brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Mark Sanchez is Everything That's Wrong With NFL Fans and NFL Management

People care more about team accomplishments in a TEAM SPORT than they do about the individual performance of players when it comes to evaluating QBs and other similar players. This contract that they signed him for is absolutely outrageous considering that he's been a top 5 worst QB in the league over the last 3 years

When will people understand that the jets have won recently in spite of Sanchez and not because of him? Dude had a great offensive line, great RBs, good receivers and great defense for the last 3 years and the jets barely made the playoffs (and didn't even make the playoffs last year because the defense and running game finally dipped and couldn't continue to carry him as they have for the last 3 years). Replace him with Brady/Brees/Manning/Rogers and the jets win 12-15 games every year last 3 years

When will people understand that football is a team sport and, for the love of god, stop evaluating QBs based on their team accomplishments?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1, and KGambler

HenryHill
    HenryHill's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    People care more about team accomplishments in a TEAM SPORT than they do about the individual performance of players when it comes to evaluating QBs and other similar players. This contract that they signed him for is absolutely outrageous considering that he's been a top 5 worst QB in the league over the last 3 years

When will people understand that the jets have won recently in spite of Sanchez and not because of him? Dude had a great offensive line, great RBs, good receivers and great defense for the last 3 years and the jets barely made the playoffs (and didn't even make the playoffs last year because the defense and running game finally dipped and couldn't continue to carry him as they have for the last 3 years). Replace him with Brady/Brees/Manning/Rogers and the jets win 12-15 games every year last 3 years

When will people understand that football is a team sport and, for the love of god, stop evaluating QBs based on their team accomplishments?
    Get lost fairy

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

im a lifelong pats fan/season ticket holder

i personally have always thought sanchez blows.....and i agree in this case...the jets have won some games...in spite of sanchez...if sanchez was any good they wouldnt have been playing big playoff games on the road to begin with.....hes made some decent throws against a soft patriots zones with some good receivers to throw to....but if you look...two years ago they really struggled to even get into the playoffs...they barely won in cleveland and detroit(the cleveland game was a gift by mangini...he passed 3 downs in a row deep in his own territory instead of playing for a tie which he should have done) and barely got in with teams laying down against other teams for them to make it in......i think hes a pretty tough kid...and he comes back from some mistakes to make some plays...but hes not a franchise qb...the jets know it....i think they are just too proud to admit ...

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Typically QB's who turn out to be legends in New York City get to a point where they are in danger or threatened in losing the respect of their fellow teammates, the media and the fan base. Basically they are fighting for their jobs....and then all of a sudden they turn a corner and do something to show all their critics that they were meant to say. Eli Manning went through this his first four years also.

Giving him this long-term deal before he has proven himself to be able to escape the "fire" may be foolish by the NY Jets but maybe Sanchize really is the guy and can step his game up in the next few years.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    im a lifelong pats fan/season ticket holder

i personally have always thought sanchez blows.....and i agree in this case...the jets have won some games...in spite of sanchez...if sanchez was any good they wouldnt have been playing big playoff games on the road to begin with.....hes made some decent throws against a soft patriots zones with some good receivers to throw to....but if you look...two years ago they really struggled to even get into the playoffs...they barely won in cleveland and detroit(the cleveland game was a gift by mangini...he passed 3 downs in a row deep in his own territory instead of playing for a tie which he should have done) and barely got in with teams laying down against other teams for them to make it in......i think hes a pretty tough kid...and he comes back from some mistakes to make some plays...but hes not a franchise qb...the jets know it....i think they are just too proud to admit ...

"not franchise QB" = being way too nice

I think he's the absolute worst QB in the league among starters. To have that much talent in terms of RBs, WRs, Offensive line and defense and barely win 8 - 11 games a year is outrageous

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

wow Brahma....

This is your best thread/post ever...

Very impressed and I 100% agree with everything you stated above...

Well done...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I tried to nominate the OP but it said we encountered an error

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Why is everybody on sanchez's nuts??

Theres 15 qbs that are worst than him and nobody cares.

Oh, i know why they dont like him..
    Points Awarded:

nate turner gave King Mayan 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I'd love to see that list....

Unless of course your counting backups....

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

he was #30 in the league in QBR last year despite playing with one of the most talented teams in the league

bobby heenan
    Update your status

the jets "ahhh yeah...we were just doing our due dilligence on peyton...i mean you have to inquire about a legend/hall of famer like that who becomes available right? i mean who wouldnt?....but we really love mark and hes our guy...we know we can win with this guy"

riighhttt....

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4973

Mark Sanchez = Aaron Brooks

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

he was #30 in the league in QBR last year despite playing with one of the most talented teams in the league
    You need to check your stats homeboy.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

please be quite cause you dont have a clue I watched every snap last year as a die hard fan he never had more than 3 seconds to throw the ball............go look at the highlights especially the ravens gm

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    please be quite cause you dont have a clue I watched every snap last year as a die hard fan he never had more than 3 seconds to throw the ball............go look at the highlights especially the ravens gm
    i tend to agree with you...i think people overrate their offensive line play alot...mangold is a great center...i think ferguson is a good left tackle...but i dunno if hes truly elite....but hes solid...i think their offensive line play took a big step backwards last year from where they were the year before

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    what?? The qb needs a good O-line to succeed?? No way??

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

when will kerry stop making idiotic threads?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

They run the same fukking 3 step drop every play... He is what he is... He's a one read QB, and if his first read isn't their the play over or he's going to make a bad decision...

I really can't believe JETS fans still like this clown...

His only success was when their run game was so good with jones and green that the play action plays where wide open... and the defense gave him great field position to succeed...

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

jets 22nd in rushing; 20th in sacks allowed (40), ferguson allowing the most by far, 9.5..... but it's all sanchez fault.

cant get dumber than kerry/brahma.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    jets 22nd in rushing; 20th in sacks allowed (40), ferguson allowing the most by far, 9.5..... but it's all sanchez fault.

cant get dumber than kerry/brahma.

thats all good and well....but if you dont have a good feel for the rush and a pocket presence....a feel for when to get rid of the ball....its going to be like that in the nfl...

a prime tom brady is a great example of a guy who avoided sacks with a good pocket presence and footwork....peyton too...neither the most atheltic guys in the world....but they knew how to move and slide in the pocket and when to get rid of the ball.....sometimes a guy has to be able to help himself in that department

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

never watched a jets game?

sanchez' mobility saved them at least 20 additional sacks.

and peyton has no mobility whatsoever.... but he does have the quickest release in the entire league. most of his passes are gone within 3 seconds... whether a receiver is open or not.

brady just has great protection and all day to throw. but when he doesn't he sucks just like any other qb with no protection.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

and peyton has no mobility whatsoever.... but he does have the quickest release in the entire league. most of his passes are gone within 3 seconds... whether a receiver is open or not.

brady's just has great protection and all day to throw. but when he doesn't he sucks just like any other qb with no protection.
    again....theres a difference between pulling the ball down and taking off and finding somewhere to run.....and resetting yourself and moving a pocket so you can stand in and deliver a football to another option

whatever...you wanna keep defending an average qb....be my guest...what do i care

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Please....Sanchez is about as Mexican as you are. (which is zero %). You know I'm right, homeboy.

Sanchez blows. Romo exponentially better than this clown.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

bobby heenan
    Update your status

brady just has great protection and all day to throw. but when he doesn't he sucks just like any other qb with no protection.
    brady is renowned for having some of the best footwork in the league....and peyton does it well too...they both have a good feel for a pass rush too....some guys are able to see a pocket breaking down before it actually happens.....and some guys arent....if you think tom brady is just the benefit of some great offensive line play you are dead wrong....brady is able to move in the pocket and reset himself to make throws

again...there are tons of guys who have great arms....and are athletic....the difference between the elite guys and guys who are just in the league is the ability to process information quickly

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

again....theres a difference between pulling the ball down and taking off and finding somewhere to run.....and resetting yourself and moving a pocket so you can stand in and deliver a football to another option

whatever...you wanna keep defending an average qb....be my guest...what do i care
    again, you've never watched a jets game.

watch how many sacks sanchez avoided on this ****one**** drive alone:

but then again, arent you the same clown who got fired for using your real name in an attempt to defraud your own company in a craigslist ad?

so common sense isn't your strong suit.

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-28-14 at 01:49 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg

bobby heenan
    Update your status

again, you've never watched a jets game.

watch how many sacks sanchez avoided on this ****one**** drive alone:

but then again, arent you the same clown who got fired for using your real name in an attempt to defraud your own company in a craigslist ad?

so common sense isn't your strong suit.

wow...sanchez is a god...lookin at him avoiding sacks like a madman when he has to drive the jets like 80 yards for a touchdown with less than a minute left......hes in the hall of fame now!...the guy is the best!

that thread was a joke buddy..im gainfully employed
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-28-14 at 01:50 PM.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

seriously man i concede....that video shut me down......

mark sanchez is a guy who gets no help...does everything on his own....but tom brady is the product of getting great protection.....

i admit it....you win

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

wow...sanchez is a god...lookin at him avoiding sacks like a madman when he has to drive the jets like 80 yards for a touchdown with less than a minute left......hes in the hall of fame now!...the guy is the best!

that thread was a joke buddy..im gainfully employed
    That's the problem with you Sanchez haters.....That drive that crusty posted is beautiful and flawless by Sanchez but goes IGNORED to fit your agendas

Sanchez is the definition of inconsistent.....but he's been money in clutch situations (and the playoffs) his whole career.....gotta count for something, but I guess not?

And BTW.....please read this: Jets "re-signed" Sanchez but it really just gives them a lot more cap space for this season:

The fact, however, that Sanchez already was due to earn $17.75 million over the next two seasons has prompted one league source to characterize the move as a “lipstick and powder” deal.

For an extra $2.75 million, Sanchez gave the Jets three straight option years, allowing the team to keep him if he finally realizes his full potential — and to cut him without further investment after the 2013 season, the 2014 season, or the 2015 season.
    The contract also could be called a glorified restructuring.

Per a source with knowledge of the details, Sanchez’s $11.75 million base salary for 2012 has been converted to an $8 million signing bonus, a fully-guaranteed base salary of $3.25 million, and a $500,000 workout bonus.'

The move creates $6.4 million in 2012 cap space.
    Points Awarded:

crustyme gave MoneyLineDawg 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

King Mayan gave MoneyLineDawg 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

I think I speak for all Pats fans when I say:

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    I think I speak for all Pats fans when I say:

Mark Sanchez tosses 3 TDs against Pats as Jets soar into AFC title game

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Signing Sanchez is a conservative business strategy used by most owners in anything in life. QB is your bread and butter for leadership in the NFL. Do you challenge your infrastructure by selecting a new leader? Or do you stick with the tried and true and hope he turns into a solid Veteran? N.Y. Jets (just like most solid team owners) don't want to go backwards but rather try baby steps forward. It's not the best decision in the world... but it's a calculated one over time. We're not playing Madden 2012 on the PS3 here.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    That's the problem with you Sanchez haters.....That drive that crusty posted is beautiful and flawless by Sanchez but goes IGNORED to fit your agendas

Sanchez is the definition of inconsistent.....but he's been money in clutch situations (and the playoffs) his whole career.....gotta count for something, but I guess not?

And BTW.....please read this: Jets "re-signed" Sanchez but it really just gives them a lot more cap space for this season:

The fact, however, that Sanchez already was due to earn $17.75 million over the next two seasons has prompted one league source to characterize the move as a “lipstick and powder” deal.

For an extra $2.75 million, Sanchez gave the Jets three straight option years, allowing the team to keep him if he finally realizes his full potential — and to cut him without further investment after the 2013 season, the 2014 season, or the 2015 season.
    The contract also could be called a glorified restructuring.

Per a source with knowledge of the details, Sanchez’s $11.75 million base salary for 2012 has been converted to an $8 million signing bonus, a fully-guaranteed base salary of $3.25 million, and a $500,000 workout bonus.'

The move creates $6.4 million in 2012 cap space.
    my first reply in this post...i did say that i think sanchez is a pretty tough kid....that he bounces back from mistakes to make some plays....he has some resliency to him

but like you said...hes not consistent....and if he was the jets might have been playing some of those afc championship games at home...which is what you want...id rather have a guy thats going to be consistent.....the giants have shown that you can play some pretty crappy football over the course of the year and still make a run and win...but id rather have my number 1 seed and be home throughout the playoffs, like my patriots usually do, than have the tough road to hoe

weve all ready what profootballtalk had to report on the sanchez deal...

still...the guy is not something id want leading my football team....but if you are comfortable with him...god bless

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

I would love to see brady in a team with a shitty o-line and a lil guy not running lil 8 yard slants.

Guy would cry to giselle everynight..

bobby heenan
    Update your status

I would love to see brady in a team with a shitty o-line and a lil guy not running lil 8 yard slants.

Guy would cry to giselle everynight..
    musta forgot about the guy who was winning superbowls with jr redmond, kevin faulk, antowain smith, patrick pass,troy brown,david patten, david givens, jermaine wiggins......i could go on here....anyways...enjoy the mark sanchez era....im sure it will be very fruitful

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

my first reply in this post...i did say that i think sanchez is a pretty tough kid....that he bounces back from mistakes to make some plays....he has some resliency to him

but like you said...hes not consistent....and if he was the jets might have been playing some of those afc championship games at home...which is what you want...id rather have a guy thats going to be consistent.....the giants have shown that you can play some pretty crappy football over the course of the year and still make a run and win...but id rather have my number 1 seed and be home throughout the playoffs, like my patriots usually do, than have the tough road to hoe

weve all ready what profootballtalk had to report on the sanchez deal...

still...the guy is not something id want leading my football team....but if you are comfortable with him...god bless
    Mark Sanchez is overall average but improving.......My problem is that everyone acts like he's GOD-AWFUL which is like me saying he's an elite QB....Both are not true at all

I don't think Sanchez will ever be great, but I think he can be pretty good as an NFL QB, certainly good enough to win (Which they have already proven).....If not, The Jets can cut their losses pretty easily

Hey, speaking of the Giants, fans and NYC media were ready to run Eli out of town at about this point in his career......His stats vs Sanchez's stats during year 3 in the NFL are actually eerily similar

Eli Manning: 24 TD-18 INT....57.7 %.....3,244 yards

Mark Sanchez: 26 TD-18 INT.....56.7 %......3,474 yards (Also 6 rushing TD's)

1234 ... Last