View New Posts

RIP Sarah Burke...

So sad. (September 3, 1982 - January 19, 2012)

Burke passed away on January 19 2012, from complications after her accident on Park City Mountain Resort Eagle superpipe in Park City, Utah

So young, so beautiful, such a bright future ahead of her. RIP

$30
    Charity
    donation 5/21/2013

$30
    Charity
    donation 5/22/2013

SBR Founder Join Date: 8/11/2005

Wow Fish getting into posting broad pics

Nicely done Fish

Very sad...there's been a lot of deaths at the ski resorts here in SLC this year....mostly from avalanches.

mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 48
    Message Me

Terrible news. She was one of the best freestyle skiers in the sport and will be missed. A sad day in the skiing world.
    400pts

SBR POKER TOURNEY2nd Place 4/9/2014

jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1954
    Message Me

Man worst news of the year so far

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 997
    Message Me

RIP
    WHEEL
    OF
    BANISHMENT
    3/7/2014

Such a loss, not only was she the best in her sport but seemed like such a great person. RIP

Looks like the Olympic Committee knew what they were talking about in the first place.

They were trying to cut women's skiing. Burke fought hard to have them keep it.

Now she is dead because of it.

Very ironic.
    600pts

SBR POKER TOURNEY1st Place 3/26/2014

120pts

SBR POKER TOURNEY8th Place 4/21/2014

RIP Sarah.
    A beautiful woman, a great athlete, a pioneer in her sport and from all the interviews I've heard today she was a wonderful person to talk to and to know.
    My condolences go out to her family.

Makeup fellas. She's not very pretty...at all. Sucks to see someone die, though. Life. What a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post
    Makeup fellas. She's not very pretty...at all. Sucks to see someone die, though. Life. What a bitch.

Keyboard jockey. Let's see what you're working with, Ace.

Someone's always gotta be a Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Looks like the Olympic Committee knew what they were talking about in the first place.

They were trying to cut women's skiing. Burke fought hard to have them keep it.

Now she is dead because of it.

Very ironic.
    I'm not against you trying to make a joke, but it seems like you're actually serious here... she was fighting to have it included in the Olympics in the first place, and most certainly would have continued either way. Plenty of venues in existence to compete in this sport.

Truly sad stuff.

I lived in Whistler for 2 years we crossed paths numerous times she was a great athlete and person RIP

mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 48
    Message Me

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Looks like the Olympic Committee knew what they were talking about in the first place. They were trying to cut women's skiing. Burke fought hard to have them keep it. Now she is dead because of it. Very ironic.
    Quote Originally Posted by TodayIsForgotten View Post
    No what's ironic, is both of you assholes making such fuk'in douchbag statements. The Olympic Committee was never going to cut womens skiing. Sarah lobbied to have womens freestyle included because the men already had it. She just wanted equal opportunity for the women competitors in her sport. And she died from a fall doing what she loved, not because she was a woman skier.

Any she was a very beautiful woman! If you can't say something respectful and be mindful that a family just lost their daughter, a husband just lost his wife, and the skiing community lost a great ambassador for the sport, do us all a favor and just shut the fuk up!
    Last edited by mikejamm; 01-19-12 at 07:41 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dwaechte, and Nats' Fan
    400pts

SBR POKER TOURNEY2nd Place 4/9/2014

Babe Canadian skier Sarah Burke dead of danger addiction as bad as overeating?

Every damn day in the news you hear of someone prominent dying like adventurists dying climbing Mt.Everest,Mt.Hood,rock climbing in Utah,Sarah Burke skiing, Dan Weldon getting killed Indy driving in Vegas.All this extreme game crap is bad for your health and it cuts your life span in half.Just think of what people doing all this stuff will cost the tax payer when Obama care kicks in.So where is Michelle ''Aunt Esther''Obama when it comes to bitching about all this unhealthy lifestyle scolding and lecturing??????I guess her and all her fascist anti Twinky and Big Mac ilk take a powder on this stuff just as they do for not lecturing that if you are gay it's bad for your health and cuts your life span.Hypocrites!!!!!

SBR Founder Join Date: 11/16/2005

Never fukkin heard of her. Moving along........

Too young. Died doing something she loved. RIP

jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1954
    Message Me

Strange she had no money..why would her parents be responsible for medical bills??

$550,000

Take a look at this donation page

https://www.wepay.com/donations/sarah-burke

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005

Yeah, I saw this yesterday. Sad.

$30
    Charity
    donation 12/28/2013

$30
    Charity
    donation 12/31/2013

$30
    Charity
    donation 12/29/2013

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    never fukkin heard of her. Moving along........
    have a little respect ,,,you fxxxck
    idiot
    300pts

SBR POKER TOURNEY3rd Place 4/8/2014

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonino View Post
    have a little respect ,,,you fxxxck
    idiot
    ^^ This.
    A lot more people have heard of Sarah Burke than have heard of ttrace.

12 Last