biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 983

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post

You do know that two brothers took Proline for millions doing exactly what I'm doing, right?

lots of people took proline for alot of cash. Especially when there was no Toronto Raptors Basketball team. Not the 90's anymore.

Proline has smartened up. You can make a few dollars here and there. Unless Your running around all day getting down 20k, your wasting your time.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

Winning a lottery ticket does not a sports gambler make

icemaster47
    icemaster47's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2676

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    $976

DK+1/5 (5 tickets) $10 a ticket, $50 total
    60V Mississippi State
    65H Texas

52V LaSalle
    55H Richmond
    59T Auburn/Alabama
    61T Ohio State/Northwestern
    66V UNLV
    why no 51T?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Even if you didn't go 2 for 7 with these picks how do you expect to earn money doing this?
    DO you have running total of what you are down in 2012?
    Has anyone tallied up your results to try and show what a colossal waste of time this is?
    I can't reiterate with enough importance "What horrible betting advice you are providing for other members"
    Remember, before you start typing to me all angry, this is not an attack on you personally.
    It's simply stating my objection to you advising players that this is a way to win.
    It is not a winning method & you should be commended for, if anything, illustrating this in your thread.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Even if you didn't go 2 for 7 with these picks how do you expect to earn money doing this?
    DO you have running total of what you are down in 2012?
    Has anyone tallied up your results to try and show what a colossal waste of time this is?
    I can't reiterate with enough importance "What horrible betting advice you are providing for other members"
    Remember, before you start typing to me all angry, this is not an attack on you personally.
    It's simply stating my objection to you advising players that this is a way to win.
    It is not a winning method & you should be commended for, if anything, illustrating this in your thread.
    You literally have no idea what you're talking about. I'm up $337 in 2012. My best year was 2010 when I cleared $5974 but 2009 was solid as well bringing in $5145. 2008 brought in $3410 while 2011 was the weakest hovering around even. I don't have stats on how much I spent in 2007 because it was my first year and I didn't track it but I know I won at least $3855 overall so I'd say about $800 was profit.

Even without my numbers to support it, probability theory says that making +EV bets over the long run will earn you profit. If you have a problem with science, go somewhere else; this is hardly the place to debate it.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

$926

21H Hurricanes
    22H Staal

19U 5.5 Flyers/Islanders--20T Tavares/Giroux
    68H Illinois
    25T Flames/Coyotes
    72H Clemson
    76T Washington/South Carolina
    Last edited by dj_destroyer; 03-01-12 at 12:58 PM.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I don't debate science with imbeciles.
    Even without my numbers to support it, probability theory says that making +EV bets over the long run will earn you profit. If you have a problem with science, go somewhere else; this is hardly the place to debate it.
    This is also not true. This is just something you made up. You don't have any understand of the "Laws of Probability"

Hope you do better than 2 for 7 tonight!

gl

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

You don't know what you're talking about.

First, I went 3/7 you bozo.

Secondly, it's not like the normal grind. The Proline grind can last much longer because the wins are also much bigger. Furthermore, just because a play is +EV does not change it's probability; there are no locks or guarantees, just good looks. All you can do is make the smart play and let everything else work itself out.

Besides, if Mississippi State scores 2 more baskets, I profit $173 on the night.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I don't debate science with imbeciles.
    This is also not true. This is just something you made up. You don't have any understand of the "Laws of Probability"

Hope you do better than 2 for 7 tonight!

gl
    So wrong. See expected growth

DrIn$entive
    DrIn$entive's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi DJ destroyer,

Just curious, what has been the most "off" line that you have taken advantage of thus far, or have seen?

This thread got me interested into checking out my local gov run parlay tickets (minimum 2 teams). I never checked into them before because of their huge rip-off vig. Anyway they had the Denver line reversed against Portland on Wednesday, they had them at +2.5 and as a dog on the moneyline, when the WA line was Denver -3 and as a -145 favorite. I asked to ensure the line would be honored in case of an error, and was told yes, and it was!

Now I'm checking for "off" lines everyday!

Trying to be a shot-taker at online books is wrong, but at these rip-off vig lottery shops its all fair game!

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

$876

DK+1/6 (6 tickets) $10 a ticket, $60 total
    11H Hurricanes
    53H Iowa State

44T Louisville/Syracuse
    48T Temple/Fordham
    50V Washington State
    54V North Carolina
    12V Predators
    60T Louisiana Tech/Nevada

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

NC gonna kill Duke @ home.... I like it for a tie personally... .if it were in NC thatèd be different... also like the bama @ ole miss game for a tie

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

$816

3/4 (4 tickets) $8 a ticket, $32 total
    32V Virginia
    21U 5.5 Devils/Islanders
    33T Arizona/ASU
    35V California

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

hit a 6 teamer in point spread last night...

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

$784

3/5 (10 tickets) $5 a ticket, $50 total
    39T Central Michigan/Bowling Green
    40T Northern Illinois/Eastern Michigan
    42T Ball State/Western Michigan
    2V Sabres
    43V Gonzaga

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

$734

39H Arsenal
    4H Flyers

56T George Washington/Dayton
    57T Richmond/Lasalle
    59T NC Charlotte/St. Josephs
    60H Princeton
    64T Eastern Washington/Montana

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

You must be happy that baseball is going to resume shortly

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

You must be happy that baseball is going to resume shortly
    It's a known fact that only losers and air bettors bash people when they're down... because real investors know about downswings and the long-term picture.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

If you keep doing this & are honest about your picks and the results you will have run through the rest of that BR before the end of March.
    No doubt in my mind.
    You're assuming Im a losing bettor simply because I am questioning your method. I find that players whom are this sensitive & emotional are generally the losing bettors.
    Im not bashing you, I simply disagree with you.
    even if there were no tie involved in some of your bets you are looking at true odds of 8 to 1 to hit a 3 game parlay. With the tie option I believe your odds are over 24 to 1.
    I've been reading up on Romanov's post I couldn't agree with him more. Your expected growth at these odds is....I don't know if I can do this anymore.
    STOP TELLING PEOPLE TO BET PROLINE

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

7:1, 8:1, no difference really

chingo
    On Da Grind
    chingo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Dj,
    I'm not Bashing but I also disagree with your strategy and think your going no where here.

with a 1k bankroll for only proline. It won't hurt- try this method. JUST TRY IT AND SEE HOW IT GOES.
    $40.00 a ticket 3 team parlays (max no more then 3 teams). You've got 25 bets, unless Ur a really shitty sports bettor ull go broke. U'll win in the long run and profit nicely. Trust me on this one, try it and find out.... It's way better then what your doing right now and I'm sure everyone will agree.

Ur riduclous moneymaking 101 strategy is really really shittttttttty iits like 3 weeks in and ur down 300$. wasted time and no expected growth, really.

chingo
    On Da Grind

like how ur patient and not giving up. but you gotta see these leaks, that you don't see yourself. too much ego and pride..LOL

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

LOL one day jayvegas and chingo will realize how utterly stupid and retarded they are. Until then, I guess we just put up with their verbal diarrhea and try to avoid jumping on the "I told you so" bandwagon when they finally do come around to logic.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

who cares chingo has 2.99 in his bank account
    and asks others how to gamble, yet trolls you haha

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

$759

TK+1/3 (3 tickets) $10 a ticket, $30 total
    17H Pens
    17O 5.5 Leafs/Pens
    18H Malkin

66H Georgetown
    74T ASU/Stanford
    76T Texas Tech/Oklahoma State

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

wouldn't play georgetown but GL

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

$729

DK+1/4 (4 tickets) $10 a ticket, $40 total
    49H Alkmaar
    93H Clemson

52H Standard Liege
    87T Boise State/San Diego State
    95T Nebraska/Purdue
    32V Jets

chingo
    On Da Grind

you cashed like 2 of 60 tickets. holy **** man.
    stop being sturborn and realise your doing something wrong here.
    Your playing to many tickets, two tickets of 20$ of three team parlays is better.

chingo
    On Da Grind

Look at the paste your going in.
    Percentage your cashing in.
    Growth of bankroll.

just trying to help you man, stop being a fukin asshole and just listen for once

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

I'm being way less aggressive than Kelly... so I don't know what you're mad about. Have you ever hit rotation before? Sweeps can clear thousands or more. All you need is one good day to clear weeks of losing. I've been through far worst downswings than this and still emerged with profit.

I've also had many close days, but I haven't been whining about "coming close" or getting "backdoored" because I know the wins will come. Tonight could be a big night if Clemson can get it done. Simple as that. My edge on the game is +3.5%.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Driving to the Western Fair from St. Thomas to cash tickets doesnt make it worth it to me. I heard about those brothers from Ottawa that went around the country making millions. They were sued by the government. The ruling was that they were just gambling addicts that got lucky. I also saw one of the guys on the news before. His basement was full of Proline tickets in shoe boxes.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Ps. Its a good idea to keep the amount cashable at the store. Ull get id'd at the race track.

2nd. Id be interested in throwing down a proline challenge. We both scan or post photos of our tickets.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    Ps. Its a good idea to keep the amount cashable at the store. Ull get id'd at the race track.

2nd. Id be interested in throwing down a proline challenge. We both scan or post photos of our tickets.
    I never make a ticket that pays more than $1000... Anything under can be cashed at participating OLG retailers. I have a guy who often has 4k+ on hand so it's never a problem.

What's up with the challenge? You can see my results here, just compare for your own information. Or if you really want to make it about a competition, start a new thread.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chingo View Post
    Dj,
    I'm not Bashing but I also disagree with your strategy and think your going no where here.

with a 1k bankroll for only proline. It won't hurt- try this method. JUST TRY IT AND SEE HOW IT GOES.
    $40.00 a ticket 3 team parlays (max no more then 3 teams). You've got 25 bets, unless Ur a really shitty sports bettor ull go broke. U'll win in the long run and profit nicely. Trust me on this one, try it and find out.... It's way better then what your doing right now and I'm sure everyone will agree.

Ur riduclous moneymaking 101 strategy is really really shittttttttty iits like 3 weeks in and ur down 300$. wasted time and no expected growth, really.
    I must disagree on your strategy here. With the average odds at proline being 1.7 you'll only get a return of 5 to 1 (4.91 to be exact) on your investment. 1.7 is the best you'll get as you often see odds of 1.5/2 or 1.6/1.8

Baseball is near impossible to find line advantages as they'll take the game off the grid if the starting pitcher(s) change.

With all of prolines 'ties' you can't beat basketball or football.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

How can you be sued for being a gambling addict?

First 123456 ... Last