hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

you surrendur at last!

I thought i was done. but im not.

You are like all poor debators. Once you lose an argument, you resort to personal attacks and abandon the debate.

Just to sum up your arguments:

You argued that Bryzgalov was "BY FAR THE BEST GOALIE IN NHL PAST MONTH AND IT ISNT EVEN CLOSE'"... even though his save % that month was .943 and there were a few guys with higher save %, including Brian Elliott's .974 and Cory Schneider .954.

So his .943 save % is "BY FAR" better than goalie's with a .954 and .974 save %? and its not even close? which number is higher? .974 or .943? did you even pass the first grade? Do you know how to count? Why is my save % stat wrong?

Look them up. Here. i found them on http://nhl.com and http://espn.com.
    Your posts get dumber and dumber every time you post.

First of all, surrender is spelled s-u-r-r-e-n-d-e-r. No u involved.

Secondly, Bryz was NHL Player Of The Week for two consecutive weeks in the month of march. No one else was even close and certainly no other goaltender. He posted 4 shutouts in 5 games. There was no better goalie in the league in that month and there's no better one now.

Then you argue that a player wins a fight when he gets wrestled to ground after landing only 1 punch when his opponent landed 15.

Then you argue that flyers are better than rangers and bruins, even though they are 0-7 against rangers and 1-7 against bruins in L15.

1-15? really?
    You can't read properly can you? When did I argue that Shelley won the fight? If you had a decent reading comprehension skill set you would have seen that I conceded that Chara got the decision but it wasn't one-sided.

If you think it was one-sided then explain why Chara bailed out on him at the first opportunity.

Also, we were 4-2 vs. the rangers last season.

you blame all that on injuries? injuries can account for a couple of losses, sure. But you think those 14 losses were all because of pronger? You cant attribute all 14 of those losses to a single player. Especially not an offensive player. A player isnt even on the ice more than 25 minutes a a game. So when you GOT BLOWN OUT 6-0 AT HOME to the bruins in december...all 6 of those goals were bc u didnt have pronger? News flash, buddy. losing 1 defenseman shouldn't make you go 0-14 against teams you are better than.
    Reading comprehension skills are a good thing to have. When did I say that all the losses can be blamed on not having Pronger? Was losing Pronger a factor in some of them? Absolutely. He's a hall of fame player.

Part of those losses goes back to last year. I already stated why we lost last year. It was bad goaltending. This year, it's injuries and the fact that Bryz needed time to adjust after going through a rough start.

Yes we lost 6-0 at home. We also beat boston 2-1 in their place in the beginning of the season when everyone was healthy.

You cannot argue that a 1-15 team is better than a 15-1 team.

Then you say anyone who thinks the 15-1 teams are better than the 1-15 teams are "smoking crack".
    When did I say that 1-15 team is better than a 15-1 team? Learn to read properly nitwit.

Then you say that anyone who thinks the number .943 isn't higher than .974 are "crack smokers" "nitwits" and "fuking idiots" and "clueless". You say that .943 is "BY FAR" higher than .974 and "ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE". Gee.... My math teacher in the Engineering school sure would beg to differ.

You offer no insight or legitimate defense for your points. you just resort to personal attacks because you realize your arguments have no validity.
    Idiot. The NHL itself already decided that Bryz was the best player in the month of march. that's why he won conecutive player of the week awards. If there was someone playing better then he wouldn't have won would he?

And talk about offering no legitimate defense for points made. You take the cake. I've seen some of the DUMBEST posts from you I've ever seen anywhere. Let's see some of your gems....

Shawn Thornton is the toughest guy in the league.
    Flyers take too many stupid penalties (even though penalties haven't been a problem)
    Chara beat the living shit out of Shelley (even though Chara bailed outon Shelley)
    Carcillo is tougher than Simmonds
    Fighting is a factor in the playoffs
    The Flyers have no one to fight the bruins

That's just some of the ridiculous things you've said.

So a team is better than teams it's 1-15 against? WOW. Tough to argue that when two teams beat the piss out of you, blow you out at home 6-0, and are 15-1 against you that they aren't better.
    Again we went 4-2 vs the rangers last season. We are 1-3 vs boston this year including 2 games that went to a shootout and when we weren't healthy and Bryz wasn't in form.

FLYERS ARE 1-AND-DONE! Just like the 76ers! Just like the Phillies! Just like the "Dream Team" Eagles! Oh wait... "The Dream Team" didnt even make the playoffs.
    [/QUOTE]

Flyers are going to be scary once fully healthy. If I were boston, the rangers, or shitsburgh I'd be very nervous right now.

Sixers are ok, they'll be in the playoffs. Eagles are up in the air. Phillies should be fine.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    As a diehard flyers fan all of my life. most of you guys were not even born when i donned my flyers cap i still say the pens beat us in round 1.
    Agreed.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Flyers fans are exactly like their team. They never stop fighting, but somehow they always lose. See you in the playoffs.

[/thread]
    Last edited by PuckIt; 04-02-12 at 09:25 AM.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    Flyers fans are exactly like their team. They never stop fighting, but somehow they always lose. See you in the playoffs.

[/thread]
    We always lose?

Then what the fukk were the penguins for the first 35 years of their existence?

you shitsburgh fans wish you had our winning tradition.

fukk off and can't wait until we bounce you out of the playoffs.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

[/thread]
    Remember when the pens were supposed to move to Kansas City?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Remember when the pens were supposed to move to Kansas City?
    Exactly. They didn't even care about them in shitsburgh. Then they lost on purpose to move up in the draft to get Crosby.

Fukk them.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    We always lose?

Then what the fukk were the penguins for the first 35 years of their existence?

you shitsburgh fans wish you had our winning tradition.

fukk off and can't wait until we bounce you out of the playoffs.
    Winning Stanley Cups.

Philly Losing 6 of 8.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Winning Stanley Cups.

Philly Losing 6 of 8.

The fact that we played for it 8 times is indicative of a great winning tradition.

How many expansion era teams can say they played that many times for the Cup?

Can shitsburgh?

k13

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingTrip View Post
    Whoever wins will get pound in the second round *gg
    By who?

All the other teams are nothing special.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

By who?

All the other teams are nothing special.
    Exactly right.

k13

The fact that we played for it 8 times is indicative of a great winning tradition.

Can shitsburgh?
    Kind of like the Buffalo Bills?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

When did Buffalo actually win it?

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Can shitsburgh?
    This has been my argument all along and you clearly recognize it because all of your stats that you reference never seem to include the cup.

The Flyers are classic choke artists. Anyone who prides themselves in their ability to be the first place loser needs to raise their expectations.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

This has been my argument all along and you clearly recognize it because all of your stats that you reference never seem to include the cup.

The Flyers are classic choke artists. Anyone who prides themselves in their ability to be the first place loser needs to raise their expectations.
    Says a fan of a team whose all-time winning percentage is below .500 and whose organization was going to move out of town.

Tell me, genius, who were the choke artists for all of the years the Flyers were winning the division and the pens were in last place bottom feeding?

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Tell me, genius, who were the choke artists for all of the years the Flyers were winning the division and the pens were in last place bottom feeding?
    Another set of stats disregarding the cup, thanks!

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Another set of stats disregarding the cup, thanks!
    How many times have the pens played for the Cup, genius?

BTW the Flyers just recorded yet another 100 point season yesterday after beating shitsburgh. The 19th time they've done so. It happens to be the most 100 point seasons for any franchise in the history of the NHL.

Tradition.

Something Shitsburgh dosen't have a clue about.

t-wizzle

Any team that prides itself on being the biggest loser for 3 straight seasons so they can get the top draft pick needs to re-evaluate themselves.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

no point arguing this.

this series will be a toss up. could easily go either way. will most likely be 7 game series.

still, fukk the penguins

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Closer to the Atlanta Braves
    Last edited by muldoon; 04-02-12 at 03:02 PM.

hockey216

the NHL voted Bryz player of the month? No. some commentator with a journalism degree on nhl.com voted him player of the week. wow. 2 weeks in a row. wow. big deal. Everybody in the league wins "player of the week" at somepoint in their career. Wow. the guy played good for two weeks. big deal. he sucked balls the whole first 3 months. he played good for 2 weeks. Big whoop. He played good for a couple weeks. Wow! Not like he's best goalie in NHL. Who cares what some commentator or writer on nhl.com's opinion is? you act like everyone in the whole world all agreed 100% that bryzgalov is "By Far better than Elliott" and "its not even close". Elliott has been lights out all year and has been better than Bryz ALL YEAR.

Elliott - .943 sv% , 1.48 GAA, .657 win% (including OT)
    Bryz - .910 save %, 2.46 GAA, .592 win%
    (including OT)

Wow... seems like Elliott wins in all categories. And he also played better in March, recording 3 consecutive shutouts, a .974 save % versus Bryz' .943. And yes, since you seem unable to demonstrate kindergarten math skills, .974 IS HIGHER than .943.

Just because one editor at nhl.com has an opinion doesnt mean anything.

You still have no answer for the stats. Elliott's save % in March was .974 (had 3 shutouts in a row too). Bryz' was .943. Which number is higher, .974 or .943? Do you know how to count? How is .943 "BY FAR" better than .974?

".943 IS SO MUCH HIGHER THAN .974 AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE"?

How is .974 not higher than .943?

Do you know how to add?

.974 is higher than .943. Do you know how high of a save % .974 is? you dont think that means anything? You don't think a .974 save % is worth noting? you think Bryz' is "so much better than him" that its not even close? Really? Stats say otherwise.

they voted him player of the week for only 2 weeks. He is not the best goalie in the nhl. calm the fuk down. Everybody in the league wins a "player of the week" opinion of some media commentator at some point in their career. That doesn't mean they are better than wayne gretzky just bc they got 2 player of week awards. big whoop.

Bryzgalov is not the best goalie in the nhl. period.
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-02-12 at 04:03 PM.

hockey216

FLYERS ARE ONE-AND-DONE. Just like the 76ers. Just like the Phillies. Just like the "Dream Team" Eagles.... oh wait... your "Dream Team" couldnt even make the fuking playoffs

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM

hockey216 i do not appreciate your comments pal.

hockey216

@phillyflyers

So, the Flyers are 1-15 against BOS and NYR... all of that is injuries and Bryz' not finding his groove? It can't be remotely possible that teams are better than you when they beat you 15-times-to-1? When you're getting blown out at home 6-0, and are 1-15 against 2 teams... you have to accept that they are better than you. You can't blame that on one player, especially not a defenseman. barring terrible performances in net and save %'s in the 70's or low 80's,you cant blame that on goaltending situation either, especially if you have the "best goalie in nhl 'by far'" and the "player of the week"

When you get blown out at home, get beat that badly, that consistenly, go 1-15, you have to acknowledge inferiority. Excuses just dont cut it. I'm sorry. I understand you are a flyers fan. but still, try to have a brain and analyze objectively. 1-15? you think that was all just because pronger/Bryz not finding groove?

I analyzed the probability of going 1-15 against teams you are better than using a discrete probability mass function. Of course, this forecasting method might need some minor tweaks due to binomial distributions constant probability and constant variance assumptions. But if there is an overwhelmingly obvious result through a binomial setting, i think it can generally show whats going on as a whole.The probability of going 1-15 against two teams you are better than is less than 0.001. That means over 99.9% of the time, if you are better than a team, you will get more than 1 win in 16 trials. The probability was so small, the calculator assigned it Probability=0, Which is a pretty big statement, comparing it to being almost impossible. Of course there is some probability of the occurance, but it is infinitely small. I calculated it using the probability of flyers winning at .5, the lowest estimate of them being better. So, even if the flyers are only equally as good as bruins/rangers... the probability of them going 1-15 is still less than 0.001. If they are better than the rangers/bruins, the probability is even smaller. Winning only 1 time in 16 games against teams you are better than has a probability approx = 0.

so if as statisticians we are doing hypothesis testing...

with null hypothesis Ho: Flyers better than bruins/rangers
    and althernative Ho: flyers are worse than bruins rangers.

And we reject the null hypothesis only when we have evidence so strong that we are 99.9% confident that flyers are worse than bruins/rangers...

the hypothesis test would still reject the null hypothesis in favor of accepting the alternative hypothesis: flyers worse than bruins/rangers.

This means we reject the hypothesis that the flyers are better than the bruins/rangers. The probability is just so infinitely small that it's not practical, and highly innacurate, given the data, to suggest that the flyers are better when the data shows with over 99.9% confidence that the flyers are worse. The probability of going 1-15 against a team you're better than, just by random chance, is so small that the evidence is overwhelming that flyers are worse than bruins/rangers. We have to accept the alternative hypothesis (flyers worse than bruins/rangers) because the evidence is so strong that we are over 99.9% confident in the result.
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-02-12 at 04:15 PM.

t-wizzle

This idiot hockey216 thinks people are going to read his long-winded bullshit. I stopped reading after he used the word "wow" like five times in one paragraph.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM

hockey219 has no sex. that is why he types us fukkin research papers as responses

hey hockey27 go fukk a prosty and relax man

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Haha, Laviolette fined $10k for his childish actions during the pens brawl. Pay up suckers.

t-wizzle

Haha, Laviolette fined $10k for his childish actions during the pens brawl. Pay up suckers.
    Lol that's chump change. I love how this idiot thinks the money went to the Pens or something

He obviously did it because it shows the players that he has their back.

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Yeah he probably deserved it but that Pens coach got fined 2.5k. League is aalways in favor of the pens.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    the NHL voted Bryz player of the month? No. some commentator with a journalism degree on nhl.com voted him player of the week. wow. 2 weeks in a row. wow. big deal. Everybody in the league wins "player of the week" at somepoint in their career. Wow. the guy played good for two weeks. big deal. he sucked balls the whole first 3 months. he played good for 2 weeks. Big whoop. He played good for a couple weeks. Wow! Not like he's best goalie in NHL. Who cares what some commentator or writer on nhl.com's opinion is? you act like everyone in the whole world all agreed 100% that bryzgalov is "By Far better than Elliott" and "its not even close". Elliott has been lights out all year and has been better than Bryz ALL YEAR.

(including OT)

Wow... seems like Elliott wins in all categories. And he also played better in March, recording 3 consecutive shutouts, a .974 save % versus Bryz' .943. And yes, since you seem unable to demonstrate kindergarten math skills, .974 IS HIGHER than .943.

Just because one editor at nhl.com has an opinion doesnt mean anything.

You still have no answer for the stats. Elliott's save % in March was .974 (had 3 shutouts in a row too). Bryz' was .943. Which number is higher, .974 or .943? Do you know how to count? How is .943 "BY FAR" better than .974?

".943 IS SO MUCH HIGHER THAN .974 AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE"?

How is .974 not higher than .943?

Do you know how to add?

.974 is higher than .943. Do you know how high of a save % .974 is? you dont think that means anything? You don't think a .974 save % is worth noting? you think Bryz' is "so much better than him" that its not even close? Really? Stats say otherwise.

they voted him player of the week for only 2 weeks. He is not the best goalie in the nhl. calm the fuk down. Everybody in the league wins a "player of the week" opinion of some media commentator at some point in their career. That doesn't mean they are better than wayne gretzky just bc they got 2 player of week awards. big whoop.

Bryzgalov is not the best goalie in the nhl. period.

"Flyers Bryzgalov Earns First Star For March"

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...vid=nhl-search

Is there anything else you want to say you fukking nitwit?

hockey216

calling someone a "nitwit" doesnt make your argument stronger. Just becuase he won "star of the month" doesnt mean anything. that was my whole point. Some commentator voted him that. big deal. Not like its the Vezina trophy. or the Conn Smythe.

All you are saying is "yes i know all the stats show bryz is worse than elliott, but he was voted star of month!"

Who cares? address how good he is from the stats. The stats show Elliott in all categories. Who cares what some commentator with a journalist degree voted him as? why is some jounalist's opinion more important than the stats? Often times, journalists disagree with other journalists. just just because a journalist has an opinion doesnt mean that he can't be wrong. Stats are important. If you are going to say that stats are not important, than there is no sense debating with you.

(including OT)

Elliott wins in all categories. What some journalist's opinion at NHL.com is means nothing. Stats speak for themself

Also address how the probability of going 1-15 against teams you are better than is less than .001. Meaning they are not as good as bruins and rangers. Read the statistical analysis.

So, 99.9% of time i am right. 0.1% of time you are right.

Can you actually try debating this time by making valid points, or are you just going to continue conceding that Elliott has been consistently better all year, and continue saying, "uhhh yea the stats show bryz is worse than elliott but he is better just because some journalist says so! and you are a nitwit! so even if my points make no sense and i am losing the debate.... by calling you a cracksmoker and nitwit, i must be right!"
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-03-12 at 05:39 PM.

hockey216

@griz

i just did. just had an orgy with 5 of them. PhillyFlyer's mom even joined in the fun. she was delicious.

hockey216

Flyers are One-And-Done. Just like 76ers. Just like Phillies. Just like the "Dream Team" Eagles. Oh wait, the "Dream Team" didn't even make the playoffs.

First 1234567 Last