PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Evem Worse Than SOPA: New CISPA CyberSecurity Bill Will Censor The Web

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

time for a huge revolt. I am talking a couple millions protecting in front of the White House and Congress demanding a stop to this kind of behavior. Americans are losing more and more of freedoms and civil liberties each day. Both parties are guilty.

Unless you guys stand up against this bullshit, they will just continue to do it more and more. Years later you will wake up and say wtf just happened? US politicians aren't afraid of the people and until they are, they will continue doing this kinda stuff.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

both parties are guilty, thats a go to line for right wingers.. don't even have to look, I guarantee this bill is sponsored by republicans, just like the UIGEA and SOPA

Less government my ass.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

ISPs will lose 100's of millions because everyone will downgrade to the lowest download package.

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    both parties are guilty, thats a go to line for right wingers.. don't even have to look, I guarantee this bill is sponsored by republicans, just like the UIGEA and SOPA

Less government my ass.
    "The bill (HR3523)
    was introduced last December by Reps. Mike Rogers (R-MI) and C.A. “Dutch” Ruppersberger (D-MD), chair and minority leader of the House Intelligence Committee respectively, and it now has more than 105 co-sponsors along with a bunch of corporations backing it."

Obama extended the Patriot Act.
    Obama signed the NDAA.

Both parties. Idiot.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post

Less government my ass.
    WRONG

yes the bill's main sponsor is a Republican, Mike Rogers, BUT the bill ALSO has 106 co-sponsors, and TWENTY-FIVE of them are................take a guess.............DEMOCRATS!!!! shocking

fuk off libtards

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

CarpeDime

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    "The bill (HR3523)
    was introduced last December by Reps. Mike Rogers (R-MI) and C.A. “Dutch” Ruppersberger (D-MD), chair and minority leader of the House Intelligence Committee respectively, and it now has more than 105 co-sponsors along with a bunch of corporations backing it."

it seems here Ruppy is one of the 106 cosponsors, not an original sponsor

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr3523
    Last edited by CarpeDime; 04-04-12 at 04:25 PM.

CrazyCarl
    CrazyCarl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2162

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    um crazy carl u seem like a nice guy but the bill was not introduced by Ruppersberger, just an amendment to the bill

Ruppy is one of the 106 cosponsors, he is not an original sponsor

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr3523
    He's the second biggest supporter of the bill after the author. They're both pushing hard for it to get passed. I didn't say he wrote it. The part you're arguing I didn't say at all. I quoted.

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2012/03/30/6224636.htm

CarpeDime

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    He's the second biggest supporter of the bill after the author. They're both pushing hard for it to get passed. I didn't say he wrote it. The part you're arguing I didn't say at all. I quoted.

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2012/03/30/6224636.htm
    yes you are right, I was wrong, it appears Ruppy is one of the original sponsors, my bad