BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

"Video" May 5th UFC on FOX3 Wager

Sorry for the early post, but this line could drop.

3Units JOHNY HENDRICKS -115

I see Hendricks catching Koz in the 2nd round by TKO.

Best of luck.

Song sped up and got a little country excited...
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave BIGDAY 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bradnowell
    bradnowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

looks like koscheck opened as a slight fav and is now a slight dog.. interesting

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

wtf?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

pound ! pound ! pound !

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Gotta be the best gambling term ever used.

Love it.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Hendricks has been taken down quite a bit in his MMA career. Do you know if he has been training his wrestlign for this one?

Standup is about even whereas we know Hendricks has a great chin and Kos has been caught by Thiago.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

good vid

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its amazing how people are so different depending on where your from
    Its like BigDay is from outer space
    I never saw a guy like this

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

bigger, wtf do you minnys know about the group alabama

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Hendricks has been taken down quite a bit in his MMA career. Do you know if he has been training his wrestlign for this one?

Standup is about even whereas we know Hendricks has a great chin and Kos has been caught by Thiago.
    I think Koz's chin and him losing a step imho will be the deciding factors.

Johny finds ways to win. Always has. I don't think Koz keeps him down for full rounds. I see Hendricks having plenty of oppertunities standing here.

Just my opinion though.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

It's Minnesota. We live in the woods in the winter and on the water in the summer.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

haa I thought you'd be on Hendricks! Got a small play on him at moment. I think I'll be playing Hendricks KO of the Night and fight goes distance. If he does finish Kos it will probably be from a flash uppercut like the Paulo Thiago KO. Hendricks could well take over from P.Thiago as the AKA killa!

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

I think he used to be on the old school Micro machines commercials
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

bigday do you like jim miller here?

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I think Koz's chin and him losing a step imho will be the deciding factors.

Johny finds ways to win. Always has. I don't think Koz keeps him down for full rounds. I see Hendricks having plenty of oppertunities standing here.

Just my opinion though.

Fair enuogh
    I had .5u on Hendricks at +120 but I will now add more for you Big day
    1u -115

I too will be playing KO of the night
    Last edited by Beelzebubzy; 04-23-12 at 03:13 PM. Reason: but I will now add more for you Big day 1u -115

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    bigday do you like jim miller here?
    But I think this line might move around a bit. Might wait for reduced juice.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Its amazing how people are so different depending on where your from
    Its like BigDay is from outer space
    I never saw a guy like this

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Love it. I hope you made that pick before those amphetamines clouded your judgment though Big Day.

Big Rig has tremendous power for 170 and Kos is very hittable especially since the fractured orbital... he does his patented stunned look with an OCD nose twitch whenever he gets hit. Pierce has serious power like Hendricks, albeit without the same handspeed as Johny, and he couldn't put Kos out... Bah, I'm so indecisive here.

I'm worried that Kos will get tooled in the standup and then strategically shoot for a power double with 30-60 seconds left and then LnP like he did versus Pierce in rounds 2 & 3 to steal a decision. Hendricks is even smaller than Pierce although I'm sure you'd favour Johny's wrestling but I don't feel he's the best MMA wrestler defensively. Pierce took him down in round three with a brute strength, pick him up and drop him double leg TD. I need to rewatch the Story fight to see where Johny went wrong (was it clinch TDs like Story usually does?) but I don't have TUF12 finale on hand and my memory is definitely not reliable from three years ago.

The biggest wild card is how Kos's camp is going in Fresno. Who is he wrestling with? Who's his striking coach? I'm sure his S&C will be fine; it always is... Maybe Koscheck will look rejuvenated since cutting out the AKA cancer. Kos wants us to believe that... But it may be a case of not being able to teach an old dog new tricks.

Personally, I need to watch more footage. I'm so indecisive with this play. I guess that's why the odds are pretty much even.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Bigday you're a funny guy

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Holy shiz, how many red bulls did you drink? Party on!

I'm taking Hendricks as well. Just hope this one doesn't end up like Story/Brenneman did where Kos just goes for takedown after takedown and controls him. Me thinks Hendricks can get the TKO, but thinking back on Hendrick's fight w/ Rick Story has me a little concerned.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Bigday you're a funny guy

Beelzebubzy

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Love it. I hope you made that pick before those amphetamines clouded your judgment though Big Day.

Big Rig has tremendous power for 170 and Kos is very hittable especially since the fractured orbital... he does his patented stunned look with an OCD nose twitch whenever he gets hit. Pierce has serious power like Hendricks, albeit without the same handspeed as Johny, and he couldn't put Kos out... Bah, I'm so indecisive here.

I'm worried that Kos will get tooled in the standup and then strategically shoot for a power double with 30-60 seconds left and then LnP like he did versus Pierce in rounds 2 & 3 to steal a decision. Hendricks is even smaller than Pierce although I'm sure you'd favour Johny's wrestling but I don't feel he's the best MMA wrestler defensively. Pierce took him down in round three with a brute strength, pick him up and drop him double leg TD. I need to rewatch the Story fight to see where Johny went wrong (was it clinch TDs like Story usually does?) but I don't have TUF12 finale on hand and my memory is definitely not reliable from three years ago.

The biggest wild card is how Kos's camp is going in Fresno. Who is he wrestling with? Who's his striking coach? I'm sure his S&C will be fine; it always is... Maybe Koscheck will look rejuvenated since cutting out the AKA cancer. Kos wants us to believe that... But it may be a case of not being able to teach an old dog new tricks.

Personally, I need to watch more footage. I'm so indecisive with this play. I guess that's why the odds are pretty much even.
    This is a great point. Once you break your orbital bone, it becomes very easy to break again.

Johnys jab looked good against Pierce.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I think Hendricks has only improved his TDdefense sinse that loss. And should come easier to him versus others. He may want Koz to shoot as I think it opens up opportunity for an uppercut.

I think it's his time and he knows it.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    This is a great point. Once you break your orbital bone, it becomes very easy to break again.

Johnys jab looked good against Pierce.
    Well that was my theory on betting up Pierce at +230 and ITD at around +500 and of course that didn't happen... Matt Hughes hit Kos enough times to see that he didn't like getting touched with teh jab but we all know how that went. It's one thing to bet it up at nearly 2.5:1, it's another at 1:1. I'm not saying it won't happen, it's just a matter of whether you have that much more confidence in Johny versus Kos than Pierce.

TBH, Johny's knees from the clinch were what stuck out to me in the UFC 133 fight with Pierce. I didn't really notice his jab landing too often but I wasn't watching closely.

It's the salient point in this matchup though: Johny needs to touch Kos's chin with a Bigg Rigg hook/uppercut or he needs to land jabs/crosses on Kos's right eye. I don't have confidence that Johny will outwrestle Kos; if anything, Kos will complete more TDs... I could be wrong but I just don't see it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I think Kos will over-rate his stand-up and keep it standing predominantly. He probably realizes that to have a chance of climbing the ladder again he needs to put on super impressive performances rather than eek out decisions, and more pertinently he seems to think he's an elite kickboxer.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Well that was my theory on betting up Pierce at +230 and ITD at around +500 and of course that didn't happen... Matt Hughes hit Kos enough times to see that he didn't like getting touched with teh jab but we all know how that went. It's one thing to bet it up at nearly 2.5:1, it's another at 1:1. I'm not saying it won't happen, it's just a matter of whether you have that much more confidence in Johny versus Kos than Pierce.

TBH, Johny's knees from the clinch were what stuck out to me in the UFC 133 fight with Pierce. I didn't really notice his jab landing too often but I wasn't watching closely.

It's the salient point in this matchup though: Johny needs to touch Kos's chin with a Bigg Rigg hook/uppercut or he needs to land jabs/crosses on Kos's right eye. I don't have confidence that Johny will outwrestle Kos; if anything, Kos will complete more TDs... I could be wrong but I just don't see it.
    I agree, IMO it will be Kos who will certainly be the one getting the takedowns if either do look to take it to the mat. He's bigger and more explosive than Hendricks. I like Hendricks as dog at better than evens (small play on him at +110 and got him in a parlay at +110) but not at favourite odds currently

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Gl keep rollin BD!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

liking Hendricks as well!! hopefully a new John Deere is in your future pal..I can see you smoking a corncob pipe cruising around the neighborhood in that bad boy

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    liking Hendricks as well!! hopefully a new John Deere is in your future pal..I can see you smoking a corncob pipe cruising around the neighborhood in that bad boy
    My next vid will be from my John Deere lawn tractor just for you pal.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave BIGDAY 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I would love to see Bigday in a sombrero, pancho and black mustache for cinco de mayo.. listening to mexican music too.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I would love to see Bigday in a sombrero, pancho and black mustache for cinco de mayo.. listening to mexican music too.
    I'll see what I can do pal. Would be epic.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Hit Johny Hendricks by T/KO prop 1U to win 4.85U.

War Bigg Rigg KOing that Nappy-headed douche!

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I want to tail you here, but am 0-2 doing so and am worried the fact that you really relate to Hendricks might be influencing your pick. I personally see him as a similar type of dude as you.

1234 Last