princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    LOL "breaking news" this has
    been on the fourums for days if not weeks. Commented on it awhile ago.

Never going to happen, the money just isnt there. People think sportsbetting is some cash cow when in fact it is paltry in comparison to most other gambling revenues. Seriously, even if they could somehow handle a billion dollars, which they wont come close to, the hold would be around 50 million, how much of that can the state get in taxes? How much will the operators keep?

People act like every dollar bet is profit. If a place is offering -110 and isnt gambling (thus guaranteeing they stay in business) the handle on sports betting is miniscule. If they try and offer -120 no one will do it except for saps, and that will greatly diminish the handle and make it even less worth it.

If anything it is a ploy to get people back to the tracks that are in the shitter. Hollywood Park is about 2 inches from being razed and having condos and a strip mall replace it.

Internet and TV killed live players at the track. Takes 30 seconds to log into TVG and play without the traffic or worrying about getting mugged if you get a score. Other than Del mar or maybe Santa Anita there isnt a track around really worth going to for the 'experience'.
    A+
    Well said. Slight underestimation of revenue though. Remember OC has profited hugely over the years from booking bets, and there is a plethora of additional revenue streams that would see the light of day if legit sportsbetting shows up anywhere. (single team wagering of course).

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

The feds always step in to squash our hope.. Land of the free.... Sigh

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    Thats why i live in Calif. 80 degrees and 3 hour drive to vegas.
    A three hour drive from Vegas is not anywhere I would want to live.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Teaser, you forget im a latino, a wife doesnt stop the 10s...

if you dont like to talk about race, why do you always have comments regarding mexicans?

If you dont like illegals, move where they are none..like your black neighborhoods..
    you have mexicans/latinos living in the same neighborhood as black people.....so this statement isnt real accuate. Look at south central, blacks living amongst mexicans (ie: 104th and Normandie, etc...). And King Mayan you took my name bro..... Im the Mayan KING!!! Ive f*cked probably between 25-30 chicks from the Mayan (club) in downtown Los Angeles...no joke! My friends always joke with me, theyre like they should change the name of the Mayan (club) to the Manley (manley is my last name)....lol. Good times and hot slutty latin pussy at the Manley, oops i mean Mayan

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

The Yay area represent!

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10203

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    this means nothing even if passed

Nothing ever ends up getting through

NFL and Vegas stop everything
    Hate to break it to you but there is sportsbetting in Delaware.Parlays only but nonetheless sportsbetting.

First 12