BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

3/3 Martin 'Hitman' Kampmann +110

Wanted line to get better than +115 but has started to back a bit. His line should be -120 to -140 imo.

1 Unit Wager

I see Kampmann as the more well rounded fighter in this bout and getting plus money is bonus here boys. I think if he gameplans correctly he can use his very underrated wrestling and can dictate where he decides to out point Pitbull Alves for the decision.

Final card:
    Kampmann
    Mcgee
    Johnson/Noke (parlay)
    Thompson

As always, best of luck.
    Last edited by BIGDAY; 03-02-12 at 05:05 PM.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Cheers BIGDAY. I'm on Kampmann too. It's his fight if he can mix up the clinchwork, trip TDs, and use technical striking on the feet to keep Alves guessing and not allow Thiago to get a rhythm going with his MT.
    Time to $$$

Buuuuuuut where's your fight week video??? Your last one had a nice musical theme with a well-timed Canchez line thrown in. You really raised the bar!

dntbescaredhomie
    dntbescaredhomie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kampmann just said recently that he expects a standup war with Alves and doesnt plan taking it to the ground because Alves has great TDD and scrambles to the feet good and expects ALVES to go for the takedowns. Looks like history is going to repeat itself where Kampmann tries to cater with his opponents strengths.
    Alves to win because:
    1. Best striker in his division (Leg Strikes and knees second to none in division)
    2. Technical striking with KO power (which Kampmann lacks)
    3. Huge strength/size for 170 (Biggest 170'er)
    4. Amazing TDD Defense
    5. Great scrambling after taken down to the feet.
    6. Favors Alves in a 3 round fight

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Yes, because there's no such thing as gamesmanship.

Martin: Hey Thiago, I'm going to mix in clinching & TDs with the striking like I did in my last fight, okay?
    Thiago: Thanks for the gameplan, Martin!

If Thiago thinks it's going to be a standup war, all the better. As bad as Martin's fight IQ can be - just willing to stand in the pocket and engage in a firefight when he's getting repeatedly clipped - Alves is just as bad or worse, hanging with his back to the cage, just donating rounds to people.

Here Rick, please take the first two rounds...

This fight is about who gameplans the best, not who's the better talent. My money's on Martin. At least he showed me something cerebral last fight. Maybe it was a mirage; maybe not. I'm still waiting on Alves to do the same...

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

This is a close one. This fight could end in a split decision.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol, just a normal 1 unit wager so I didn't want to do an overly hyped up vid.

I just believe Kampmann should be slightly favored and am taking some +money.

GL

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pass

This one is going down

I can see Bigday very uncertain

Dave--M
    Dave--M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

originally going to play alves

i think im just goinmg to leave it now though

if it is a stand up war though i do expect thiago to take it. Kampman gets hit way way too much drew mcfredries was teeing off on kampman for fun as did daley and diego with his sloppy as hell striking was tagging kampman aswel. I then go and watch thiago and he really is the best striker at WW his fighbt with howard was a masterpiece his attack and his defence were absolutely perfect crisp combos straight down the pipe mixing up knees kicks and punches excellent slips and blocks and he can stand directly in the pocket and not even get hit. I think alves will beat any other striker in the division, id bet him against diaz and condit for sure because i know they couldnt take him down and wouldnt try to push him against the fence. Kampman on the other hand im not too sure

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

May Jesus Christ bless you biggday!

Tailing here

Cheers

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

alves is +434 itd at 5 dimes....even more by ko/tko...i think it`s less likely(obviously not impossible) that alves can outpoint kampmann without stopping him......if he`s actually landing power shots on a regular enough basis to get a decision,i`m guessing that he probably gets the stoppage...i don`t see alves out-grappling kampmann or just out-cardio-ing him like sanchez(iffy as that decision was).......alvez tries to finish guys...

but getting too particular can be costly...not sure i have the stones to go there...

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

agreed. bigday is uncertain here "LOL, just a normal 1 unit wager"

is bigday a twink now

cant follow him here i think hes unstable right now

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

BIGDAY,

Proud of ya, pal. This is a big step for you. Having your money on a non-wrestler shows some growth and maturity. Way to expand your horizons, cowboy!

Dave--M
    Dave--M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

reading my own post back is making me want to bet on alves lol
    Last edited by Dave--M; 03-02-12 at 08:40 AM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    BIGDAY,

Proud of ya, pal. This is a big step for you. Having your money on a non-wrestler shows some growth and maturity. Way to expand your horizons, cowboy!
    Trying to broaden my horizons.

However, I do hope to see Kampmann at some point try to get this fight to the ground. I don't think Alves's ground game is very impressive.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Dave--M View Post
    reading my own post back is making me want to be on alves lol
    Go with your gut man, I've lost plenty of wagers.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Trying to broaden my horizons.

However, I do hope to see Kampmann at some point try to get this fight to the ground. I don't think Alves's ground game is very impressive.
    I read an article that Alves gained almost 30 pounds within 3 hours after weigh in..not sure if this is good or bad for Kampmann, just wanted to pass along the info

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Just realized that the date is wrong in title. Leap year has me all fukked up.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just rewatched story v kamp and sanchez v kamp heres the deal..... Kampmann has shit head movement , he ate alot of shots from diego (not good) and story both guys damaged him. kampmann's gameplan has to be to clinch and use his wrestling (he wrestlefukked story impressive) I think theres a good chance pitbul can stop kampmann unless he has improved his head movement... Kampmann is one tough motherfukker he eats some big shots doesnt even blink. Good luck bigday im counting on pitbull by damage and landing power shots... There could be alot of countering in this one hope it isnt boring.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Kampmann in the first 7:30 of the Story fight = Death versus Alves.
    Kampmann in the last 7:30 of the Story fight = Winner 9/10 times against Alves.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    BIGDAY,

LOL I'm pretty sure the wrestling Kampmann displayed in his last fight influenced this play.

teaserpleaser

Yes im 100% sure pitbul will gas in the late 2nd & 3rd round but by that time the blood should be flowing from kampmann and the damage should be done. dont be surprised if it doesnt make it to the late 3rd though. Pitbull should find kampmans head often from what im seeing on tape.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

My gut has been telling me that Alves/Kampann doesn't ends inside the distance. Likely within first 2 rds. Probably 1st.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

I have 1u on Kampmann @ +115.

I used that +15 juice to buy Alves in Round 1 insurance @+675 which covers my entire bet.

I'm thinking either Martin uses a smart gameplan which will zap Alves of some power plus make him hesitant to throw kicks (TD) and hooks (engaging the clinch) OR Martin gets into a firefight right from the get-go which is pretty much a coinflip that he'll get TKOed by a fresh Alves so I'll take +675 if Martin goes full retard.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    My gut has been telling me that Alves/Kampann doesn't ends inside the distance. Likely within first 2 rds. Probably 1st.
    Got all your bases covered there.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Got all your bases covered there.
    Thank you, big homie.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Just rewatched story v kamp and sanchez v kamp heres the deal..... Kampmann has shit head movement , he ate alot of shots from diego (not good) and story both guys damaged him. kampmann's gameplan has to be to clinch and use his wrestling (he wrestlefukked story impressive) I think theres a good chance pitbul can stop kampmann unless he has improved his head movement... Kampmann is one tough motherfukker he eats some big shots doesnt even blink. Good luck bigday im counting on pitbull by damage and landing power shots... There could be alot of countering in this one hope it isnt boring.
    If you think he ate some shots in the Diego fight watch his fight against Daley

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Just realized that the date is wrong in title. Leap year has me all fukked up.
    I could have swore many places had this event listed as happening on the third. I just realized it's tonight and I'm glad I did before I missed it.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

It's March 3rd in Australia where it's being hosted; March 2nd for normal people

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Official FX Card fr tonight:

1unit Kampmann +110
    1unit Mcgee -125
    1unit Parlay Johnson -280 / Noke -270
    .5unit Thompson +185

Stupid mobile version wont let me edit my original post! GAY!!!

Anyway, like I said before, don't really love anything tonight so I'm not risking much. just going to sit back and hope for some entertaining fights.

Best of luck with your wagers.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Cash Kampmann!!!!

Wish I would have not added any of those other wagers I really didn't love anyway. 1-3 Losing day.

Hope a few got that plus money with Kampmann.

teaserpleaser

Lol Thiago had that i feel bad for him and know him well... But that was just stupid he had a brain fart.... I swear to god att has bad karma the worst things happen to that camp man.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Why the hell did Thiago want to take down the much better ground savy Kampmann in the end. Alves is not smart.

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

i got him at +144 3 minutes before the fight.

last week i got screwed by Boetsch and now got lucky with that miracle submission.

teaserpleaser

Att is cursed too much bad karma marcelo silvera and conan run with shady people (google them and drugs) liborio has bad karma from how things went down with carlson sr. a countless number of assholes in that camp im telling you its bad karma how else can you explain hermes franca, jz, thiago alves, jorge santiago, aaron riley, marcus aurelio, wilson gouvia, steve bruno and the list gos on and on none of them can become ufc champs and they choke in their biggest fights... Dan lambert the owner and money behind Att is a good dude..... Jeff monson din thomas. No wonder guys splitting

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Att is cursed too much bad karma marcelo silvera and conan run with shady people (google them and drugs) liborio has bad karma from how things went down with carlson sr. a countless number of assholes in that camp im telling you its bad karma how else can you explain hermes franca, jz, thiago alves, jorge santiago, aaron riley, marcus aurelio, wilson gouvia, steve bruno and the list gos on and on none of them can become ufc champs and they choke in their biggest fights... Dan lambert the owner and money behind Att is a good dude..... Jeff monson din thomas. No wonder guys splitting
    Lets not forget Thiago Silva!

12 Last