lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

How good can the bears be next season?

As a lifelong bears fan i really like the moves they made on offense. Getting Bush was obviously cover and backup in case Forte holds out and would help even if he didnt. Getting Marshall is big. The bears have not had a good receiver forever. Signing Campbell as a backup a decent move as well. If it wasnt for the late season injuries last year the bears would have been a tough out in the playoffs.

Thoughts guys.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Probably a playoff team, but not SB winner

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

3. Chicago Bears

Home: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts
    Away: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans

Lakerboy, with that schedule, I could see the Bears having a very, very good record.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

We legit. We are always surprisingly competitive. Last year the Cutler and Forte knock out punch was something we couldn't come back from, not with the POS backups we had in place.

Angelo is gone, and we made big moves. I hope this is a good sign for the upcoming draft, and we go with another stud OL, DT and fill our secondary needs.

We are right there with the Lions and Packers.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    3. Chicago Bears

Home: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts
    Away: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans

Lakerboy, with that schedule, I could see the Bears having a very, very good record.
    10 W's
    4 L's
    2 toss ups (although I think we beat the boys, and both the Green Bay games are winnable).

Swept by the pack, even though I don't think it will happen, give them the benefit. Split with the Lions.

Bottom line, anything less than a 10 win season is bad.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can Cutler stay healthy? They were looking like they were going to make a good run there until the QB got hurt. Then they lost to Chiefs/Denver (most epic collapse ever) etc. Jason Campbell helps, but...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cutler has to stay healthy

They were great last year until Cutler got hurt

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Their defense is old. That is the only thing I would worry about.

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

PickWinner - the only obstacle I can see that might be in the way of the Bears having a perfect season is the 49ers.

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Shogun - who cares? They have Jason Campbell as a backup. The real question is: will the offensive line perform?

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    PickWinner - the only obstacle I can see that might be in the way of the Bears having a perfect season is the 49ers.
    Ha, I'm not going to start talking about a 15-1 season until the Bears land some decent O-linemen to shore it up a little bit. It actually wasn't bad last year when they were healthy... but it is still a weakness.

I do think that the Bears can go 13-3. I really think Martz was holding them back and they probably would have finished 11-5 last year with a harder schedule than they have this year if Cutler/Forte don't go down. They were 7-3 with a pretty easy slate left when Cutler went down.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

They will be lucky to be the second wildcard. They have no chance to win the division, and the Lions are only better then last year. The saints getting hit helps them a ton

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by mrpooh View Post
    They will be lucky to be the second wildcard. They have no chance to win the division, and the Lions are only better then last year. The saints getting hit helps them a ton
    The Bears were better than the Lions last year before Cutler/Forte went down....

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Shogun - who cares? They have Jason Campbell as a backup. The real question is: will the offensive line perform?
    Did you watch the Bears games last year or just catch the local highlights on ESPN? Many people don't realize it, but Cutler played great games even with the O-Line in shambles. The O-Line isn't going to be that great, everyone knows it. The key, once again, is keeping the one chance (Cutler) you have to make a run healthy.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Too early to project. Draft, injuries, final rosters still need to be determined. Lovie is good to coach them to some losses they shouldn't have.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

3. Chicago Bears

I could easily see them going 8-0 or 7-1 at home, if they can win 3-4 road games they should be in very good shape. Marshall could be huge if he doesn't get suspended & keeps his head straight.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Half the linebacking of SF now. Still not good enough

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Bears win the division. I wouldn't go any farther until I see what that defense is going to look like. Defense, yes defense will be their achilles heel.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

10-6
    nfc is tough though

i predict
    1 green bay
    2 phily
    3 sf
    4 new orleans
    5 detroit
    6 chicago or atlanta
    3 others will have same records and it will go by tiebreakers . if they can beat dallas it will help
    for tiebreakers. Depends what they do in the 2 games vs detroit

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Local Bears beat writer says the Bears don't have strong enough starters to be spending the money they spent on depth (backups.) Also made the point that the Bears could have taken some of the money offered to Bush and signed Forte to an extension while bringing up the fact that the Bears got virtually nothing for all the money they spent on backups Chester Taylor and Marion Barber. His bottom line was that with the age of the stars on the Bears defense, they should have a Super Bowl or bust attitude and spending money on guys like Bush and Campbell will not get it done. That's his take. Mine is obviously it's still the Packers division to lose.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Offensive line is still garbage, new off coordinator, and Lovie "2 yards and a cloud of dust" Smith is still the coach.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

So far in the offseason, the Bears and Broncos progressed, while the Saints and Chargers regressed.

I like the Bears making a playoff run. They just need to keep Matt Forte on the team.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Best move they made was getting rid of their inept GM Angelo. Not sure how Mike Tice will do as an offensive coordinator, weird hire by Lovie. And what about Lovie, been the coach a looooooooooooong time in Chicago; the message might be getting stale. I know a few Bear fans that can't believe Lovie is still the coach. Another so-so year by the Bears and Lovie might be on the street.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Best move they made was getting rid of their inept GM Angelo. Not sure how Mike Tice will do as an offensive coordinator, weird hire by Lovie. And what about Lovie, been the coach a looooooooooooong time in Chicago; the message might be getting stale. I know a few Bear fans that can't believe Lovie is still the coach. Another so-so year by the Bears and Lovie might be on the street.
    We needed to fire Lovie and hire Rivera a while ago. We missed that bus, big time. We finally saw the writing on the wall and kicked angelo to the curb - wish it was sooner, and Lovie was alongside him.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

10-6 Wildcard round

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Bears absolutely lose to Dallas on the road. No question about it.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If Cutler can stay healthy, anything is possible.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Bears were 7-3 before Cutler/Forte went down and they should absolutely be a better team this season. IF IF IF they stay healthy they are a serious SB contender.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

They have the worst coach in the league. They won't go as far as their talent should take them, he will make horrible calls and hold them back you can bet on it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    They have the worst coach in the league. They won't go as far as their talent should take them, he will make horrible calls and hold them back you can bet on it.
    Really? During his tenure Lovie has to be in the top 3 or 4 in the league in wins and most people would say they did it without having among the top talents in the league. Lovie's system is pretty good and his runs a pretty tight ship. He will make an occasional boneheaded sideline call missing challenges and whatnot, but he gets a lot out of his teams. Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton went to the Super Bowl!

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

3. Chicago Bears

I think that is a very very tuff schedule...

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

as a lifelong bears fan...

so this is WHY you hate Peyton Manning

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

10-6 with healthy Cutler

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Really? During his tenure Lovie has to be in the top 3 or 4 in the league in wins and most people would say they did it without having among the top talents in the league. Lovie's system is pretty good and his runs a pretty tight ship. He will make an occasional boneheaded sideline call missing challenges and whatnot, but he gets a lot out of his teams. Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton went to the Super Bowl!
    No doubt about it. Any coach that gets to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as QB is a total badass in my book.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    No doubt about it. Any coach that gets to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as QB is a total badass in my book.
    That wasnt Lovie, that was the assistant coaches that went away...One is a head coach right now...

12 Last