Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Yeah,

The King got buried by a bunch of geeks that have to lift weights and pretend to be fighters just to gain respect...

Anybody that jocks these unathletic steroid monsters is a dork...

You guys cherish a bunch of losers...
    Can't believe we have this celebrity posting on the forum...

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Yeah,

The King got buried by a bunch of geeks that have to lift weights and pretend to be fighters just to gain respect...

You mad?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Yeah,

You guys are getting trolled by a sheltered wannabe conservative, that can't fight for shit and had to change his sbr handle out of embarrassment..

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Basketball and MMA are two different sports. What does Jon Jones's inability to make a D-2 basketball team have anything to do with his MMA career?Flawed argument from an ignorant person
    Exactly. It's like saying Michael Jordan couldn't even play professional Baseball... so that means he also sucked at Basketball.

Also, not sure how many of you know this but Jon Jones older brother is in the NFL and his younger brother is going to enter the NFL 2012 draft. His entire family are great athletes. Jon chose MMA as his sport.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    pretend ?
    Thanks for proving my point...

This is the reason Condit doesn't have a nice house...

Why would Dana White give any of these guys money when he can come to SBR and get his next superstar...

This is what the King gets for trying to explain "supply and demand" to a bunch of meatheads

Educ8d Degener8

Let's all just stop feeding this pleb, and let him starve to death.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Why would Dana White give any of these guys money when he can come to SBR and get his next superstar...

This is what the King gets for trying to explain "supply and demand" to a bunch of meatheads
    The King is giving us a lesson is Basic Economics 101. I suggest everyone start taking notes.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

You guys are getting trolled by a sheltered wannabe conservative, that can't fight for shit and had to change his sbr handle out of embarrassment..

True engsiwon or whatever it was guy is trolling for sure

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Everyone report him

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    True engsiwon or whatever it was guy is trolling for sure
    Teaser go eat mcdonalds, play videogames, read a conservative website, look at gambling numbers all day... Stop trying to take Anderson Silvas job you meathead.

teaserpleaser

I wont go into my background if you think im pretending or whatever its okay but ask about me the ug or fight finder me and you'll see 7 fights a few with ufc vets I did this shit since 96 before there was even a fightfinder before there was a commision. If your ever in so cal hit me up I'll take you to some real mma gyms we'll see if you respect mma'ers after that. I dont care if you believe me or not im past that chapter of my life I may teach a few privates or roll just to stay in shape these days I dont love it anymore.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

The two fights I've seen on fox and fx have lasted like 1 minute, if anything these guys are overpaid. At least boxing gives us more then 1-2 minutes of action..

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    The two fights I've seen on fox and fx have lasted like 1 minute, if anything these guys are overpaid. At least boxing gives us more then 1-2 minutes of action..
    Go to the bar and watch Condit/Diaz when it's on and you'll see exactly why so many of us are fanatic about MMA. If you've only seen the Cain/JDS and Miller/Guillard fights then you're missing out.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Teaser go eat mcdonalds, play videogames, read a conservative website, look at gambling numbers all day... Stop trying to take Anderson Silvas job you meathead.

Those days are over how did you know I was a 185 er??? Now im 238 last I checked too many trips to woody's bbq still solid tho mcdonalds mayan havent had that slop in 5 months hate conservatives but listen to kfi

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

They put the cart b4 the horse.

Training is expensive, and u have to sacrifice any normal earnings. Unless you're an NCAA wrestling champ or a Golden Gloves champ, it's a pretty stupid route to pursue. At least financially. 1 in 1000 will find it to be a good economic move.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post
    Even the ones making millions are paying a ton of people and usually a gym or two.
    exactly. Costs are heavy.

Not like these guys are fighting for boxing-purses of $40 Million.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    They put the cart b4 the horse.

Training is expensive, and u have to sacrifice any normal earnings. Unless you're an NCAA wrestling champ or a Golden Gloves champ, it's a pretty stupid route to pursue. At least financially. 1 in 1000 will find it to be a good economic move.
    Not anymore was that way when I was fighting fukk 6 and 6 and selling 100 tickets and getting 5 bucks a ticket that blows I know a guy making 3k and 3k min + sponsorship fighting in small shows here in cali when its all said and done hes making 10k+ a fight hes 6-8-2 not even a .500 record but he can sell tickets promoters like him the paydays have come a long way. Guys are making decent coin in local shows now

teaserpleaser

You might not get rich but you can really supplement your income guy above is a cop

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

exactly. Costs are heavy. Not like these guys are fighting for boxing-purses of $40 Million.
    Aside from Mayweather and Pac-Man... most Boxers don't do any better than MMA fighters. In fact they probably do worse these days.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

Jon Jones couldn't make a D-2 hoop team and he is the best the sport has ever seen... You dorks remind me of Soccer homers... Don't get me wrong, it is good entertainment, but these guys are diamond dozen!!!
    Tell that to Johny Hendricks, Phil Davis, Daniel Cormier, Ben Askren, Mark Munoz. All D-1 NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS competing in mma. Hardly a "diamond dozen" . Hell Cormier and Askren wrestled in the f****** Olympics! And this is strictly a list of NCAA D-1 champs, there are dozens of other NCAA and olympic athletes competing in the sport.

Go crawl back under whatever rock you came from.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The distribution of purses is much more evenly distributed amongst MMA fighters than it is boxers. Very bad example comparing boxing to MMA. MMA is new though. I think it will end up just like every other sport eventually. The top fighters will continue to demand more money. Guys just don't have top level promoters right now. Get Bob Arum promoting Jon Jones and he isn't fighting for less than $10 million/fight. Eventually he'd get so rich he won't care if he ever fights again which would just give him even more leverage. Zuffa will soon be paying out a lot more to top fighters and less to everyone else.

Also, most UFC guys have sponsors to cover a lot of their costs. Most of it's not out of pocket.

Also, just ignore IIFOLD. He's trolling. Not one athlete could get inside an octagon and stand a chance against any of the UFC guys. Apples and Oranges. Now, with some training, I'm sure a few athletes in different sports could excel in MMA, but with the same training, I'm sure a few MMA guys could excel at other sports. Pointless to speculate.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 01-22-12 at 03:01 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Yeah,

Funny thing is every one of those losers could choke you out and make you look like a little girl within a minute!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

exactly. Costs are heavy.

Not like these guys are fighting for boxing-purses of $40 Million.
    How many boxers are fighting for tht kind of purse tho?!

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Would not be surprised to see King Mayan fighting soon but if the money is that bad he will stick to pedalling dodgy steroids.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post

And far as "making it happen". Whatever one thinks about Dana White, the guy busted his ass and is obviously the the primary person that has made it happen. Ridiculous post.
    Whatever Dana White has done to make UFC the leader in MMA the fact still remains the UFC doesn't exist without quality mixed martial arts fighters. Your post sir is ridiculous.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Would not be surprised to see King Mayan fighting soon but if the money is that bad he will stick to pedalling dodgy steroids.
    He has the background armed forces weightlifter looks like he'd have to go heavyweight ton of guys with one or both.

teaserpleaser

Boxer pay isnt all that guys getting $200 a round sometimes less and they arent fighting 12 rounders.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Solid primetime -- Last 5 minutes with Diaz was golden. This will probably be the first PPV I've payed for in over 4 years.

One of the better highlights I've seen....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-0-H2Sh_45k

Last edited by illmatick; 01-22-12 at 11:38 AM.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The distribution of purses is much more evenly distributed amongst MMA fighters than it is boxers. Very bad example comparing boxing to MMA. MMA is new though. I think it will end up just like every other sport eventually. The top fighters will continue to demand more money. Guys just don't have top level promoters right now. Get Bob Arum promoting Jon Jones and he isn't fighting for less than $10 million/fight. Eventually he'd get so rich he won't care if he ever fights again which would just give him even more leverage. Zuffa will soon be paying out a lot more to top fighters and less to everyone else.
    True but the thing with MMA is guys don't last long at the top so they never have the chance to start beaking for huge money because some young guy comes up making $20hr and kicks their head in.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

do you clowns really not realize that iifold is making fun of another poster when he says "diamond dozen" .. slow fukks around here

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    do you clowns really not realize that iifold is making fun of another poster when he says "diamond dozen" .. slow fukks around here
    Who the f**k is diamond dozen? Never heard of ya pal

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

This thread should have only gotten one response. It being: "Yes."

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

ESPN is just jelly of not getting the TV contract with them.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I thought I couldn't be more hated on this board. I was wrong- My username coulda been "GaBe"

Educ8d Degener8

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    Must be some players talk retard speak that we're not familiar with...

First 123 Last