QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Such a Sick bad beat tournament!!!!

IT a $250 buy in Tourney

Me First to act

ACE KING Suited

Raise 12k Chips

Guy Next to me Shove all in ( ace King off suit)

15k chips

Lady down the row Shove all-in ( ace 10 off suit)

10k Chips

Chip Leader (2,2)

Call 15k Chip

My turn to act, I go all in 25k chips

Chip leader calls with deuces

It holds, GG for me. And knocks 2 other out final table....

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Still wondering how that is a sick bad beat? So u lost to the best hand? Okay?

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've seen a one outer knock someone out on the river, that would be worse. Losing with AK and AA in the pocket is like every other day for me.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Dude called 37k with deuces..... I could of had any pocket pair and beat him..... Dude is reckless....

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Worst story ever. Worst raise I've ever seen. All in raise with AK, when 2 players are already all in and the chip leader is in the pot?

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

Think of it this way, good players in poker understand value.

A pocket pair on the final table, chip lead means you can 'afford to gamble'. With so many pushed in front of you, its a toss up. You can be fairly certain noone is pushing with a 2 in their hand, meaning flopping a set is a possibility i.e 2 outs. 3 people push, you are in to win 4 times your bet. And if you lose you still live another day while potentially still having 2 people knocked out.

That's value for me. I would have done the same.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

no offense...but thats not even close to a bad beat. only 1 ace left in deck and 2 kings. as long as board doesnt double pair, the ducks are a slight favorite.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

NOt really a bad beat as you were drawing thin but maybe a little overly aggressive playing with the dueces. He should have tried to push you off the hand if he was determined to play them rather then calling.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i have lost in spots like that with ak at least 1,000 times

there's always going to be someone that has a feeling everyone else is on a big ace so they call with a low pair like that. seems dumb that they think all 3 in front of them have a big ace rather than at least one of them having a big pair (mathematically very unlikely)...

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

You guys that are justifying the pocket dueces call have no clue....or are just giving OP a hard time. Final table and three people go all-in, you want to sit and watch these guys take each other out...no way you want to risk your position with dueces...SBR poker strategy at its best I guess.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

I tend to think this is actually a nice call..... I'd be hoping for what he exactly got - all of you to have A-whatever. The fact that you shove shows you are either A) trying to buy the pot B) trying to protect your own weak pair. He gambled and reaped the rewards.

Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

[quote=High3rEl3m3nt;14358446]You guys that are justifying the pocket dueces call have no clue....or are just giving OP a hard time. Final table and three people go all-in, you want to sit and watch these guys take each other out...no way you want to risk your position with dueces...SBR poker strategy at its best I guess.[/quote

there is no such thing as SBR poker strategy it fukin ridiculous, I have never seen so many people get unreal hand one after the other over and over and everyone else get shit shit and shit, then if someone goes all in with a shit hand against the much better the shit is almost always guranteed to catch here so on SBR there is no strategy it should be called Everymathandstatisticalprobabilitydoesno texist@sbr poker. cant beleive what you see almost better off just going all in on every hand odds the same as playing it as it should be played by counting outs etc... its just not going to help you.

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    You guys that are justifying the pocket dueces call have no clue....or are just giving OP a hard time. Final table and three people go all-in, you want to sit and watch these guys take each other out...no way you want to risk your position with dueces...SBR poker strategy at its best I guess.
    if you just want to move up the pay scale that exactly what you should do. a lot of players are very loose and only play for the win.

High3rEl3m3nt

If you don't hit trips, your hand is a loser, especially against this many callers. You're going to lose to any higher pair and on occasion, you'll lose even if you have the best hand and the board pairs. The chip leader was gambling, but his move created a ton more risk than potential reward-though he got lucky.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9740

how is that sick, thats weak and nothing

High3rEl3m3nt

Even if you want to win, you don't call with dueces because only two cards in the deck can help you and even then, with three people going all-in, you have to hope that they don't have a PP and hit trips too. It's easy to justify the move after all is said and done, but without him knowing what his opponents had, it was a horrendous poker move.

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Really depends on his stack. Would you still say its a horrendous poker move if the call was for less than 25% of his stack getting 3:1? Sure it was a gamble, but being the chip leader allows you to do just that.

The real horrendous poker move was the all in with AK. IF he just called the 3k, it probably would have been checked down. You know you're not a good poker player when you treat AK like Aces.

mynameismud

AK is anna kournikova...looks great but never wins.