BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The Major flaw in Rounders?Why didn't Worm just get out of Dodge?

Great movie but instead of toiling away trying to pay off Worm's debt,why didn't Worm just head to the normal part of the country where he could have taken advantage of all the rubes and fish?If you owed money to a bunch of crazy Russians,wouldn't you blow disgustingly inflated and liberal NYC for greener pastures out west?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Yes
    thats far from the only flaw, starting with the name. No poker player I have ever talked to ever used that term "rounders"

Still a terrific movie if you take it as entertainment rather than realistic

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

"You shoulda played those kings mike"

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I thought he did do that...Worm left, Mike stayed and vouched so he had to beat KGB or suffer the consequences

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

he did

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Like a good degen he waited till until he completely ran out of outs and then took off....

Cost me a lot to learn this truism from the film...

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haven't watched this movie in years.

I think I'll download it.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14778

"Hey! If you want to see this seventh card you're gonna stop speakin' fuckin' Sputnick."

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Mike says this in the beginning of the movie, "the goal is to win one big bet per hour", this couldnt be further from the truth. I have the DVD where moneymaker, chan and hellmuth sit there and do a play by play and say whats wrong with the movie and what parts are true and what parts they like. It is a good movie though, "in the poker game of life, women are the rake", is so fukking true. Also at the end why is grama angry after mike hits the nut straight and pays him, unless he just wanted to get to beat on him but generally after you get paid your in a good mood.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    "Hey! If you want to see this seventh card you're gonna stop speakin' fuckin' Sputnick."

Classic part.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14778

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Mike says this in the beginning of the movie, "the goal is to win one big bet per hour", this couldnt be further from the truth. I have the DVD where moneymaker, chan and hellmuth sit there and do a play by play and say whats wrong with the movie and what parts are true and what parts they like. It is a good movie though, "in the poker game of life, women are the rake", is so fukking true. Also at the end why is grama angry after mike hits the nut straight and pays him, unless he just wanted to get to beat on him but generally after you get paid your in a good mood.
    I'm with you there - **. If I was Grama, I'd be happy that he's got the cash to get paid. Any loan shark would rather get the money then dish out pain.

And Worm's right about women being the rake. We're better off heading to where the sand turns to gold

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Like a good degen he waited till until he completely ran out of outs and then took off....

Cost me a lot to learn this truism from the film...

Herbie, u domesticated yourself for this broad.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Whatever....Great movie either way, not everything is perfect in these kinds of movies

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Anyone see Limitless.....now that was a cool movie.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Anyone see Limitless.....now that was a cool movie.
    yeah i thought it was pretty cool on bluray, some great scenes visually

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

I think the bigger flaw is a Teddy KGB's tell being fuckin oreo cookies...come on!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77

milwaukee mike

bigeric where have you been?

welcome back

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

"Like Papa Wallenda said, 'Life is on the wire, the rest is just waiting.'"

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

You've been rolling fags in the Village again, haven't you?

LVHerbie

My guess is that line exists because when the movie came out limit was still the most prominent game... I'm not a limit player but this is probably a realistic estimate for the expected win rate for a live game for a good player playing limit...

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    My guess is that line exists because when the movie came out limit was still the most prominent game... I'm not a limit player but this is probably a realistic estimate for the expected win rate for a live game for a good player playing limit...
    Isnt true no matter what type of game your playing, what happens after you win one big pot playing stud, you relax and take it easy for the next hour?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

News flash...............................most movies are unrealistic that is why I do not watch them

I live in the real world

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    News flash...............................most movies are unrealistic that is why I do not watch them

I live in the real world

LVHerbie

Isnt true no matter what type of game your playing, what happens after you win one big pot playing stud, you relax and take it easy for the next hour?
    Average hourly win rate not your goal each hour... Again I don't play limit but heard many times that 1 BB per 100 hands is about the best you can hope for playing limit online over a large sample...

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

I live in the real world
    Coach for many of us Rounders is as close to religious experience as we will ever get (ignoring that our real experience is closer to the degenerate nature of Altman's California Split)... Don't get your panties all wrinkled because as true believers we can't see any hollywood created inconsistencies in our bleeding Virgin Mary statue...

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    bigeric where have you been?

welcome back
    thanks pal, i couldnt afford to gamble for a while so i didnt.

back now though for MM

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

The goal of Limit Holdem is to win one big bet per hour. Even though the gameplay in the movie revolves around NO Limit Holdem, there are references to limit holdem in regards to the game the golf pros play or at another remote place. 15 30 is usually a staple of a Limit Holdem game

freelife1
    freelife1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone have a link for this movie?????
    That would be great, its been awhile since i seen it and dont want to buy it...Cant find a link.
    \

Thanks

uup115
    uup115's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3146

biggest flaw...when Mike (Matt Damon) passed on bangging Petra (Famke Janssen)...most unrealistic scene ever in a movie.

end thread.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

"its highway time" (wave keys in air)

classic line Im sure every degenerate gambler has thought about....

"I'm sorry sir, you need to buy your chips from SecretStash"
    Last edited by sweep; 03-12-12 at 08:50 PM.