BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1955

Off to Wrigleyville for pre-game festivities

still believe its built on Indian burial grounds and Cubs will never win there until an exorcism is performed. Taking Phl-170 Lad-147 Det-141 3team parlay 100/360. Good luck to all.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

You going to the game or just going to bars around the stadium?

BOA12

yes Yahtzees murphys stop in i'll buy u a drink

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

BOA12 I am going to stay in town with friends, won't be near the park today. I am going April 25th though, mid week Cubs/Cards with a buddy of mine maybe we could meet up then. We usually go to that reggae club afterwards, no cover, and it's a blast.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

will the cubs be mathematically eliminated yet after the weekend?

sorry that was low but somebody had to do it

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Have a blast man!

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

heard team is cursed by a goat----love to see a game at wrigley some day.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

Pretty sure you already made a thread about it, probably true

Better get your digs in now though because in a few years (and after eliminating one more contract) the Cubs will be contenders again

And...when they do win...it will be the greatest party on Earth

milwaukee mike

no i didn't make a thread about it but that's a good idea

i actually never disliked the cubs (my mother grew up in waukegan as a huge cubs fan) until their fans started coming to miller park in the early 2000s acting like they own the place

how can you not dislike a fan base that comes to your stadium and yells "fukk the brewers" all the time, puts cubs jerseys on the robin yount statue, etc

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

LOL on the Robin Yount statue

Robin Yount once came to me in a dream, no lie.

I had a dream that I was in Milwaukee on the street at night and a limo pulled up to the curb and stopped.

The window rolled down and I looked in and it was Robin Yount. He was all afro'd out and wearing his 1982 retro uniform. A little bit like this, but more curly hair action going on.

He asked me to get in the limo and I did. We drove around a bit then ended up in some abandoned house on the second floor and that's when he asked me for a BJ.

I refused, and tried to get out of there. It was impossible though because he was much bigger then me and kept pushing me around. He took it out and it was massive, like 15" I screamed and woke up.

Christ.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters, and Roadtrip635

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

When Ramirez is hitting .140 in mid May and jogging to first, I won't have any sympathy for you now! There were also rumors that Ramirez and Zambrano were basically alienating all of the players in the locker room that weren't hispanic. Have fun with that piece of sewer garbage!

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    LOL on the Robin Yount statue

Robin Yount once came to me in a dream, no lie.

I had a dream that I was in Milwaukee on the street at night and a limo pulled up to the curb and stopped.

The window rolled down and I looked in and it was Robin Yount. He was all afro'd out and wearing his 1982 retro uniform. A little bit like this, but more curly hair action going on.

He asked me to get in the limo and I did. We drove around a bit then ended up in some abandoned house on the second floor and that's when he asked me for a BJ.

I refused, and tried to get out of there. It was impossible though because he was much bigger then me and kept pushing me around. He took it out and it was massive, like 15" I screamed and woke up.

Christ.

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOA12 I am going to stay in town with friends, won't be near the park today. I am going April 25th though, mid week Cubs/Cards with a buddy of mine maybe we could meet up then. We usually go to that reggae club afterwards, no cover, and it's a blast.
    I had no idea you're from Chicago, Cougar. Cheers bud. (Although I am a White Sox fan) I know exactly the reggae club you're talking about. Great time.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Nice B o a I wanted to go but am about to board a plane to Atlanta ... Have a great time man! I will be there Tuesday to see cubs- brewers

Opening day - nothing better
    Last edited by griz; 04-05-12 at 10:30 AM.

milwaukee mike

cougar that is one strange dream

we need a dream analyst to tell you what it means

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

cougar that is one strange dream

we need a dream analyst to tell you what it means
    I think it means the Brewers are gay and I like afros

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog View Post
    I had no idea you're from Chicago, Cougar. Cheers bud. (Although I am a White Sox fan) I know exactly the reggae club you're talking about. Great time.

What is it called, Rastas or something like that can't remember. Nights there are mostly a blur.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Live in SoCal.........big Dodgers fan, but have been to Wrigley a few times. I believe the reggae bar was called "Wild Hare" (or something like that)........I heard it closed though.

For those baseball fans that haven't been to Wrigley.................(and the surrounding bars).............it's a MUST!

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

awesome city...awesome area

went there a few years back for a long weekend....checked an interleague day game against the tigers on a saturday.....went to a spot called casey morans....place was packed and live at like 11 am....usa was playing italy i think in the world cup(or someone)...and the place was nuts....stayed hammered on old styles all day.......id love to go back to chi sometime soon....have fun

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9604

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    heard team is cursed by a goat----love to see a game at wrigley some day.

Hugely overrated stadium...a dump actually.
    98% of the Wrigley crowd could not name
    the Cub's starting line-up..Baseball posers.

Do yourself a favor...Go to Miami, Detroit, Milwaukee,
    New York ,Boston, L.A.
    San Francisco, Philly, Pitt, Balty, even Boston
    before that sewer on the Northside of Chicago.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Hugely overrated stadium...a dump actually.
    98% of the Wrigley crowd could not name
    the Cub's starting line-up..Baseball posers.

Do yourself a favor...Go to Miami, Detroit, Milwaukee,
    New York ,Boston, L.A.
    San Francisco, Philly, Pitt, Balty, even Boston
    before that sewer on the Northside of Chicago.
    This is actually completely false. I know, because I have been going to games there forever. It is true of the bleacher bums, to a degree. But the majority of Cubs fans know a LOT about their team, even if they suck.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9604

This is actually completely false. I know, because I have been going to games there forever. It is true of the bleacher bums, to a degree. But the majority of Cubs fans know a LOT about their team, even if they suck.

Bait...
    I stand corrected. I meant the bleacher bums.
    Bad experiences out there.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Bait...
    I stand corrected. I meant the bleacher bums.
    Bad experiences out there.
    Just saw a bleacher bum with his shirt off inspeting his nipple... I understand

milwaukee mike

and even diehard cub fans have to admit that waiting 20 minutes to whip your wiener out and pee in a trough is ridiculous

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Went to Wrigley several years ago. Cubs vs Giants, Sosa vs Bonds, Bonds hit a HR, Sammy hit 2 HRs that day, Harry Caray was still alive and the Cubs actually won the game. It was a glorious day! A buddy of mine from Chicago, actually made me promise to bring him 2 hot dogs from Wrigley back to Texas. I told him I was gonna be in Chicago 3 days and didn't know if the dogs would keep that long. He didn't care, he said he didn't care if I had to put them in a sock, just bring them back. When I got back, he devoured that first dog(didn't put it in a sock tho, had it wrapped in a plastic bag) and popped the second one in the microwave to heat it up. He loved them, I swear I think I saw a tear in the corner of his eye when he ate that second one.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cougar Bait

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    Went to Wrigley several years ago. Cubs vs Giants, Sosa vs Bonds, Bonds hit a HR, Sammy hit 2 HRs that day, Harry Caray was still alive and the Cubs actually won the game. It was a glorious day! A buddy of mine from Chicago, actually made me promise to bring him 2 hot dogs from Wrigley back to Texas. I told him I was gonna be in Chicago 3 days and didn't know if the dogs would keep that long. He didn't care, he said he didn't care if I had to put them in a sock, just bring them back. When I got back, he devoured that first dog(didn't put it in a sock tho, had it wrapped in a plastic bag) and popped the second one in the microwave to heat it up. He loved them, I swear I think I saw a tear in the corner of his eye when he ate that second one.
    and the food at Wrigley is the worst

Good food outside of the park though, pretty much anywhere you go, I suggest Goose Island Brewery.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

and the food at Wrigley is the worst

Good food outside of the park though, pretty much anywhere you go, I suggest Goose Island Brewery.
    I tried telling him that I could pick up a couple dogs right before I left for the airport on the way back and they'd be a little fresher, but he was adamant that they had to come from Wrigley and he'd know the difference.
    Drank Goose Island most of the time we were there, except for some Old Style at Wrigley and a bunch of different beers at some bar called House of Beer. I really liked Goose Island, good stuff.

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13781

info

Originally Posted by Cougar Bait

What is it called, Rastas or something like that can't remember. Nights there are mostly a blur.
    The Wild Hare-sorry to report it closed last May. Party time in there for many years with Red Stripe.
    Last edited by RITZ; 04-05-12 at 10:08 PM. Reason: add info

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by RITZ View Post
    Originally Posted by Cougar Bait

The Wild Hare-sorry to report it closed last May. Party time in there for many years with Red Stripe.
    I loved that place, too bad it closed. At least I got to let it all hang out there a few times, what a great place, Wrigleyville won't be the same without it.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

I love how people love to rip on the greatest field in the game. The feeling of being inside that ballpark is not measured in elbow room, or good concessions, or even good latrines. It's measured in the presence of being there. It is a living breathing thing, unlike anything else in sports.

Of course if you have never actually been there, you don't understand.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I was in Chicago last summer....Cubs weren't in town but I spent a half a day around Wrigleyville.....Place is fukkin awesome and I could only imagine what it's like for big games

Definitley my favorite part of the city

BOA12

will check this site aound the 25th and will meet up with u guys maybe even at tha game

BOA12

Love wrigley hate the cubs

converted to sox fan after 1969 collapse when the cubs one upped the1919 sox who threw the series by throwing the whole season and u find more blondes per square inch in the bleachers then any where in the world.