elected leaders

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

He represents the Marlins, he answers to them. It isn't about free speech.
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave JakeLc 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

He is FREE to say wtf he wants... Just as management is FREE to hire/fire/suspend

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post

He represents the Marlins, he answers to them. It isn't about free speech.

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you can be punished for speaking your mind, then your speech is not free.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Ozzie is a moron his mouth is bigger than his head..... low class dick

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    If you can be punished for speaking your mind, then your speech is not free.
    He is free to say whatever he wants. The Marlins, who he works for, are free to discipline him as they see fit.

"Free" does not mean "without reprecussions"...just like you can't scream "FIRE" in a crowded theater.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    He is free to say whatever he wants. The Marlins, who he works for, are free to discipline him as they see fit.

"Free" does not mean "without reprecussions"...just like you can't scream "FIRE" in a crowded theater.
    yes they are free to "discipline" him but shouldn't there at least be a good reason?

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-16-14 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

fukking cubans.

If they hate castro so much, the should take him out..

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

he was stupid saying that, but i can see what he means. he wasn't really saying he agrees with castros policies, but saying how he has remained in control with termoil surrounding him.

i guess the owner had to do something, but i just don't like it that in america people get upset and roar and protest over things people say. bill maher came out and said the same thing, saying people who do this are trying to do something better for america, thinking they are making a difference. since only 1 percent of the population serves in the military, they want to make a difference but really are doing shit but bitching.
    doesn't matter if you say shit that angers the right or say shit the angers the left, let it be. we have the right to say stupid shit.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post

Somebody was listening to Cowherd this morning.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

He is a even bigger pussy for apologizing about his comments.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Somebody was listening to Cowherd this morning.
    i am sorry but his logic is completely wrong on this. he wasn't creating panic, thus causing people to be in danger. he was stating his opinion on castros power. not even remotely comparable

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Somebodqy was listening to Cowherd this morning.
    Actually, I wasn't...been at work all day...no radio.

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    fukking cubans.

If they hate castro so much, the should take him out..
    YES!!!!!! and maybe they could enlist the help of a United States president or two and the CIA! surely that won't fail!

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Did the govt throw him in jail

No

He works for a team and they pay him a lot so thy have the right to discipline when he's being stupid

Go live in Cuba and see how free it is

if one of your opinions differs from the powers that be you will be punished for it

i still don't know what's so bad about saying you respect a guy that gets higher approval ratings than any of our elected leaders

milwaukee mike

so someone living in cuba would be suspended from work for saying they had respect for obama?

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    Did the govt throw him in jail

No

He works for a team and they pay him a lot so thy have the right to discipline when he's being stupid

Go live in Cuba and see how free it is

if people in this country continue to be ok with freedoms taken away (freedom of speech and freedom of movement are almost totally gone) then we deserve what we get

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

should have kept it a secret that he liked castro, ozzie knows that liking castro is unpopular in little havana.

Robber

This is not a freedom of speech issue

If I pay you and you offend my customers I have to discipline you

If Ozzie were unemployed as he probably should be then he's free to say whatever stupid shit he wants

You don't understand what freedom of speech means
    if people in this country continue to be ok with freedoms taken away (freedom of speech and freedom of movement are almost totally gone) then we deserve what we get

Dutchie

saying that the Marlins disciplining an employee=not free speech is akin to saying your dad belting you one for saying he "foks a smelly whore" = not having "free speech" or a white person going into Harlem and getting on a soap box about how N--gers should be enslaved again and getting beat down = no freedom of speech.

there is freedom of speech in both situations as the government didn't get involved to limit the speech. (although in example b they could) But you better believe there are privatized consequences and repercussions in the private/community jurisdictions.

milwaukee mike

i see the point you guys are making, that it's more about offending the customers

and i wholeheartedly agree that people in the public eye like that should try to keep their mouth shut

Robber

Yes Dutch is right

face

cubans probably thinking "yea, let's go pay money to go see the team where the manager loves Castro ". it's not about freedom it's about business, it's not good for business. you can't legislate business.
    but it's funny that ozzie gets that out of the way right away. "first of all, i just want to say i love and respect castro"

keep it a secret dumbfuk

Dutchie

it is bothersome to me that "stupid jocks" are held to such a higher standard now in terms of what they say, tweet, ect. in this day and age.

our athletes are prob getting dumber and less politically correct, and the world is getting more scrutinizing and more Politically correct. While the climate of the media and social media magnifies any and every mis-step 100x more.

I bet back in the early 1900's world leaders and Us Presidents said more egregious things then John Rocker, or Ozzie, or T.O, or whatever athlete you wanna pick out did. But it just wasn't recorded on tape/film.

Robber

Yes it's harder today b media is all over everything

face

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    it is bothersome to me that "stupid jocks" are held to such a higher standard now in terms of what they say, tweet, ect. in this day and age.

our athletes are prob getting dumber and less politically correct, and the world is getting more scrutinizing and more Politically correct. While the climate of the media and social media magnifies any and every mis-step 100x more.

I bet back in the early 1900's world leaders and Us Presidents said more egregious things then John Rocker, or Ozzie, or T.O, or whatever athlete you wanna pick out did. But it just wasn't recorded on tape/film.
    i don't know, he's getting paid a shitload to manage in miami, he can't just keep it a secret that he likes castro? you don't have to be that smart to avoid that, regardless if he is too lazy to read a book on castro.

and now they have to decide if they want to pay for games where the manager likes castro, but the marlins owner should have found out if ozzie liked castro before they hired him i guess.

Dutchie

yeah I'd say 99.9% of all athletes/coaches in professional sports have been tooo lazy to read up on Castro. I mean a guy like Nelson Mandela seems to be trustworthy. yet he gave Castro humanity awards?????

maybe its not so cut and dried.

but my post wasn't about Castro. Its just annoying that we treat our "gladiators" like politicians now