ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

k13 -- check in and tell me again that the blues are the worst #1 seed

have fun if your kings have to come to scottrade

and yes i know theyre #2 right now, just reiterating what u said in mikes thread a few days ago..

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

I'm not a Kings fan but I would bet you 3000 points that the Blues won't win the Stanley Cup.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    I'm not a Kings fan but I would bet you 3000 points that the Blues won't win the Stanley Cup.

Obviously but they can win the west. hitchcock has the type of players that rule in his systems. no egos here.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Obviously but they can win the west. hitchcock has the type of players that rule in his systems. no egos here.
    I don't think they can even win the west, depends on the match ups.

If they get San Jose then Chicago/Detroit then Vancouver..........no way.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

maybe not but i can guarantee you that theyll be a sizeable favorite against any of their 1st round opponents and certainly not worthy of being labeled "worst #1(2) seed in history"

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

most likely phx in 1st round than det/nashville winner in 2nd round. that will def be the tough series for them

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

they will win 2 rounds. hitches teams are always way better conditioned than everyone else. watch and see bud.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    maybe not but i can guarantee you that theyll be a sizeable favorite against any of their 1st round opponents and certainly not worthy of being labeled "worst #1(2) seed in history"
    What's sizeable in your opinion? -300 or more?

k13

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    they will win 2 rounds. hitches teams are always way better conditioned than everyone else. watch and see bud.
    He did a great job with all these scrubs. Good thing they play in the west where there is no talent and scoring which makes every goalie look great. Won't work as well in the playoffs when you need to score timely goals to win.

Would love to take a bet on the winning 2 rounds prop. Can't wait for the playoffs.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

What's sizeable in your opinion? -300 or more?
    if they get phx or la -300 for series at least. they wont get dallas or colorado b/c vancouver wont lose to cgy and edmonton so the blues will be #2 and cant play 8.

sharks are hot so id say about -240 if they happen to sneak up to 7

i agree tho, cant wait for the playoffs. philly-pitt and detroit-nashville should be great battles.
    my upset is ottawa getting past boston

k13

if they get phx or la -300 for series at least. they wont get dallas or colorado b/c vancouver wont lose to cgy and edmonton so the blues will be #2 and cant play 8.

sharks are hot so id say about -240 if they happen to sneak up to 7

i agree tho, cant wait for the playoffs. philly-pitt and detroit-nashville should be great battles.
    my upset is ottawa getting past boston
    How about we make a friendly 50-100 point wager on either series line?

I take under -300 for phx/la and under -240 for SJ....... hope it's not phx as I'll probably lose this bet lol

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

nah i dont know what the lines will be but i just looked back at last years series lines and the highest was -240 (was vs nyr, det vs phx, and sj vs la) so its probably a bad bet for me.

this is from the site i was looking at:
    (8) N.Y. Rangers vs. Washington (1) – Capitals -240
    The Rangers were fortunate to make the playoffs at all but they do have Henrik Lundqvist in goal and he gives them a chance.

(7) Buffalo vs. Philadelphia (2) – Flyers -150
    The Flyers are not getting much respect as the #2 seed. Philadelphia did not play well down the stretch and the Sabres have the edge in goal.

(6) Montreal vs. Boston (3) – Bruins -210
    These two long-time rivals should battle tooth and nail but the Bruins have the home ice edge.

(5) Tampa Bay vs. Pittsburgh (4) – Penguins -185
    The Penguins likely won’t have Sidney Crosby so the offensive edge goes to the Lightning but the goaltending edge is with Pittsburgh.

Western Conference

(8) Chicago vs. Vancouver (1) – Canucks -230
    The defending Stanley Cup champs backed into the but they are still dangerous and the Canucks are unproven.

(7) Los Angeles vs. San Jose (2) – Sharks -240
    The Sharks could be the team to watch in the playoffs and they have almost all of the edges in this series against the Kings.

(6) Phoenix vs. Detroit (3) – Red Wings -240
    The Coyotes have the edge in goal but the Red Wings have experience and if they are healthy they have more scoring.

(5) Nashville vs. Anaheim (4) – Ducks -165
    The Predators get another chance to win a first round series and this may be their best opportunity.

k13

Just wanted to see if you were a sucker.

Lines will be low no matter who St Louis plays just nature of hockey.

Kind of curious what the highest line will be....maybe Bos/Ottawa???

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

nah i dont know what the lines will be but i just looked back at last years series lines and the highest was -240 (was vs nyr, det vs phx, and sj vs la) so its probably a bad bet for me.

this is from the site i was looking at:
    (8) N.Y. Rangers vs. Washington (1) – Capitals -240
    The Rangers were fortunate to make the playoffs at all but they do have Henrik Lundqvist in goal and he gives them a chance.

(7) Buffalo vs. Philadelphia (2) – Flyers -150
    The Flyers are not getting much respect as the #2 seed. Philadelphia did not play well down the stretch and the Sabres have the edge in goal.

(6) Montreal vs. Boston (3) – Bruins -210
    These two long-time rivals should battle tooth and nail but the Bruins have the home ice edge.

(5) Tampa Bay vs. Pittsburgh (4) – Penguins -185
    The Penguins likely won’t have Sidney Crosby so the offensive edge goes to the Lightning but the goaltending edge is with Pittsburgh.

Western Conference

(8) Chicago vs. Vancouver (1) – Canucks -230
    The defending Stanley Cup champs backed into the but they are still dangerous and the Canucks are unproven.

(7) Los Angeles vs. San Jose (2) – Sharks -240
    The Sharks could be the team to watch in the playoffs and they have almost all of the edges in this series against the Kings.

(6) Phoenix vs. Detroit (3) – Red Wings -240
    The Coyotes have the edge in goal but the Red Wings have experience and if they are healthy they have more scoring.

(5) Nashville vs. Anaheim (4) – Ducks -165
    The Predators get another chance to win a first round series and this may be their best opportunity.
    What site was this from?

k13

Blues get pounded again. Lost 7 out of the last 10 I think.

I guess they don't want that #1 seed.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Blues get pounded again. Lost 7 out of the last 10 I think.

I guess they don't want that #1 seed.
    vancouver tried to give it to them last night and we didnt want it. no excuse to lose to phx. looks like they might go with halak to start the playoffs seems like the elliot magic is gone.

and in their last 10 theyre 3-3-4 which is only 3 regulation losses out of 10 -- not bad. before those 10 they went 9-1-1. so in their last 21 games theyre 12-4-5. its just bad timing to not be getting these regulation wins.

ThaWoj
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    What site was this from?
    it got it from here covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=230198, tho i am not a member on that site and do not ever look at it. it just happened to come up on a google search

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

They can't score. Be tough getting out of second round against a hot Nashville or Detroit.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    They can't score. Be tough getting out of second round against a hot Nashville or Detroit.
    might even be tough getting out of the first round against phx, la, or sj

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Blues didn't want the pressure of a #1 seed I guess. This team has overachieved big time this year, don't see them getting outta the 2nd round, maybe not even the 1st if they draw the Sharks unless Halak/Elliot absolutely kill it.

ThinkingTrip
    ThinkingTrip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Would be fantastic to see the Blues drop out of first round. They are SO overrated. They won't survive 2nd round in the playoffs if they get pass round 1. They need players who can step up with it's needed. And they only have Jaroslak and Brian Elliot for that, and you can't just rely on goaltending in hockey. Blue's are one of the worst teams in the playoffs, that's my opinion. They don't have the same character and power like the other teams.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

big odds....wow.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Hitch did a great job with STL but I honestly see big problems for them even in the first round say against PHX.

k13

Kings had a lot of fun with the Blues.

remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

i can say that STL is actually really really good. If not matched up against LAK I think we could have seen some other good matches, they lose everything because elliott wasnt worth it as a playoffs goalie or just isn`t worth it at all, i unno