PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Guinser View Post
    ill bump this thread after the first round series. and will be looking forward to the 'well at least you guys will suck in 10 years and we have a great win % all time!' comments.
    shit, i'll bump this thread after the 1st round. when shitsburgh loses in the 1st round, what excuses are you going to come up with?

you will have been bounced from the playoffs by us (yet again) and still be behind us in winning percentage.

and division titles

and conference championships

and head to head matches

and head to head matches in the playoffs.....

yeah

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Hartnell is the man. Look at this dudes +/- this season, unreal.

Not sure who to play in this series, but it will be a hell of a battle.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

I would have sent crosby headfirst into the boards today

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

flyers take too many stupid fuking penalties that cost them. you cant win the stanley cup when you are playing shorthanded the whole game. Not to mention they aren't as tough as they like to think they are.

Nobody on the flyers can fight Lucic, Chara, or Shawn Thornton. McQuaid is tough too.

And the Flyers are not the best team in the NHL. They are not even best team in the east. They are not even top 3 in the east. and although their goalie is playing good now, i wouldnt trust him over some of the other top goalies come playoff time.

they won 1 game against pittsburgh. whoopdie-do. They are not going to beat pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Flyers are not as good as NYR, BOS, or PIT.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    shit, i'll bump this thread after the 1st round. when shitsburgh loses in the 1st round, what excuses are you going to come up with?

you will have been bounced from the playoffs by us (yet again) and still be behind us in winning percentage.

and division titles

and conference championships

and head to head matches

and head to head matches in the playoffs.....

yeah
    What happened 20 and 40 years ago has no effect on what will happen this year. It doesnt matter how many times flyers won in 1975. that was 40 years ago, and it wont help them win this year one bit.

If the flyers want to win in the playoffs, they need to stop taking too many stupid fuking penalties.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    flyers take too many stupid fuking penalties that cost them. you cant win the stanley cup when you are playing shorthanded the whole game. Not to mention they aren't as tough as they like to think they are.

Nobody on the flyers can fight Lucic, Chara, or Shawn Thornton. McQuaid is tough too.

And the Flyers are not the best team in the NHL. They are not even best team in the east. They are not even top 3 in the east. and although their goalie is playing good now, i wouldnt trust him over some of the other top goalies come playoff time.

they won 1 game against pittsburgh. whoopdie-do. They are not going to beat pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Flyers are not as good as NYR, BOS, or PIT.
    Penalties have been controlled for the most part lately.

Sestito can fight Lucic, Chara bear hugged Shelley and dragged him to the ice last time they fought because he didn;t want to go toe to toe, wayne simmonds would be shawn thronton's head to a pulp, and pavel kubina would completely own mcquaid.

We are 4-1 vs shitsburgh this season.

We are, right now, the best team in the east along with the rangers.

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

I'm done arguing with everyone on here. We will see who the better team is in the next couple weeks.

hockey216

Flyers are 1-7 against the bruins in their last 8 games. Flyers are 0-7 against the Rangers in last 7 games.

That's a combined 1-15. tough to argue that you are better than two teams when you go 1-15 against them.

chara wrestled Shelley down after he beat the living sh*t out of him and outpunched him like 20-1.

hockey216

Lucic v. sestito was a little more evenly matched, but Lucic definitely had the upper hand. Lucic is one of the toughest guys in the league. Not even a question.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Flyers are 1-7 against the bruins in their last 8 games. Flyers are 0-7 against the Rangers in last 7 games.

That's a combined 1-15. tough to argue that you are better than two teams when you go 1-15 against them.

chara wrestled Shelley down after he beat the living sh*t out of him and outpunched him like 20-1.

Chara didn't beat the living shit out of Shelley. He wrestled him to the ice because he didn't want to fight any more. He does the same thing with every guy who he knows can beat him.

Look at all of his fights with Laraque. Look at his fight with Brashear. He never gives a fair one with guys that can beat him.

The rangers and bruins beat us when we were suffering through all kinds of injuries and when Bryzgalov still hadn't yet found himself.

It's a different story now.

Fully healthy, the Flyers are better than anyone in the East.

No way Boston is repeating this year.

hockey216

and wayne simmonds would not beat thonrton to a pulp. Shawn thornton is probably the toughest guy in the league. Rarely we see a bout where he doesnt have the upper hand. And he has fought a lot of the toughest guys. Thornton is definitely top 5, but i'd say hes definitely Top 3, if not the #1 toughest fighter in the league.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

and wayne simmonds would not beat thonrton to a pulp. Shawn thornton is probably the toughest guy in the league. Rarely we see a bout where he doesnt have the upper hand. And he has fought a lot of the toughest guys. Thornton is definitely top 5, but i'd say hes definitely Top 3, if not the #1 toughest fighter in the league.
    I suggest you put down the crack pipe. You can't be serious with this post. Thornton the toughest guy in the league?

Dan Carcillo beat Shawn Thorton throughly. Wayne Simmonds might end his life.

At least try to have some objectivity and not be such a homer when you post.

hockey216

bruins would have a legitimate shot if they hadnt lost Horton. He's their top scorer. Or, with the emergence of marchand/seguin, top 3 scorer. thats a really big loss. The 1st line just hasnt been the same. Krejci is too streaky and goes through cold stretches. Horton was averaging almost a point a game in last years playoffs. Think it was like 18 pts in 20 games or something. And he had both the game 7 winners for the bruins vs mont. and TB. also had another OT goal in playoffs last year. Horton is a huge loss. bigger than most fans will admit. Dont forget how the bruins couldnt score for their life two years ago.. then when they brought horton everything seemed to be solved.

yes chara wrestled him down at the end... but the fight was so one-sided it didnt matter. There's no evidence to suggest Shelley could have beaten chara, because for 10-15 seconds straight he got punched in the face 20 times and hardly hit chara even once. All the evidence from the fight shows that Shelley got his ass whooped. Yes fight was terminated early. But you think it was an even fight before that? come on, man.

suffering through all kinds of injuries? you blame all 15 of those losses on injuries? I'm sure bruins and rangers had a few guys banged up during some of those games as well. These games are from end of last year until now. You blame all 15 of those losses on injuries?

So, if the flyers lose in 1st round... what's it going to be?

"Oooh well the flyers were just injured. they were so banged up but they are still the best team. bryzgalov had a tough time finding himself, pronger has been out." blah blah.

Even when they are healthy the flyers wont win. they take too many stupid fuking penalties. It's the same story every year. Literally. every single year its the same story. Maybe they have cleaned up the penalties for the last month. maybe they havent. who cares? i dont think they will sustain it. this is a team that plays dirty every single year. i doubt they'll go the whole playoffs without losing their discipline in some key games late in a series. If you play a team with a hot PP, taking penalties will KILL you. you cant beat the other team if you cant even beat yourself. You cant win the stanley cup playing 4-5 the whole game. Until they get disciplined they will never have a shot.

And i'm not sold on bryzgalov yet. he is good goalie, but he is also 33rd in the nhl in save % this year. he is always going to be the inferior goalie in the matchups this playoffs. Thomas, lundqvist, luongo/schneider, howard, rinne, elliott, quick are all better.

hockey216

crack pipe?

Carcillo is a tough customer and tougher than simmonds. and that was one fight. and it was much less severe than the beating chara gave to shelley. It was one fight. who cares? When you are as tough as thornton is, you can lose one fight and it doesnt mean anything. he has beaten the sh*t out of every player in the leage all year long for his whole career. he lost one fight against carcillo. so what?

You think that fight was less evenly matched than Chara-Shelley?

hockey216

im not objective? I'm on a crack pipe?

you are the guy saying that a team is better than two teams when their record is 1-15 against them.

1-15? you could argue that a game is a fluke if it was only a couple times... like 2 or 3.

but 1-15?

and you think im on crack?

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

blah, blah, blah...wtf's the sense of arguing tough guys? its playoff time and nobdy drops the gloves. phuckin sux if u ask me.
    i enjoyed watching coach up on the boards today. good to see
    bryz is a bust all year then gets hot and breaks his foot. typical flyers fashion-kinda like the late period penalty thing they've developed.
    gonna be an interesting end to the season.

hockey216

Flyers are 1-15 against bruins/rangers in last 8/last7.

1-15.

thats pretty lopsided. It's not even close.

you can't argue flyers are better than teams they are 1-15 against.

im sorry.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

ottawa philly 2nd round would be great

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

chara didn't land a single punch you fukkin idiot

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

[QUOTE=hockey216;14322588]
    yes chara wrestled him down at the end... but the fight was so one-sided it didnt matter. There's no evidence to suggest Shelley could have beaten chara, because for 10-15 seconds straight he got punched in the face 20 times and hardly hit chara even once. All the evidence from the fight shows that Shelley got his ass whooped. Yes fight was terminated early. But you think it was an even fight before that? come on, man.
    Don't know what fight you were watching but the Shelley/Chara fight was not totally one-sided. Chara may have got the decision but it was not one-sided and it was Chara who bailed out by wrestling Shelley to the ice.

suffering through all kinds of injuries? you blame all 15 of those losses on injuries? I'm sure bruins and rangers had a few guys banged up during some of those games as well. These games are from end of last year until now. You blame all 15 of those losses on injuries?

So, if the flyers lose in 1st round... what's it going to be?

"Oooh well the flyers were just injured. they were so banged up but they are still the best team. bryzgalov had a tough time finding himself, pronger has been out." blah blah.
    This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen. It's ignorant in ways that hard to imagine.

The Flyers lost last year because of horrible goaltending. They lost this year because of injuries and the fact that Bryz needed time to find himself and adjust to playing here.

Chris Pronger is one of the greatest defensemen to ever play the game. How many teams can lose their hall of fame defenseman through injury and recover in the same season?

Even when they are healthy the flyers wont win. they take too many stupid fuking penalties. It's the same story every year. Literally. every single year its the same story. Maybe they have cleaned up the penalties for the last month. maybe they havent. who cares? i dont think they will sustain it. this is a team that plays dirty every single year. i doubt they'll go the whole playoffs without losing their discipline in some key games late in a series. If you play a team with a hot PP, taking penalties will KILL you. you cant beat the other team if you cant even beat yourself. You cant win the stanley cup playing 4-5 the whole game. Until they get disciplined they will never have a shot.
    I've already said that penalties as of late have been under control. Don't know why you're not comprehending that.

And i'm not sold on bryzgalov yet. he is good goalie, but he is also 33rd in the nhl in save % this year. he is always going to be the inferior goalie in the matchups this playoffs. Thomas, lundqvist, luongo/schneider, howard, rinne, elliott, quick are all better.

His save % was hurt by his play earlier in the season and the fact that the defense was struggling without Pronger.

Over the last month he's been the best goalie in the league and it's not even close.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Rearloaded also loves to watch ass poundings

Must be a philly thing

hockey216

@paranoyd

hes he did. Camera angle wasnt best, but he landed like 10 left jabs to the chin. also landed a couple body shots and several straight rights to the head.

you didnt see 1 punch land?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

crack pipe?

Carcillo is a tough customer and tougher than simmonds. and that was one fight. and it was much less severe than the beating chara gave to shelley. It was one fight. who cares? When you are as tough as thornton is, you can lose one fight and it doesnt mean anything. he has beaten the sh*t out of every player in the leage all year long for his whole career. he lost one fight against carcillo. so what?

You think that fight was less evenly matched than Chara-Shelley?
    I can't believe some of the shit you're saying. You can't be for real.

Carcillo is tough but Simmonds would kill him in a fight. Chara did not give Shelley a severe beating don't know what the fukk you're watching.

Thornton has not beaten everyone in the league you fukkin idiot.

Are you trolling because you can;t be fukkin serious.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

@paranoyd

hes he did. Camera angle wasnt best, but he landed like 10 left jabs to the chin. also landed a couple body shots and several straight rights to the head.

you didnt see 1 punch land?
    Shelley landed just as many of those jabs and threw the only big punch that actually connected.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Sickening that Crosby gets the lumber in the back. I would have hopped the boards and broken my hands on buddyboys face-whoever it was. Absolutely sickening. NHL tries to bring in modern rules, etc but the reality is you need your Semenko to keep jagoffs in line.

hockey216

lol. ooh boy. watch the shelley/chara fight. How many punches does shelley land? how many does chara land? Yes chara wrestled him down. But before that, when punches were being exchanged during the duration of the fight, Shelley landed 0-1, chara landed like 15. 15-1 is lopsided. So if person A fights person B... and person A lands 15 punches, and person B lands 1 punch... who lands more punches? A or B? So, if chara had not wrestled Shelley down, you think Shelley would have out-fought him? I'm curious. what you do base this on? The previous evidence of their fight? Oh, wait. previous evidence of their fight, Shelley got outpunched 15-1. What are you basing your speculation that Shelley would have won, if fight hadnt come to abrupt halt?

so all of the 1-15 record was all due to injuries? Maybe they would have won some of those games. maybe they wouldn't have. we dont know. And some of those games were pretty lopsided including the 6-0 boston blowout IN PHILADELPHIA. 1-15 is pretty tough to argue against. If they were like 6-8 or something you might make a point. but 1-15 is so lopsided its tough to argue you're better than teams you are 1-15 against.

And i love the "Bryz not finding himself" argument. He had been finding himself for several years in a row. So if he can "not find himself" at any moment in time and is always vulnerable to playing bad during stretches, why do you have confidence in him?

Pronger is good. but he is not Nikolas Lidstrom. He is not even close. If it were baseball standards, pronger might not be hof. i am not sure how strict nhl is with HOF. but he is NOT Lidstrom.

yes penalties are undercontrol as of late. And thats the key phrase. As of late. Meaning during this temporary, small time frame they are doing ok with penalties. As of late. My point is that since its the same story every year (stupid penalties) i dont think that one small stretch of not taking penalties signifies the end of the franchise's lack of discipline. PHI is #1 in the NHL in PIM. so its not like they've solved their problem this year. If lately theyve been doing well.. ok. maybe they have been. My point is that there is no reason to assume they can sustain it given their long history of taking too many penalties every single year. I'm sure theyve had some stretches in their franchise's history where they didnt take penalties. but clearly that hadnt solved the problem permanently. so i see no reason why this stretch assumes that problem will be solved permenantly.

Bryz save % during march was .947. Cory schneider's was .954. Brian Elliott's was .974.

yes he has played well. but you act like hes milestones ahead of everyone in the nhl. you said "hes so far ahead of everyone that its not even close." Really? a .943 save % is higher than a .954 and a .974? that is not the case.

I love good sports debates. but i cannot argue with someone who makes rediculous points like "a team that has a 1-15 record against two teams is better than them" and "a goalie with a save % of .943 is best by far and its not even close over guys who have higher save % like .954 and .974" and "when a fighter outlands an opponent by landing 15 punches to his opponents 1 punch, he loses the fight"
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-01-12 at 11:05 PM.

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I totally agree with you here Ethan. It is all about the current squads and I like playing Philly for those gritty games it always produces. Its just brutal listening to people like PhillyFlyers who babble for a whole page over how tough the Philly 4th liners are and citing records from 40 years ago when the flyers were obviously a powerhouse and the pens were marginal as scripture. Both teams have a good shot of coming out of the east if they can win their series and I love the rivalry so best of luck to you guys.

hockey216

I will talk hockey with anyone who wants to have a good debate.

but not someone who says teams are better than teams they are 1-15 against. and someone who says if i think that the 15-1 teams are better than the 1-15 teams, i must be "smoking crack" and a "fukkin idiot."

and not someone who thinks that a .947 save % is higher than a .954 save % and a .974 save %. And that a .947 save % is "so much higher than the .974 save %, that its "not even close".

I am done. you are clearly a biased philly fan who does not follow hockey outside of your own team. I cant wait to rebump this post once Philly gets eliminated.

RIP Philadelphia Flyers.
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-01-12 at 11:15 PM.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I will talk hockey with anyone who wants to have a good debate.

but not someone who says teams are better than teams they are 1-15 against. and someone who says if i think that the 15-1 teams are better than the 1-15 teams, i must be "smoking crack."

and not someone who thinks that a .947 save % is higher than a .954 save % and a .974 save %. And that a .947 save % is "so much higher than the .974 save %, that its "not even close"".

I am done. you are clearly a biased philly fan who does not follow hockey outside of your own team. I cant wait to rebump this post once Philly gets eliminated.

RIP Philadelphia Flyers.
    You area fukking idiot that doesn't know the game or what you're talking about.

I could respons to this and your previous post ot this, but after reading it, I'm afraid we're all dumber for it.

It's obvious to any real hockey fan you don't have a clue.

You can;t even understand the debate you're so clueless. Your save % analogy is completely wrong.

You haven't made one correct post yet.

I can't have a good discussion when I'm dealing with nitwits.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Simmonds didnt even miss his next shift, thats a fukking badass right there.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Today was awesome. Can't wait to beat those pussies in the playoffs.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

As a diehard flyers fan all of my life. most of you guys were not even born when i donned my flyers cap i still say the pens beat us in round 1.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    You area fukking idiot that doesn't know the game or what you're talking about.

I could respons to this and your previous post ot this, but after reading it, I'm afraid we're all dumber for it.

It's obvious to any real hockey fan you don't have a clue.

You can;t even understand the debate you're so clueless. Your save % analogy is completely wrong.

You haven't made one correct post yet.

I can't have a good discussion when I'm dealing with nitwits.

you surrendur at last!

I thought i was done. but im not.

You are like all poor debators. Once you lose an argument, you resort to personal attacks and abandon the debate.

Just to sum up your arguments:

You argued that Bryzgalov was "BY FAR THE BEST GOALIE IN NHL PAST MONTH AND IT ISNT EVEN CLOSE'"... even though his save % that month was .943 and there were a few guys with higher save %, including Brian Elliott's .974 and Cory Schneider .954.

So his .943 save % is "BY FAR" better than goalie's with a .954 and .974 save %? and its not even close? which number is higher? .974 or .943? did you even pass the first grade? Do you know how to count? Why is my save % stat wrong?

Look them up. Here. i found them on http://nhl.com and http://espn.com.

Then you argue that a player wins a fight when he gets wrestled to ground after landing only 1 punch when his opponent landed 15.

Then you argue that flyers are better than rangers and bruins, even though they are 0-7 against rangers and 1-7 against bruins in L15.

1-15? really?

you blame all that on injuries? injuries can account for a couple of losses, sure. But you think those 14 losses were all because of pronger? You cant attribute all 14 of those losses to a single player. Especially not an offensive player. A player isnt even on the ice more than 25 minutes a a game. So when you GOT BLOWN OUT 6-0 AT HOME to the bruins in december...all 6 of those goals were bc u didnt have pronger? News flash, buddy. losing 1 defenseman shouldn't make you go 0-14 against teams you are better than.

You cannot argue that a 1-15 team is better than a 15-1 team.

Then you say anyone who thinks the 15-1 teams are better than the 1-15 teams are "smoking crack".

Then you say that anyone who thinks the number .943 isn't higher than .974 are "crack smokers" "nitwits" and "fuking idiots" and "clueless". You say that .943 is "BY FAR" higher than .974 and "ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE". Gee.... My math teacher in the Engineering school sure would beg to differ.

You offer no insight or legitimate defense for your points. you just resort to personal attacks because you realize your arguments have no validity.

So a team is better than teams it's 1-15 against? WOW. Tough to argue that when two teams beat the piss out of you, blow you out at home 6-0, and are 15-1 against you that they aren't better.

FLYERS ARE 1-AND-DONE! Just like the 76ers! Just like the Phillies! Just like the "Dream Team" Eagles! Oh wait... "The Dream Team" didnt even make the playoffs.
    Last edited by hockey216; 04-02-12 at 02:20 AM.

hockey216

bill2266
    steelers
    bill2266's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

pens will beat philly in the playoff any betters

First 123456 ... Last