C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Eagles/Vick can't win the super bowl

Eagles still can't win the super bowl dream team and all.

VICK WILL NEVER WIN A SUPER BOWL. You know why?

1) He admitted he's the last guy to practice and the first guy to leave. Most super bowl winning quarterbacks are the first guy to practice and the last guy to leave... leaders. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Warner make the guys around them BETTER. Vick was saying he had no receivers back in Atlanta when he had Roddy White! Of course Roddy White wasn't any good back then, he didn't have a quarterback!

Has Vick ever had a receiver outperform his expectations? Look at the other QB's. Brady made Gronk, Eli made Steve Smith & Victor Cruz, Brees made Marques Colston and Jimmy Graham. Who did Vick made? Did he ever have an undrafted non highly touted receiver outperform and go to the pro bowl? You can dumb down an offense as much as you want but he's still not a very good quarterback running threat and all.

2) Vick admitted he never watches film. The real reason is because he's lazy and he's too busy doing other things (killing dogs), but his excuse was "no defense ever plays me the same anyway". The best QB's watch film religiously. The Mannings, Brady, Rodgers are always looking at screen shots on the sidelines never mind watching film during the week.

3) He can't call audibles. It goes back to A) Not practicing hard B) Not watching film C) Having a low IQ.

4) He can't stay healthy. How many times has Vick played 16 games in a season?

5) He wars down late in the year. All of those un needed hits add up and slow him down.

6) Vick is less effective in cold/on grass which is where playoff games are often played.

7) His age. Vick already lost a step and it will only get worse.

8) Bad character poor choices. How the heck do you go bankrupt after making 100 million dollars? It's really all about the money and some cool sports center highlights with this guy. When things go wrong it's everybody elses fault. Ron Mexico? Weed-er bottle? Dog killing. The guy is dumb as bricks.

Eagles management should have been fired for giving this guy the big bucks and a long term contract. He's the injury riddled basketball player who wins the dunk contest but barley deserves to be in the starting lineup. He's the baseball player who hits .215 but 30 home runs. Andy Reid runs the most QB friendly offense in the league, with good talent but they won't win. Vick could run up his stats versus an old/slow defense like the redskins but he can't out duel the elite quarterbacks and he's done poorly vs strong defenses and in particular late in the year.

Sorry Eagles fans Maybe you will draft a real QB when Vick quits or goes back to jail. Might as well dump Vick now and try and get some money back. For now just hate hate hate on the Giants, Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, Ravens and the other teams that have actually won something in the last 50 years.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Shut-up.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Eagles have never and will probably never win a super bowl. Just how life is Eagle fans know this. They have dealt with it for uh how long that franchise been around

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

All them points might have been true when he was with Atlanta but if I remember correctly Vick has started to study flim more then anyone else who plays for the Eagles. If all this was true dont you think Andy would be smart enough to keep Kolb and trade Vick? Come on bro no NFL coach is that dumb. Not saying that Vick or the Eagles will win a SB anytime soon but I would be surprised if the last to practice and first to leave and doesn't flim is true.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan1122 View Post
    if I remember correctly Vick has started to study flim more then anyone else who plays for the Eagles. If all this was true dont you think Andy would be smart enough to keep Kolb and trade Vick?
    What has Kolb done in Arizona?

What if nobody wanted Vick for a "reasonable price"? It takes two to tango. Yeah some team might have offered a 3rd round pick. So if Andy Reid trades Vick for a 3rd round pick, how angry do you think his fan base would be? Ahhh but that's a bogus argument, Vick would certainly be worth more than a 3rd round pick right? What crappy team trades a high 1st round pick for an unsigned 30 year old mobile quarterback with obvious baggage issues? So some crappy team trades a 1st rounder hoping in 3-4 years they have a good team, Vick stays healthy, and Vick doesn't slow down? Andy Reid kept Vick because he had to. The Eagles run their team like a business. Kolb is younger and got more trade bait.

Vick did start watching film, it took him nearly a decade to do that. Do you think he watches as much film as Brady/Manning/Manning/Brees/Rodgers? Do you think he understands what he sees or he's going through the motions? Have you ever seen him looking at the defensive formations on the sidelines?

Bet all your money on the Eagles, they won't win with this cast of characters. I'd bet that crybaby Desean wants a passing QB back that can get him the ball. There's no excuse why he caught under 60 balls this year and why he had less than 50 last year.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

if vick was healthy for just one more quarter this season (4th quarter vs atl), they make the playoffs over your sb champ giants

you are right... he cant stay healthy though

dlunc3

its a shame the cheating pats stole the sb from mcnabb/reid/ and this city... went from winning at halftime to out the door as pats knew exactly what the eagles were doing

at least we have the same amount of rings as them since

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All them points might have been true when he was with Atlanta but if I remember correctly Vick has started to study flim more then anyone else who plays for the Eagles. If all this was true dont you think Andy would be smart enough to keep Kolb and trade Vick? Come on bro no NFL coach is that dumb. Not saying that Vick or the Eagles will win a SB anytime soon but I would be surprised if the last to practice and first to leave and doesn't flim is true.
    BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vick is a top 5 QB in league..so hard to stop when healthy

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vick is a top 5 QB in league..so hard to stop when healthy

Vick's a lot better in Philly than he was in Atlanta. However, I don't see how he can be a top 5 QB in this league when he gets hurt so much. Got to stay on the field. He was overrated in Atlanta, but starting to reach his potential now.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Fuk Vick and Fuk the Eagles

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    love the angry cowgirl fans

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vick won't stand in the way of the Eagles winning Superbowl. It's not like that team had Vick for the last 60+ years. If that coach has half a brain, he'll start game planning around Shady Mccoy. Sick talent.

Mriceyman
    Mriceyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2373

I thought the reason was gona be because hes black

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    Proving once again how intelligent your fans are, did you come up with that all by yourself genius? Eagles are gonna win the title next year, we had the talent to win it this year if the fukking defense didnt give 3 games away, and two of those give aways were against playoff teams. We trashed the falcons and niners and just blew it, fukking gave it to them, shame to waste a season away like that.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Proving once again how intelligent your fans are, did you come up with that all by yourself genius? Eagles are gonna win the title next year, we had the talent to win it this year if the fukking defense didnt give 3 games away, and two of those give aways were against playoff teams. We trashed the falcons and niners and just blew it, fukking gave it to them, shame to waste a season away like that.
    Early in the season, I was pissed that the Giants won't be able to cash in on this division because it was obvious the NFC East was weak this year, well, not pissed anymore!

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by Mriceyman View Post
    well that's a big part of it too of course

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

every single point in the op comes from this simple conclusion

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

vick is not elite just average, he always fukks up in the playoffs just like his butt buddy mcnabb

he doesnt get the calls because most refs are cops and they hate dog killers

POCKET PASSERS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!
    Last edited by Scorpion; 02-06-12 at 11:59 PM.

Ethan1122

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    What has Kolb done in Arizona?

What if nobody wanted Vick for a "reasonable price"? It takes two to tango. Yeah some team might have offered a 3rd round pick. So if Andy Reid trades Vick for a 3rd round pick, how angry do you think his fan base would be? Ahhh but that's a bogus argument, Vick would certainly be worth more than a 3rd round pick right? What crappy team trades a high 1st round pick for an unsigned 30 year old mobile quarterback with obvious baggage issues? So some crappy team trades a 1st rounder hoping in 3-4 years they have a good team, Vick stays healthy, and Vick doesn't slow down? Andy Reid kept Vick because he had to. The Eagles run their team like a business. Kolb is younger and got more trade bait.

Vick did start watching film, it took him nearly a decade to do that. Do you think he watches as much film as Brady/Manning/Manning/Brees/Rodgers? Do you think he understands what he sees or he's going through the motions? Have you ever seen him looking at the defensive formations on the sidelines?

Bet all your money on the Eagles, they won't win with this cast of characters. I'd bet that crybaby Desean wants a passing QB back that can get him the ball. There's no excuse why he caught under 60 balls this year and why he had less than 50 last year.
    I almost didn't post again because of how stupid this post was. Maybe you are just forgetful but who came in 2nd in MVP voting last year to Tom Brady? Your telling me a team like Washington or Miami wouldn't give up a 1st for him?

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Eagles are gonna win the title next year,
    wait...did I miss Andy Reid getting fired?

jjgold

Eagles were best team in football the last 4 games

Superbowl Line

Giants -2 over Eagles right now

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why do people always bring up dog fighting up like it has anything to do with football? STFU

jjgold

Vick is a king

Big year coming for Phila

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

I think the last mobile quarterback to win the super bowl was Steve Young.

Michael Vick, Cam Newton and Tim Tebow are out of the question when betting their team to win the super bowl.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    wait...did I miss Andy Reid getting fired?
    I been wanting that for a few years now, as long as they hand the team over to marty.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I thought so also, but he still wasted his time with a complete filth riddled speech full of things he knows nothing about.

Ethan1122

I been wanting that for a few years now, as long as they hand the team over to marty.
    You want Marty to run this team? I don't even think he is a good Offensive coordinator

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marty Fuked up in Detriot. Doubt he would do any better in Philly.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30294

What is up with all the Eagles threads on this board, most of any team I think that I have seen?

MC PICKS
    Update your status

You want Marty to run this team? I don't even think he is a good Offensive coordinator
    So you didnt like the 500 yards of offense he had this team putting up week in and week out for the most part? This is the best offense in pro football when clicking on all cylinders, marty is a great play caller. I still cant believe they are bringing castillo back to run the defense, i guess they didnt learn their lesson from last year, if we miss the playoffs again andy will be fired no doubt, lurie already gave out the ultimatum.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    What is up with all the Eagles threads on this board, most of any team I think that I have seen?
    Its cause philadelphia is the best sports town in america, got the best sports complex, the nicest stadiums and all the top athletes want to come here to play, parades are coming this year and maybe more then one. And not to mention the best fans in the world second to none.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    if vick was healthy for just one more quarter this season (4th quarter vs atl), they make the playoffs over your sb champ giants

you are right... he cant stay healthy though
    Vick came into the league in 2001.

He played 9 years and missed 2 in jail.

He played 16 games in exactly 1 season.

He played in 10+ games 6 times in 11 possible seasons or 55% of the time

He turns 32 this year, do you think he will be more healthy or less healthy in the next 3-4 years before his career ends?

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    Vick's a lot better in Philly than he was in Atlanta. However, I don't see how he can be a top 5 QB in this league when he gets hurt so much. Got to stay on the field. He was overrated in Atlanta, but starting to reach his potential now.
    Vick isn't better, he's just in a very QB friendly Andy Reid offense. What QB's have failed under Reid? Mcnabb, Garcia, Feeley, Detmer, Kolb, Vick all had success under Reid? Who didn't? They traded AJ Feely to Miami for a 2nd rounder.

Vick was overrated in Atlanta and he's overrated in Phila.

7 wins, 6 losses,
    18TD - 14 INT

Those are bum numbers considering how much talent he had this year. Vick got paid and he quit.

C-Gold

I almost didn't post again because of how stupid this post was. Maybe you are just forgetful but who came in 2nd in MVP voting last year to Tom Brady? Your telling me a team like Washington or Miami wouldn't give up a 1st for him?
    How many teams want a 31 year old mobile QB who can't finish a season due to injuries and wanted a fat new contract? Most teams want a leader they can build a team around. Your QB should be the hardest worker on the team not a slacker. Washington has a new GM not named Dan Snyder. South Beach is a horrible place for Vick.

You don't believe me? Every team in the league had a chance to pick Vick up for FREE when he got out of jail and nobody bit until Phila owner agreed to sign off on him. Vick was basically black balled two years ago and now you think some team is going to send a high 1st round pick for him and pay him 100 million for a 31 year old running QB?

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I thought so also, but he still wasted his time with a complete filth riddled speech full of things he knows nothing about.
    I bet big against the "dream team" this year and cashed in on Eagles UNDER futures. Easy money.

123 Last