View New Posts
123
  1. #36

    It is funny how all those years Pittsburgh never supported their Hockey team and almost lost them to KC, now all of a sudden they think that they are hockey capital of the world.

  2. #37

    you flyer fans are classic. holy hell we are 4-1 against the pens!!!!!!!! we'll beat you when it matters like always and as the previous poster said..1975.

    though that hartnell vid is awesome.

  3. #38

    shitsburgh is seriously one of the most disgusting places in the entire country. saw ND PITT play there this year at Heinz field, was a horrible weekend.

  4. #39

    Quote Originally Posted by philswin View Post
    It is funny how all those years Pittsburgh never supported their Hockey team and almost lost them to KC, now all of a sudden they think that they are hockey capital of the world.
    This.

  5. #40

    So now it's not about the product on the ice...it's about the fan base? No wait...it's about which city is more liveable?

    Try hoisting it once in recent memory and then you can brag it up for a year.

    Until then, you're the team that dubbed Lindros "The Next One" and mock a guy (Crosby) who could retire tomorrow and still have a ring and a gold medal in his short career.

    It's a trophy, not a 40 year comet. But hey, good cheese steak - you win!

  6. #41
    opie1988's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-12-10
    Posts: 16,793
    Betpoints: 794
    Message Me

    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    One trick pony stick to cricket pal we all know your acne dot head ass has never played hockey

    Smelly buried in yet another thread. Kid will never learn.

    SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011


           BIG
           MEAN
           BULLY

    WHEEL
    OF
    BANISHMENT
    2/21/2014

  7. #42

    Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    So now it's not about the product on the ice...it's about the fan base? No wait...it's about which city is more liveable?

    Try hoisting it once in recent memory and then you can brag it up for a year.

    Until then, you're the team that dubbed Lindros "The Next One" and mock a guy (Crosby) who could retire tomorrow and still have a ring and a gold medal in his short career.

    It's a trophy, not a 40 year comet. But hey, good cheese steak - you win!
    Maybe if the Flyers have 10 straight terrible years and get guys like Crosby, Malkin, Staal, and MAF with top 10 picks we would be lucky enough to win a cup. But instead the Flyers go to the Playoffs 16 out of the last 17 years.

  8. #43

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post
    Maybe if the Flyers have 10 straight terrible years and get guys like Crosby, Malkin, Staal, and MAF with top 10 picks we would be lucky enough to win a cup. But instead the Flyers go to the Playoffs 16 out of the last 17 years.
    Hahahaha. Enjoy that 16 out of 17 trophy.

    Do they make rings for 16 out of 17 (but 0 championships in that span)?

  9. #44

  10. #45

    I don't know alot about hockey, but it seems like a lot of GREAT GREAT players have been on their teams over the course of their history
    WHEEL
    OF
    BANISHMENT
    3/28/2014

  11. #46

    Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Hahahaha. Enjoy that 16 out of 17 trophy.

    Do they make rings for 16 out of 17 (but 0 championships in that span)?
    Just admit that Pittsburg doesn't know how to run a franchise. Once Crosby and Malkin retire you guys will be back in the shitter until you get a bunch of good draft licks again. Teams like the Flyers and Redwings stay contenders year after year. You guys won in 09 and congrats but enjoy this run because it will be followed by a few terrible years.

  12. #47

    Quote Originally Posted by Guinser View Post
    you flyer fans are classic. holy hell we are 4-1 against the pens!!!!!!!! we'll beat you when it matters like always and as the previous poster said..1975.

    though that hartnell vid is awesome.
    You shitsburgh fans need to get a reality check.

    You'll beat us when it matters "like always"?

    We have played in 5 playoff series and the Flyers have won 3 of them.

    Our all-time record vs. shitsburgh is 141-81-30-7 including 7-1-0-1 in the last nine games.

    We are 5-0-0 all-time in your new building the consol energy center.

    Of course, shitsburgh fans never let facts get in the way of their delusional thinking.

  13. #48

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post
    Just admit that Pittsburg doesn't know how to run a franchise. Once Crosby and Malkin retire you guys will be back in the shitter until you get a bunch of good draft licks again. Teams like the Flyers and Redwings stay contenders year after year. You guys won in 09 and congrats but enjoy this run because it will be followed by a few terrible years.
    I haven't played for either team - and don't actually cheer for the Pens, so there's no "you guys" here, sorry.

    I just found it laughable how you so passionately defend the Broad Street Runner Ups

  14. #49

    Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    I haven't played for either team - and don't actually cheer for the Pens, so there's no "you guys" here, sorry.

    I just found it laughable how you so passionately defend the Broad Street Runner Ups
    The Flyers have been the best run organization in the NHL since their inception.

    Flyers have the 2nd best all-time winning percentage among all NHL teams. Only Montreal's winning percentage is better all-time, and that might change after this year.

  15. #50

    Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    I haven't played for either team - and don't actually cheer for the Pens, so there's no "you guys" here, sorry.

    I just found it laughable how you so passionately defend the Broad Street Runner Ups
    Then why are you even in this arguement? And you find it funny that fans are passion, you must be a pens fan.

  16. #51

    2012 winner of most homo-erotic thread title

    Congrats

  17. #52
    PuckIt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-11-12
    Posts: 9,283
    Betpoints: 364
    Message Me

    Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    HAHA Hartnell is the ugliest player in the league

    word

  18. #53
    manny24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-07
    Posts: 8,160
    Betpoints: 30
    Message Me

    really enjoyed the fight at the end i was praying the coaches were going to throw down.

  19. #54
    PuckIt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-11-12
    Posts: 9,283
    Betpoints: 364
    Message Me

    Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    really enjoyed the fight at the end i was praying the coaches were going to throw down.
    Me too man that was fantastic. I knew after Vitale made that crushing open-ice hit (which was totally legal) all hell was going to break loose. It's been a while since i've seen a good coach fight...was hoping for a goalie battle too but no luck.

  20. #55

    Hard to imagine there's a player in the league uglier than Evgeni Malkin.



  21. #56

    Puckit - Hartnell isn't pretty enough for you as to other NHL players?

  22. #57

  23. #58

  24. #59
    manny24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-07
    Posts: 8,160
    Betpoints: 30
    Message Me

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    Me too man that was fantastic. I knew after Vitale made that crushing open-ice hit (which was totally legal) all hell was going to break loose. It's been a while since i've seen a good coach fight...was hoping for a goalie battle too but no luck.
    agreed i am a fan of neither team and saw the hit as legal and very impressive...melted the guy.

  25. #60

  26. #61

  27. #62

    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Hard to imagine there's a player in the league uglier than Evgeni Malkin.


    word.

  28. #63

  29. #64
    PuckIt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-11-12
    Posts: 9,283
    Betpoints: 364
    Message Me

    I suppose we could bring Ovechkin into the equation for ugliest player too. Love how all you guys hate on Crosby so much. Jealousy is a powerful thing!

  30. #65

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    I suppose we could bring Ovechkin into the equation for ugliest player too. Love how all you guys hate on Crosby so much. Jealousy is a powerful thing!
    And you hate the Flyers because they are 4-1 against you guys this year?

  31. #66
    PuckIt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-11-12
    Posts: 9,283
    Betpoints: 364
    Message Me

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post
    And you hate the Flyers because they are 4-1 against you guys this year?
    Nah I hate the flyers because I spent four years learning to hate their fans in college. It's a bi-product of my degree.

  32. #67





    whitest guy ive seen that looks like a monkey....
    fly boyz have a half dozen dudes that'd shove that chicken legged punk right up his own ass....why they havent is beyond me.

  33. #68
    PuckIt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-11-12
    Posts: 9,283
    Betpoints: 364
    Message Me

    "fly boyz"? Enough said.

  34. #69

    ill bump this thread after the first round series. and will be looking forward to the 'well at least you guys will suck in 10 years and we have a great win % all time!' comments.

  35. #70

    Quote Originally Posted by Guinser View Post
    ill bump this thread after the first round series. and will be looking forward to the 'well at least you guys will suck in 10 years and we have a great win % all time!' comments.
    Yeah we'll see what happens

First 12345 ... Last
Top