NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

My Elite 8 Prediction for 2012 NCAA Tournament

I seem to be decent at picking these. Usually get 5 out of 8 at least every year. Except I believe two years ago when it was topsy-turvy-ville.

Okay first off we all can see the West bracket is loaded and the mid-West is garbage. Committee should have done a better job and switched the #4 and the #7 seeds from both these brackets.....putting Louisville and Florida to the Mid-West brackets and putting Michigan and St. Mary's into the West.

But that is now over with.

Looking at what is ahead I think Syracuse is in for a tough game against K-State in the second round. This has upset written all over it. If 'Cuse can survive Kansas State in round 2 they will be in the Final Four.

New Mexico vs. Long Beach State in the first round should be a great #5 vs. #12 match up. I expect the Lobos to make a lot of noise this year and reach the Elite 8. I also like Murray State to beat Marquette in the round of 32 and advance to lose to Missouri in a close game.

Looking at the #8 vs. #9 match up in the Mid west bracket I think Alabama beats Creighton and has a decent game against UNC in the next round. Michigan to me is too Jekyll and Hyde and I am not sure if they match up well with the size of UNC if those two were to meet up in the sweet 16. Ultimately I am taking UNC and Kansas to both hold serve and make the elite 8.

Vanderbilt plays in a tough SEC conference and is better than people think. That being said they will really have to step up their perimeter D and outside shooting if they are to beat Syracuse in the Sweet 16. I think ultimately Syracuse prevails but Florida State intrigues me because they have lost to some sub par decent teams this year (ie-Harvard, UConn and Florida) but beat Duke and UNC twice. I am thinking this is more because of just a match up thing and like Ohio State to smash them in the sweet 16.

I am taking Indiana to beat Kentucky and Xavier to upset Duke in the South conference. Indiana is just too strong and game plans too well against the elite programs. They play big in big games.

So My Elite 8 for this Tournament Are:

(1) Syracuse
    (2) Ohio State
    (3) North Carolina
    (4) Kansas
    (5) New Mexico
    (6) Missouri
    (7) Baylor
    (8) Indiana

What do you guys think?

NYSportsGuy210

Teach me how to Dougie.....t-t-teach me how to Dougie......

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

indiana lost their 2nd best player?

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    indiana lost their 2nd best player?
    Crap they did? Ruh roh.

Wild Cats have a shot now then.