forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

Duhmurkans: What A Great Nation You Live In!

http://news.ca.msn.com/canada/dollar...-medical-bills

Sarah Burke's agent has launched $550,000 US fundraising effort to help cover the freestyle skier's medical expenses, following her death in Utah on Thursday.

According to the Canadian Freestyle Skiing Association, Burke was not insured under the association's policy when she was injured because she was participating in an unsanctioned event hosted by one of her sponsors.

While it remains unclear if Burke was otherwise insured, Burke's publicist Michael Spenser has started a website to help the family pay Burke's medical bills and other expenses.

So far, the site has raised more than $100,000 toward its goal of $550,000. The fundraiser's beneficiary is listed as Burke's husband, Rory Bushfield.

Burke died Thursday morning in a Salt Lake City hospital, more than a week after tearing the artery that supplies blood to the brainstem during the fall in the superpipe at the Park City Mountain Resort.

Burke had surgery to repair the torn artery and had been in a medically induced coma.

Peter Judge, CEO of the Canadian Freestyle Skiing Association, says its athletes have excellent insurance when they are competing for the association, But Burke's accident happened during an unsanctioned event.

"She was in the U.S. taking part in a third-party training opportunity, something that was separate to our program," said Judge.

"The Canadian Snow Sports Association has a very comprehensive policy which covers these kinds of situations, but unfortunately in this instance she was involved in a third party event which was not part of the program and as such was not under the umbrella of coverage,"

'She lived a perfect life'

Burke was in Park City training for a superpipe event hosted by Monster Energy, one of her main sponsors, at the time of the accident.

A spokesperson at the Monster Energy Company would not say if Burke was insured or if the company would help cover her medical bills. Any decision will be posted on the company's website, said the spokesperson.

A notice on the company website on Friday morning said, "Best wishes to Sarah Burke and her family. We love you Sarah."

Burke, who was born in Barrie, Ont., and lived in Squamish, B.C., just south of Whistler, was considered both a star and a pioneer in her sport.

She won multiple gold medals in the Winter X Games and played a leading role in getting it added to the 2014 Winter Olympics in Socchi, where she was favoured to win gold.

She also won the 2005 world championships, was the first woman to land a 1080-degree spin (three full rotations) in competition and won the 2007 ESPY award as Best Female Action Sports Athlete.

Mogul skier John Smart says Burke's death was an incredible loss.

"She was a leader in this sport, 16 I think was when she was throwing down tricks that nobody believed a girl could or anyone could do. I wasn't even doing them.

"She led a very, very exciting life and she lived a perfect life. She really did. She did everything well," Smart says.

------------------------- END

Does this actually happen in your country???

If this happened to me and I survived it, I'd be faced with a bill for $550,000?!? What sort of lunacy is this??? Most people would have to liquidate EVERYTHING they own. House, cars, investments, furniture, etc. and most still wouldn't have enough! An event like this would BANKRUPT most people. Does a 1 week stay in an American hospital really cost $550,000 if you don't have insurance?!?!? Does this make any sense?

How does the hospital justify a charge of $550,000 for this? This doesn't happen in other civilized nations, why does it happen in Duhmuhrika?

For $550K, do you at least get Jesus himself to operate on you?

What if you don't have insurance? Do they just kick you out?

Duhmurikah is like a circus, it provides you entertainment every time you come across it.

Here's another good one:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39516346...ife/?gt1=43001

What a fukked up system you duhmuhrkians live in! Only in Uhmurika!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Who is on the hook to pay?

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

sad life you lead

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have you ever contributed anything whatsoever to this forum outside of posting about how much America sucks? For the life of me I cannot understand then why the hell you are here? There are hundreds of political forums on the internet where self-righteous assholes like yourself would love to partake in your inane ramblings. Go find them.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    sad life you lead
    Not sad at all....... The guy is passionate about certain issues and is willing to read about the issues from multiple sources.... Paste them here? Opine about the state of affairs and I'm assuming make himself available in this thread to answer questions on how to avoid a bad outcome like this sledding lady

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Forsberg living the dream......

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I need to get a skin tag romoved... Anyone got advice on how to do it myself without bleeding to death?

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Have you ever contributed anything whatsoever to this forum outside of posting about how much America sucks? For the life of me I cannot understand then why the hell you are here? There are hundreds of political forums on the internet where self-righteous assholes like yourself would love to partake in your inane ramblings. Go find them.
    For a country that he hates so much, he sure does love our internet that we invented.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Slippery slope chili..... Slippery slope. U can do better

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Forsy.......nice update to your Facebook, pal!

Thought you could hide from me by changing your screen name and taking me off your friends list, huh??

Think again, pal. Apparently I'm a little too sharp for you.

Posted by @ NokiaRob21

Hey peeps.....check out my sweeeet new ride! Sooooo bad ass! SOTD 4-ever!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

no poster pics without permission please

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Forsy.......nice update to your Facebook, pal!

Thought you could hide from me by changing your screen name and taking me off your friends list, huh??

Think again, pal. Apparently I'm a little too sharp for you.

Posted by @ NokiaRob21

Hey peeps.....check out my sweeeet new ride! Sooooo bad ass! SOTD 4-ever!!
    That is funny though what is the story with the truck? Seriously though. Unwritten rules...... Keep forum stuff/beefs on the forums..... No need to get personnel and petty over differences here

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5224

canadians drink milk out of a bag.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I also believe that people who willingly launch themselves 50 feet into the air, on a daily basis, should have all of their medical bills covered by foreign tax payers. Great thread OP!

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

So she should have gotten free medical care here as a non-citizen? Should have thrown her in a plane back to Canada to be treated then Forsberg would be happy.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

The Canadian medical field is sooooooo good too. Must be why most Canadians with money come to US when they have serious medical conditions. You get what you pay for.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

does her husband have to pay?

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Op, is this Forsberg?

Hey, we all used to play with cars. When we were fukin 9 years old.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post

Op, is this Forsberg?

Yes, Marty.....it absolutely is Forsy.

1000%.

He tried to evade me on Facebook by changing his screen name to "NokiaRob".....but I busted him!!

Nice try, NokiaRob.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

fukk u foreskin. I might get in my SUV and guzzle some gas all the way up to Canada and put my American boot up your ass!!!!

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

forsberg do you pay taxes?

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

That is funny though what is the story with the truck? Seriously though. Unwritten rules...... Keep forum stuff/beefs on the forums..... No need to get personnel and petty over differences here
    opie please take note of this posters advice-he now runs things around here, thanks

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Op, is this Forsberg?

Is that an rc-10? Team associated? I used to play with those as a kid! If thats really forsberg thats funny

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

this ends up in the entertainment betting section?

forsberg21

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post

For a country that he hates so much, he sure does love our internet that we invented.
    Do you believe this because Al Gore told you? The fact is, the "inventor" of the internet can't be proved with absolute certainty. Keep believing Fox News if you like.

BTW, YOU on your OWN, have probably accomplish NOTHING other than sending all your hard earned ducats offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    The Canadian medical field is sooooooo good too. Must be why most Canadians with money come to US when they have serious medical conditions. You get what you pay for.
    She didn't even survive and she got stuck with a $550,000 hospital bill for a 7 day stay.

Op, is this Forsberg?

Anyone who believes anything Opie says about me shares a level of common sense with a 7 year old child. Opie has to resort to outright lies because he knows that I've battered his image on here with cold, hard facts. He's the cheap politician who resorts to gimmicks to manipulate people. Opie, don't you remember when you challenged me to a contest where each of us would show the entire forum our material possessions and the one who had more would be the winner? This was your challenge, not mine. The sad thing is, you're twice my age old man. You're just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    forsberg do you pay taxes?
    Of course I pay taxes.

mathdotcom

forsberg shit isnt free

if your house burns down here and you dont have insurance you are SOL

why should someone else have to pay to re-build your house if you don't have insurance?

do you think medical treatment is free??

mathdotcom

maybe next time you go to USA you should tick the $10 insurance option on expedia

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

Illiterate Mexicans can figure out how to get free health care here and educated Canadians can't. Go figure.

forsberg21

forsberg shit isnt free

if your house burns down here and you dont have insurance you are SOL

why should someone else have to pay to re-build your house if you don't have insurance?

do you think medical treatment is free??
    Mathy, obviously medical treatment isn't free.

It doesn't surprise me that most degenerates on here can't acknowledge the argument I'm making.

Obviously I don't think medical treatment IS free, nor should it be free. My argument is against the SYSTEM.

Anyways, I'm out for the night! Later degenerates!

forsberg21

maybe next time you go to USA you should tick the $10 insurance option on expedia
    Only queers laugh at their own jokes.

opie1988

Poor Robert.

Guy is getting buried around here more often than ttwarrior.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Doesn't the hospital eat this bill?

Unless she got some high end experimental/elective care that someone co-signed for (possible, but not mentioned), there is no one on the hook for this. Gets written off as a bad debt expense.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post

Do you believe this because Al Gore told you? The fact is, the "inventor" of the internet can't be proved with absolute certainty. Keep believing Fox News if you like.
    Yes, it can be proven with absolute certainty. ARPANET, funded by the US government. Don't speak above your paygrade, soldier.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Doesn't the hospital eat this bill?

Unless she got some high end experimental/elective care that someone co-signed for (possible, but not mentioned), there is no one on the hook for this. Gets written off as a bad debt expense.
    The hospital will try and collect but unless the husband signed some crazy document saying he would pay, they have little recourse. In fact with a decent lawyer, the hubby could probably sue the hospital and settle out of court for wrongful death.

The charity money will probably end up in hubby's pocket and the hospital will get stiffed. Business as usual.

12 Last