No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Another Pinny lean cashes with ease

Boys, if you can spot these from time to time, they cash quite often. I'll never forget last year when Kansas was like -3.5 (-160) at K-State when most books had long gone to 6. Pinny eventually did as well, but they sucked the juice out of all the players who went with the consensus fave.

Just something to keep an eye on from now on -- no guarantees, but usually pretty strong hints as to which side is the right one.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

?? Was there something like today?

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is talking about Memphis -4.5

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    ?? Was there something like today?
    My bad -- the top of my post got cut off for some reason.

Last night, we were discussing the Memphis-Michigan game. When most shops were moving the line to -5, 6 or even 7 in favor of Memphis -- a big public play -- Pinny sat at -4 (-145) for quite some time before following suit.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

pinny leans were golden in NBA....I miss NBA

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Your sharp guy..I rarely look for those leans

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    pinny leans were golden in NBA....I miss NBA

I miss it too vyom. Very, umm, "predictable" in spots.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Your sharp guy..I rarely look for those leans
    It typically happens around 1-2 in the morning, but you can obviously track it with SBRodds.

I miss most of them too JJ. Just happen to see this one last night because my initial thought was to take Memphis.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

No coin you are sharp guy
    Those college picks you posted in that thread did good to the one I posted in earlier in the week

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    No coin you are sharp guy
    Those college picks you posted in that thread did good to the one I posted in earlier in the week

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

No Coin takes Bullshit from various trolls, but no doubt this guy is not a fool.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    No Coin takes Bullshit from various trolls, but no doubt this guy is not a fool.
    Not at all. One of the sharpest guys on the chit-chat room.

No Coin far & away the most successful of all the family man/degens on the board.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Thanks Houli.

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Not at all. One of the sharpest guys on the chit-chat room.

No Coin far & away the most successful of all the family man/degens on the board.
    Nah opie -- you've got that one locked down.

The duplicity is something though, ain't it?

"Honey, I've got to wait to give the kids a bath. I need to check the Chaminade score."

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Good stuff

Fa11en
    Fa11en's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

That happens because someone wasn't paying attention to the line. Too funny

crjohnson32
    crjohnson32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Quote Originally Posted by Fa11en View Post
    That happens because someone wasn't paying attention to the line. Too funny
    uhhhh......no

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

I've never been a line watcher like you coin so I wouldn't be any good at this but maybe start a thread and post these plays in it? Just a suggestion, I know it would mean time but I think it could be beneficial.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

When was the last time this happened besides this game

Fa11en
    Fa11en's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

Uhhhh, yes crjohnson it is. Most on here don't fully understand what line moves/leans actually mean

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

No need to say anything more in this thread. Pinny will start fukkin with there numbers when they see this stuff

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

He is right in what he is saying, and I like NC.

But I started laughing when I saw the title of this thread. To think your line reading is that easy is pretty funny NC. Your pretty bad at OVER analyzing line movement.

crjohnson32

Uhhhh, yes crjohnson it is. Most on here don't fully understand what line moves/leans actually mean
    It absolutely does not happen because "someone wasn't paying attention".

crjohnson32

While most place will move the line, in instances like this, pinnacle feels the line is exactly where it's supposed to be so they just crank up the juice.

Like the OP said, if other places crank a line that opened at -4 to -5(-110), -6(-110), or -7(-110), pinny will keep it -4 and crank the juice up to (-150)

It is most certainly not a case of someone "not paying attention"

AlwaysDrawing
    AlwaysDrawing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Pinnacle uses automatic line moves based on action. It a ton of bets hit a line, the vig will change, and a linesman has to come in and manually adjust to the next number if it gets out of whack.

You can use their drop down boxes to play alternate lines.

While I agree that it's not the result of someone "not paying attention", there's definitely a good chance that a linesman is slow to move a line and it has nothing to do with a pinny lean, but rather it's just a line steaming one way.

A good example is CBB totals in the morning. Pinny isn't leaning on a line that goes to -111, -119, -125, it's much more likely that a linesman is working to keep up with moves and the line just keeps getting hit by sharps and auto-changing the vig.

I can't comment on this game in particular, and Pinny often has leans on games where they have superior knowledge, but I'd be surprised if you would be better off reading into the line movement or trying to bet an off line or steam at a square shop.

AlwaysDrawing
    AlwaysDrawing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

As an example, I hit the George Washington UNDER 140.5 at -121 this morning, and it wasn't a Pinny lean, it was sharp action moving the line. Now the line is 138 -108, after linesman have come in and changed the number.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysDrawing View Post
    Pinnacle uses automatic line moves based on action. It a ton of bets hit a line, the vig will change, and a linesman has to come in and manually adjust to the next number if it gets out of whack.

You can use their drop down boxes to play alternate lines.

While I agree that it's not the result of someone "not paying attention", there's definitely a good chance that a linesman is slow to move a line and it has nothing to do with a pinny lean, but rather it's just a line steaming one way.

A good example is CBB totals in the morning. Pinny isn't leaning on a line that goes to -111, -119, -125, it's much more likely that a linesman is working to keep up with moves and the line just keeps getting hit by sharps and auto-changing the vig.

I can't comment on this game in particular, and Pinny often has leans on games where they have superior knowledge, but I'd be surprised if you would be better off reading into the line movement or trying to bet an off line or steam at a square shop.
    i generally agree with this....but if i found other profitable line angles, there is no way id post it for everyone else to use.

so ridiculous that people want to "track" anything publicly..i just cant believe it.
    posting plays is different, saying why you came to that conclusion is absurd though.

oh, except those guys that tell me how bad "x" teams run defense is, and how great "y" team does at home after a loss.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

pinny stays at certain numbers longer cause they have a way bigger market than other books.they can hold off and in the long run they will win on juice anyways. they do it all the time with team totals especially. but one thing i did notice is that if /when they do move to the next number the play will cash more than not but pinny dont care cause they will win over the long haul with the juice on the prev number.

for example many times pinny will have a nhl team total at 2.5 and -148 on the over. if you dont pay attn it will go to 3 at some point during the day and back to 2.5. if it never moves its worth playing the under 2.5 with +130ish odds. long run of course.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

No Coin are you saying that Pinny know who is going to win before the game has taken place

BugsBunnyAUS
    BugsBunnyAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    No Coin are you saying that Pinny know who is going to win before the game has taken place
    He is saying he would rather be on Pinny's side than anyone elses...I think most would agree...

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

you should track the pinny leans if you have time NC

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Let me see if I can follow. So if say Team A is -145 at -3 at pinny and at all other books it's -5, and then later pinny changes later to -5 later, we take team A or do we take team B?

crjohnson32

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Let me see if I can follow. So if say Team A is -145 at -3 at pinny and at all other books it's -5, and then later pinny changes later to -5 later, we take team A or do we take team B?
    Team B

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Ah sorry, right I see it, go against. Thanks for clearing it up for me crj!

Bobby D
    Bobby D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinnacle Pulse
    Every month or so, I see a thread in the forums about playing the "Pinnacle Lean" - where we offer a line on a game that is slightly off market price. For example on Tuesday we had New England favored by 9.5 points over Buffalo while the market was offering the Patriots at -8.5 and -9. Does this mean that we have an opinion on the game and are trying to lure Buffalo money? Not really.
    At Pinnacle Sports we rarely take positions on games. Instead these off-market prices are the result of sharps placing large wagers with us. In the New England game, we had unopposed sharp money on New England at -8.5 and -9. On the NFL - although our minimum stake amount is just $1 - we normally accept bets of up to $30,000 per wager online with -104 pricing that offers up to 60% better value on NFL sides than other sports books.

Article was written by Simon of Pinnacle sports few years ago. I suggest everybody reads all the Pinnacle pulse articles.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dank_Fire View Post
    No need to say anything more in this thread. Pinny will start fukkin with there numbers when they see this stuff

LOL

The "Pinnacle Lean" has been around for YEARS... You guys are really showing your inexperience.

And even more LOL at the guy who says Pinnacle is asleep at the wheel. Pinnacle has the sharpest group of bookmakers in the industry.... There is no "sleeping at the wheel", and you are an absolute idiot if you think thats the case.

123 Last