Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Carl Froch Goes in Front of British Boxing Board To Discuss Possible Fixing

For the 5 posters who are actually follow the sport, apparently Carl Froch told a BBC radio interview that he allowed fight back in 2005 to go to the fifth round before finishing it up, all to help out friends and family that had wagered on it I guess. I assume there are more cases like this that go on all the time. Worst that can happen is that Froch gets his license suspended, and is forced to fight entirely in United States

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/2/20...sh-boxing-news

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

As I said in the Chisora/Klit thread, this happens a lot hence why he's not bothered about saying it. David Haye openly admitted that family members had bet on him finishing Fraudley Harrison in the third round

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33516

Froch is a dumbass. Point shaving, or in this case round shaving, goes on all the time in many sports, but why the hell would you brag about it. Furthermore, if he was just having his people bet totals, they wouldn't have even been able to get much money down. Boxing totals for fights like that have pretty low limits.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Froch is a dumbass. Point shaving, or in this case round shaving, goes on all the time in many sports, but why the hell would you brag about it. Furthermore, if he was just having his people bet totals, they wouldn't have even been able to get much money down. Boxing totals for fights like that have pretty low limits.

A) Not if you get 5 different family members/friends to each walk in to a different paddypower shop, WilliamHill, Ladbrokes, betfred, Coral, or on BetFair exchange. Can easily make thousands each. Froch is a reasonably big name over here

B) Not just betting totals, betting on him winning in Round 5 or whatever

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33516

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    A) Not if you get 5 different family members/friends to each walk in to a different paddypower shop, WilliamHill, Ladbrokes, betfred, Coral, or on BetFair exchange. Can easily make thousands each. Froch is a reasonably big name over here

B) Not just betting totals, betting on him winning in Round 5 or whatever
    If he's betting round props the amount he could get down, even with spreading it among multiple shops, is even smaller, and it would be ultra suspicious. This is how the Aussies nailed Paul Briggs. Also, with only one fighter in on the ploy this could easirly blow up in the bettors' faces. Finally, while Froch might be a reasonably big name now, back then he was a prospect facing a club fighter/stepping stone. Right now WillHill & Betfair don't even have round props up for far bigger fights than that one that are taking place on Saturday.

Regardless of you post, I think the original point still stands that Froch is a dumbass.