nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

any value in oscars???

Saturday, February 18, 2012 (Times shown in Eastern Standard Time)
    11:00p
    2012 Oscars - odds to Win Best Director

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist)
    </td> <td class=""> -500 <input value="8796754" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Martin Scorsese (Hugo)
    </td> <td class=""> +400 <input value="8759696" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Martin Scorsese (Hugo) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Alexander Payne (The Descendants)
    </td> <td class=""> +1200 <input value="8796757" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Alexander Payne (The Descendants) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Terrance Malik (Tree of Life)
    </td> <td class=""> +2500 <input value="8796756" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Terrance Malik (Tree of Life) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Woody Allen (Midnight in Paris)
    </td> <td class=""> +2500 <input value="8796755" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Woody Allen (Midnight in Paris) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

2012 Oscars - Odds to Win Best Picture

</td> <td> The Artist
    </td> <td class=""> 1/5 <input value="8802029" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on The Artist to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> The Descendants
    </td> <td class=""> 6/1 <input value="8791417" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on The Descendants to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> The Help
    </td> <td class=""> 10/1 <input value="8802028" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on The Help to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Hugo
    </td> <td class=""> 14/1 <input value="8759665" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Hugo to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> War Horse
    </td> <td class=""> 25/1 <input value="8749239" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on War Horse to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Moneyball
    </td> <td class=""> 40/1 <input value="8802030" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Moneyball to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
    </td> <td class=""> 50/1 <input value="8749240" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Midnight in Paris
    </td> <td class=""> 50/1 <input value="8749243" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Midnight in Paris to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> The Tree of Life
    </td> <td class=""> 75/1 <input value="8759664" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on The Tree of Life to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

2012 Oscars - Odds to Win Best Actor

</td> <td> George Clooney (The Descendants)
    </td> <td class=""> 5/9 <input value="8813192" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on George Clooney (The Descendants) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Jean Dujardin (The Artist)
    </td> <td class=""> 7/5 <input value="8817730" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Jean Dujardin (The Artist) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Brad Pitt (Moneyball)
    </td> <td class=""> 10/1 <input value="8817731" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Brad Pitt (Moneyball) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Gary Oldman (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy)
    </td> <td class=""> 25/1 <input value="8716475" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Gary Oldman (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Demian Bichir (A Better Life)
    </td> <td class=""> 50/1 <input value="8759686" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Demian Bichir (A Better Life) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

2012 Oscars - Odds to Win Best Actress

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Viola Davis (The Help)
    </td> <td class=""> 5/7 <input value="8807634" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Viola Davis (The Help) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady)
    </td> <td class=""> 11/10 <input value="8807633" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Michelle Williams (My Week With Marilyn)
    </td> <td class=""> 12/1 <input value="8802032" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Michelle Williams (My Week With Marilyn) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Glenn Close (Albert Nobbs)
    </td> <td class=""> 25/1 <input value="8749293" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Glenn Close (Albert Nobbs) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
    </td> <td> Rooney Mara (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo)
    </td> <td class=""> 25/1 <input value="8802031" name="lineID" title="Click to bet on Rooney Mara (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) to win straight up" class="checkbox-pos" type="checkbox">

</td> <td>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Never even heard of half those movies

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Jean Dujardin is -102 at Pinny it's mind boggling usually guy who wins SAG award goes on to win the Oscar and I've seen both movies with George Clooney who is -115 and can't see Dujardin losing.

Also Meryl Streep +111 as well gut feeling she's due for a win here they always shun her but hard since she's against a black chick and you know the race card is brought up and whenever there's a chance for a black girl to win they'll give it to her.

The Artist should get a lot of awards that night
    Last edited by CanuckG; 02-13-12 at 02:35 AM.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

good feedback canuck

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Got the help at 25-1 back when.No value now. Jean D is still a good bet..Take it,its already falling since the globes and SAG

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Nope.. No value

CanuckG

Dujardin -110 now

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Bet the house on Tree of Life Best Cinematography

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

how the hell the artist is fav over descendants or tinker taylor spy which isnt even nominated is baffling to me.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    how the hell the artist is fav over descendants or tinker taylor spy which isnt even nominated is baffling to me.
    How is it not? Have you seen either films?

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    How is it not? Have you seen either films?
    Why would I make such a statement if I had not seen all 3.........

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post

Why would I make such a statement if I had not seen all 3.........
    Then you would know why The Artist are heavy favourites. You know the the Oscars are predictable and the voters love these foreign films especially one that is silent which don't come around often. Gives the perception that the voters actually have a global taste in films. Also, The Artist winning best film could possibly make up for Dujardin possibly not winning best actor as we all know everyone has a hard on for Clooney.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Pretty lame board this year. Jean and Viola seem to be the steam plays right now but both races are up in the air. The other big ones seem to be wrapped up. Longshots? It looks like its going to win but I hated Rango, Puss in Boots 15/1 worth a few bucks. Decendents could be upset for screenplay, went Hugo at 7/1.

Nismo
    Nismo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4344

Got a lot of The Help at +2000 a little ExtremleyLoud at +5000

Domer
    have a blessed day
    Domer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

viola davis should be an easy winner. she won both awards voted on by americans, and got a standing ovation both times. plus the help was really a phenomenon this year.

i doubt if even half the academy voters have seen the iron lady, its a rubbish film.

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

The Descendants to win adapted screenplay is -335 at Bookmaker. That has value. It won the Writers Guild today and virtually every other major screenplay award. It should be -1500 minimum.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Kindof like superbowl bridge jumpers alot of the huge favorites are virtual shoo-ins to win with the long shots having no chance (i.e. you won't be seeing any fluke first score safeties)...

As close to free money as you can get...

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

bafta , sag , golden globe , cannes .

clooney has no chance .
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-13-15 at 12:31 PM. Reason: image does not exist

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

I haven't seen any of those movies.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Kindof like superbowl bridge jumpers alot of the huge favorites are virtual shoo-ins to win with the long shots having no chance (i.e. you won't be seeing any fluke first score safeties)... As close to free money as you can get...
    If this is a general statement I'd be careful because I've made good money on longshots in spots (had a couple hundred on Alice in Wonderland +600 last year, how many wrote off esperanza spalding at +10000 as having no chance.) but if your talking specifically about this year I agree there seems to be more chalk than usual. A good way to attack this is getting into office pools and such. Most people won't look at the odds and you can clean up with all the heavy chalk. I won my office pool and a radio station Grammy and Oscar contest last year doing this.

I just took a good look at the categorys for the first time. I really loved Hugo and I'm trying to find a place for it to score an upset but I now see everyone is expecting Decendents to win screenplay. I'm buying that back and loading up on Cinematography instead at 7/1. Artist seems to have value in costumes though at +130. I'm on Viola and skipping Actor. I'm bridgejumping Supporting actor because 5dimes is offering a fair price ONLY -2500. Not usually my thing but I haven't seen one person pick anyone else ever seems like a Heath Ledger lock to me.

Also where are the Razzie odds?

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by darko3131 View Post

If this is a general statement I'd be careful because I've made good money on longshots in spots (had a couple hundred on Alice in Wonderland +600 last year, how many wrote off esperanza spalding at +10000 as having no chance.) but if your talking specifically about this year I agree there seems to be more chalk than usual. A good way to attack this is getting into office pools and such. Most people won't look at the odds and you can clean up with all the heavy chalk. I won my office pool and a radio station Grammy and Oscar contest last year doing this.

I just took a good look at the categorys for the first time. I really loved Hugo and I'm trying to find a place for it to score an upset but I now see everyone is expecting Decendents to win screenplay. I'm buying that back and loading up on Cinematography instead at 7/1. Artist seems to have value in costumes though at +130. I'm on Viola and skipping Actor. I'm bridgejumping Supporting actor because 5dimes is offering a fair price ONLY -2500. Not usually my thing but I haven't seen one person pick anyone else ever seems like a Heath Ledger lock to me.

Yea, it was more a statement of where to start looking as I wasn't arguing that you could blindly bet chalk and make money... But if you do a little homework in pricing things like these and pick your spots there is often money (relative to the limits) to be made and my experience is it usually isn't with the long shots...

Currently I think I've got about 4 or 5 bets made and will probably make a couple more but it would be pointless to share them as half the battle is finding the best market price...

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

i can't remember the last time anything other than the favorite or second choice won a major category. with so many dead on voter polls there really aren't many upsets, the year crash won best picture the odds had dropped pretty low by the weekend of the awards so if its going to happen you will see some kind of drop in odds when a poll or story comes out. back in 2000 i remember they took everything off the board the week of the awards when one of the polls came out it was basically a done deal and since then its been chalk city. oscar betting was looser way back than it is now they have tightened up the odds in a big way the last 10 years.

that being said i am taking a shot with hugo for best picture and maybe a loooooong shot with melissa mccarthy for supporting actress

LVHerbie

Although I will add that the only plus money bet I made was on Clooney at +125 and not sure how much I'm liking it given the discussion here and elsewhere...

CWD
    Update your status

beefcake
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by darko3131 View Post

Yeah I was thinking the same thing! Razzies!

beefcake
    Update your status

I really cant believe a golden globe winner in Williams is now over 30-1 at some markets to win Actress.Has that ever happened? Maybe
    Davis and Streep split the vote and Michelle pulls off an all-time stunner.?

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    I really cant believe a golden globe winner in Williams is now over 30-1 at some markets to win Actress.Has that ever happened? Maybe
    Davis and Streep split the vote and Michelle pulls off an all-time stunner.?
    she is 60-1 at the greek right now and 18-1 at intertops

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Surprised bovada doesn't have razzies. BetED used to offer them. Still pissed they split.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

hugo for best picture is the only huge long shot I see with a chance in major categories..

CWD
    Update your status

found some razzie odds from a movie site so not officially from an online book but boy these were some bad movies

Jack And Jill 5/4
    Bucky Larson 9/2
    Breaking Dawn Part 1 11/2
    Transformers Dark Side Of The Moon 8-1
    New Years Eve 9-1

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    Surprised bovada doesn't have razzies. BetED used to offer them. Still pissed they split.
    I read they are now annoucing nominations on Oscar night and waiting for April Fool's day to give out the awards...

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

makes sense about the razzies.

a few more categories are up now. does paradise lost take best doc with the wm3 being released?

Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory +120
    Pina +175
    Undefeated +250
    Hell And Back Again +600
    If A Tree Falls: ASOTELF +1000

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Boscoe View Post
    makes sense about the razzies.

a few more categories are up now. does paradise lost take best doc with the wm3 being released?

Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory +120
    Pina +175
    Undefeated +250
    Hell And Back Again +600
    If A Tree Falls: ASOTELF +1000
    you would think an hbo doc would get an emmy kind of a joke its nominated for an oscar

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Played the Artist dude to get best actor at 8/11

brumbies
    sail close to the wind
    brumbies's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7484

lol The Adventures of Tintin not even nominated for best animated feature despite winning the Globes.

12 Last