seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

How long before kentucky has to vacate this years banners?

Calipari is 2 for 2 in final four vacates at two different schools.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

He is @ a flagship program. NCAA usually lets those guys skate free.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's also a "horrible big game coach"?

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

9 months

Davis and kidd gilchrist both paid at least 100k to attend kentucky

Rose and tyreke both paid at least 100k to attend memphis

Zero chance rose and evans atend memhis without being paid big money

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

he has gone to final four at kentucky before with no vacate yet though

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Guy is a winner, you don't get this far this many times by accident

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

Idiots. Not Cals fault players took $$.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Guy is a winner, you don't get this far this many times by accident
    I think that cheating (if it occurs) is probably the furthest thing from an "accident."

RJBucs
    RJBucs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 337

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    He is @ a flagship program. NCAA usually lets those guys skate free.
    Indiana being the exception?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I feel that everyone is doin their fair share of "cheating". Then the ones not cheating are perennial losers.

Sans Butler, of course.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

I say this one doesn't get vacated

you can't get busted all the time

the odds say every now and then you have to get away with it

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I feel that everyone is doin their fair share of "cheating". Then the ones not cheating are perennial losers.

Sans Butler, of course.
    I don't think Izzo cheats either.

Or Coach K.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I don't think Izzo cheats either.

Or Coach K.
    They don't cheat and they don't get the players to be number 1 anymore either. The Godfather of 1 and dones trumps both the good guy legends.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Gonna be tough to catch them in the act. Maybe they get players the legit way????

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    Gonna be tough to catch them in the act. Maybe they get players the legit way????

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

The banner is on the clock.

Quagmire27
    Quagmire27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

who the **** cares, i'll never step foot in Kentucky, so long as tickets cash, whatever....

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Hard to say NCAA has had a ton of scandals recently, theyre not the governing body everyone hthinks they are as it has taken an outside sourse to expose most of it.

All depends on what guys from yahoo sports or some hungry 'investigative' reporter can dig up on what is going on there.

NCAA has never and will never do anything unless someone else makes it blatantly obvious what has gone on. Since most people have a hard on for the guy and he has a track record I say the chances of them finding something are 80%, whether or not it is enough and with enough 'evidence' to make the NCAA take action is hard to say. But if it is there ist wont take long to find it as I am sure people have been checking on these guys for quite awhile. Success breeds jealousy but it also breeds silence from people who might actually know something.

But I would say it would need to be a lot more than anything they have found on him in the past that he got killed for this time around.

slickwatts
    slickwatts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Cal did a good job this year coaching but I think some credit should also go to William Wesley. Without him there is no Kidd-Gilchrist to UK.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    I say this one doesn't get vacated

you can't get busted all the time

the odds say every now and then you have to get away with it

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

What I want to know is why cant kentucky hit their damn team total.. 41 first half points still cant hit 72 same with the game before looking like a easy cover they fall flat both times

polishkielbasa10

just an fyi for you clearly Jealous dolts...Coach Cal was never indicted or implicated on either of those 2 vacated final 4s. What he did with 3 frosh and 2 sophs is legendary...There is no Coach on the planet that could take a completely new team and win a title...thats a fact...so suck on it...Kentucky Atop where it Belongs

slickwatts

Quote Originally Posted by polishkielbasa10 View Post
    just an fyi for you clearly Jealous dolts...Coach Cal was never indicted or implicated on either of those 2 vacated final 4s. What he did with 3 frosh and 2 sophs is legendary...There is no Coach on the planet that could take a completely new team and win a title...thats a fact...so suck on it...Kentucky Atop where it Belongs
    No coach on the planet? Are you that naive or don't follow basketball much? Cal did a good job this year but there's probably 4-5 coaches that could've done the same thing given a Davis, Gilchrist, Jones and Teague. And saying he was never indicted is like saying Capone was never indicted which he wasn't. I don't even recall Eddie Sutton being implicated and the world knows what was going on in Lexington at that time. The thing is he was captain of the ship when the ship went down and the captain is somewhat responsible. I know it's easy to look the other way when your team is winning especially when others are ragging on them but still let's not be naive about basketball.
    Last edited by slickwatts; 04-03-12 at 10:30 AM.

polishkielbasa10

Yes, no coach on the Planet..cause no other coach could get those recruits. He's the best recruiter by a landslide. And not to mention, he wasn't even Implicated on any of the NCAA investigations...Unlike your Capone, who was in fact jailed. Guys a winner everywhere he goes, and will only continue to get better...Suck it

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cal has the players
    He is a great recruiter thats all
    He should of won way more titles which makes him a poor game day coach

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Hard to give Calipari much credit when you consider that he fled his last two programs as the NCAA was coming down on them, leaving them with no FF appearance.

In Memphis, there were actually two different violations, and either one on its own would've been enough to have the whole season tossed.

Great recruiter, doesn't play by the rules.

wantitall4moi

LMAO there is a common theme here...'great recruiter'. Hmm wonder why that is? Probably because he is willing to pay these kids the most to come to his program.

As far as coaches go who do you think (normal) kids would rather play for....Kryzewski, Williams, Izzo, maybe even Pitino, or Calipari. Who up until yesterday hadnt done shit that wasnt completely erased.

Any recruit that would chose calipari over any of probably a dozen other coaches are most definitely getting paid to do so. And probably dont care to much about college image or success they just want the best place to get the most exposure to help them make money when they go pro.

polishkielbasa10

Yes, Umass was a national powerhouse before Cal got there, as was Memphis..Grow up boys. Big game coach? put it to rest, he's one of the best in the game, at the best program in the game...nothing but success. Stop the ridiculous hate cause that's what jealous people and winners get...hate and outcries of cheating

wantitall4moi

Yes, Umass was a national powerhouse before Cal got there, as was Memphis..Grow up boys. Big game coach? put it to rest, he's one of the best in the game, at the best program in the game...nothing but success. Stop the ridiculous hate cause that's what jealous people and winners get...hate and outcries of cheating
    Cal St Northridge could the same thing, or ANy school willing to pay guys to play, he is the common denominator not because he can coach but he is more willing to pay guys at least not worry about being caufght paying players than most coaches are. obviously a lot of programs pay guys he just care less about getting caugght since he has been caught twice. Odds of him being implicated at Kent are very high but the profile of the scholl will require a lot more convincing stuff to make the NCAA come down hard on him.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Maybe he can go to the NBA again and show what a great coach he is.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TehSharp

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

dont be jealous bro. mods saloon this please. this is not players talk worthy

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Cal is who he is today because of Marcus Camby and Derrick Rose. Case closed. He should be paying them until the day he dies. He did not have a single Big name school trying to get him until Rose took over in the 2008 tourney and became the best player in the country versus the 3rd or 4th best player on the Memphis team.

slickwatts

Yes, no coach on the Planet..cause no other coach could get those recruits. He's the best recruiter by a landslide. And not to mention, he wasn't even Implicated on any of the NCAA investigations...Unlike your Capone, who was in fact jailed. Guys a winner everywhere he goes, and will only continue to get better...Suck it
    Best recruiter suddenly out of nowhere? Do you not know the fact that he didn't become a great recruiter until he solidified his relationship with Wesley? Grow up with the childish remarks. Ask the people in Memphis what they think about how awesome of a recruiter he was and they'll link you back to Fed-Ex and Wes. Don't get involved with a discussion you know nothing about and save your child like rants for someone who gives a damn. Capone did time for tax evasion not for the many other crimes he committed. The attitude of fans when they win is very amusing. I don't know how old you are but I could assume that I was going to UK basketball games before you were born. Even went to the 1978 semifinals vs Michigan St in Dayton, OH. I know how a majority of players were recruited from Rex to Rondo to Gilchrist. Spent time in a bar talking with Dicky Beal, Minnifield, Derek Anderson etc. Not everyone is there because they so love the Wildcats and the coach believe that. The recruiting game has evolved beyond Emery air payments from UK assistants like Dwayne Casey to the front door of recruits. Papers trails are harder to come by now. EOD

And here is that awesome recruiter right below being hugged by the UK players. If you don't know who he is or his history with coaches, players and Nike then I have no further discussion. Thanks. Peace out.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-12-15 at 12:15 PM. Reason: image does not exist

nate turner
    Update your status
    nate turner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slickwatts View Post
    Cal did a good job this year coaching but I think some credit should also go to William Wesley. Without him there is no Kidd-Gilchrist to UK.
    he's a black male so he will not receive any credit,especially on here so move on

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says
    TehSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

When Cal leaves for another failed stint in the NBA, UK will then be accused and found guilty of multiple recruiting violations. Yes, Cal wasn't found guilty of anything at UMass and Memphis, but I guaran-damn-tee he had something to do with it. The man is a sleezy cheater, what better place then the inbred capitol of the world Lexington, Ky for him?

12 Last