beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I think we are going to see a major upset in the 2nd tier awards,just not sure which..

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    I think we are going to see a major upset in the 2nd tier awards,just not sure which..
    I like War Horse to upset for sound editing and a part of me still think Descendants or Hugo can upset for best flick. Artist blazed thru the film fests and awards, but it wasn't that long ago that Descendents was the favorite. Hugo with 11 nominations has to count for something, but I think the lack of acting noms will kill its chances.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

I think Best Director could have a potential upset.....

CanuckG

Film Editing Hugo +175

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

These are the worst Oscars ever. 3 Actors that should've made the nominees for best actor: Fassbender in Shame, Gosling in Drive, Shannon in Take Shelter. How does Brad Pitt and Clooney make the list instead of these guys? Oh yeah, they made the most money.

Paradise lost 3 +140
    Important story, the favorite with value.
    A Separation for Screenplay +3000
    They got best foreign film locked, so maybe the academy gives them some more love?
    Sound mixing Dragon Tattoo +800
    I just remember an interview with the guy from nine inch nails in the studio, it was pretty cool so worth a shot.
    Jonah Hill +10000?
    I know Plummer is a huge favorite for the supporting actor because he's a legend, but Hill is Jewish (no offense) and gave out a solid performance. Worth 10 bucks to make 1k?
    Jessica Chastain +5000
    Viola Davis will win best actress for The Help, maybe they show some love to the white women in this category from the same movie.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Hugo for best picture isn't a bad choice, this Oscars is between Hugo and The Artist, how many people actually went to see this black and white, mute movie? I saw it, it was on it's knees begging for an Oscar. It's a film critics wet dream, but isn't this event supposed to be about the public?
    Last edited by JOHON8; 02-25-12 at 11:24 PM.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Great words about Chastain and Woody Allens chances from Roger Ebert.
    http://www.rogerebert.com/apps/pbcs....CARS/120129987

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    These are the worst Oscars ever. 3 Actors that should've made the nominees for best actor: Fassbender in Shame, Gosling in Drive, Shannon in Take Shelter. How does Brad Pitt and Clooney make the list instead of these guys? Oh yeah, they made the most money.

Paradise lost 3 +140
    Important story, the favorite with value.
    A Separation for Screenplay +3000
    They got best foreign film locked, so maybe the academy gives them some more love?
    Sound mixing Dragon Tattoo +800
    I just remember an interview with the guy from nine inch nails in the studio, it was pretty cool so worth a shot.
    Jonah Hill +10000?
    I know Plummer is a huge favorite for the supporting actor because he's a legend, but Hill is Jewish (no offense) and gave out a solid performance. Worth 10 bucks to make 1k?
    Jessica Chastain +5000
    Viola Davis will win best actress for The Help, maybe they show some love to the white women in this category from the same movie.
    agree with paradise lost 3 and the actor category

Domer
    have a blessed day
    Domer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

funny because Paradise Lost 3 and Jonah Hill are his two worst bets in that otherwise solid list of longshots

the thing with Paradise Lost 3 is it just wasn't very good, which makes it difficult for me to agree that its a favorite

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by Domer View Post
    funny because Paradise Lost 3 and Jonah Hill are his two worst bets in that otherwise solid list of longshots

the thing with Paradise Lost 3 is it just wasn't very good, which makes it difficult for me to agree that its a favorite
    movie has good timing though......don't agree with Jonah Hill but I agree that Ryan Gosling should of had a nom.

CanuckG

Not sure if this guy is bsing but saw an article where he talked to a lot of the oscar voters and said George Clooney wins..

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

v-davis to win best actress, juan to win best actor, the artist to win for best directed.

yesterday on sbg global davis was still at -150, and i missed betting on her i was waiting intill today. now they took all of the oscar props off the board since last night. pissed me off.
    but no doubt imo davis is going to win for best actress, and -150 was such great value.
    you could bet on juan to win best actor but the odds are kind of bad, same of the artist winning best directed, but again the odds are bad.
    but i almost sure, 100 percent sure all of those will be winners.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Not sure if this guy is bsing but saw an article where he talked to a lot of the oscar voters and said George Clooney wins..
    have to disagree with you here, a-lot of people like clooney, and he has the name obviosuly, but the acaemdy awards will be in love with the artist, the artist is going to dominate the night tonight, i will be shocked if they don't give it to jaun shocked.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post

have to disagree with you here, a-lot of people like clooney, and he has the name obviosuly, but the acaemdy awards will be in love with the artist, the artist is going to dominate the night tonight, i will be shocked if they don't give it to jaun shocked.
    agreed

beefcake
    Update your status

Moneyball for best adapted screenplay...+650!

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Sasha Baron Cohen just about got kicked out for pouring fake ashes (Kim Jong Il's)from an urn all over Ryan Seacrest. Security stepped in and moved him on. Loved it. Seacrest is a total f\*g.

beefcake
    Update your status

Awesome!

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

worth a fortune.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33110

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    The Descendants to win adapted screenplay is -335 at Bookmaker. That has value. It won the Writers Guild today and virtually every other major screenplay award. It should be -1500 minimum.

nice call

CanuckG

so happy meryl won

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by darko3131 View Post
    I really loved Hugo and I'm trying to find a place for it to score an upset but I now see everyone is expecting Decendents to win screenplay. I'm buying that back and loading up on Cinematography instead at 7/1. Artist seems to have value in costumes though at +130. I'm on Viola and skipping Actor. I'm bridgejumping Supporting actor because 5dimes is offering a fair price ONLY -2500. Not usually my thing but I haven't seen one person pick anyone else ever seems like a Heath Ledger lock to me.
    HUGOOOOOO at +700 Loved that movie and so glad I took a second look at the minor categories. What a way to start the show on Cinematography, I was even expecting the win even though it was a big dog- strong gut feeling why would a beautiful looking movie like that with the most nominations lose to something like The Tree of Life?

Everything else a wash for me, would have been better if the Viola steam led to a win but whatever. Now the question is after hitting them for the max will 5dimes or bookmaker bring the hammer down and cut my limits?

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

meryl will win again next year , all the actresses should go for sex change .
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CanuckG

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

I can't believe I didn't take Undefeated, a 2nd look made it so obvious this doc would win the Oscar. Overall I feel sick, I throw about a bill per year on massive underdogs in this crappy event.

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

What were the odds on Undefeated? I didn't have the time to research the docs and skipped over those categories but I see what your saying. Just seeing the nominees during the show I said to myself I think something in there is the heavy chalk but (again, gut feeling) Undefeated is taking this. Was kicking myself on that one.

Blackroc78
    Blackroc78's Avatar Become A Pro!

First 12