thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

it wasnt even the scoring IMO. lsus offense is a joke. never threatened to score.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Bad coaching IMO

it's took miles over a month to prepared for this game

You got a D+ pal

jakeandba
    jakeandba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3709

dont know football...lol...first of all it should be said, offense sells tickets and defense wins championships.....and wow that must be a great defense the previous superbowl winners have had lately....green bay, new orleans, indy, new england, tampa bay...there is the odd nyg and pitts but pitts played awesome defense to shut out the AZ team..

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Same old formula: Defense & run game win championships

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

They should have played this game before the Oklahoma St. vs. Stanford game. I had money on Alabama, and instead was watching the St. Mary's-San Francisco college bb game.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I thought it was a fantastic game. If you had money on LSU or don't know football then it was a terrible game. For a true football fan it was a display of a dominant defense. 6 in a row......... Dont hate

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

I had Bama and they just played the PERFECT game. No one will ever play more perfect ever again.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    crappy game for crappy season who cares
    ...and on crappy ESPN national title game on ESPN BCS championship on ESPN

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Although I would agree this was a boring game, it doesnt mean it wasnt the two best teams. Any other team against Alabama would have gained far less yards and allowed way more points. The two best teams in the nation this year had shut down defenses rather than high powered offenses.

kgindy
    kgindy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4845

I'm sorry Bama wouldn't do than to oregon they would win but no way would they shut them out.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Probably not, but they would score way more than 21. Score would probably be 38-17

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Here's the thing... A team (Ok St, Oreg or USC) cant put up a lots of pts when the other team (Ala) keeps the ball. Bama's time of possession would have been ungodly against those teams

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I feel just awful for anyone that was actually there, including tide fans. Just a horrible game to watch. Someone had to win and the better team tonight won but these two teams wouldn't last in the Big 10.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Everyone knew the best games this year were the Rose Bowl and the Fiesta Bowl and that turned out to be true. Wow this was a really horrible game for fans and the BCS
    Can't say this any better.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Alabamas defense and special teams was on a much higher level than anything we witnessed in any of these other bowl games, just a phenomenal performance by their team and coaching staff.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

oregon would have lost by more.

darron thomas would have been on his back all game and in the locker room knocked the fuk out by halftime.

no way oregon or stanford or okie st can block bama's front 7

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Garbage game. How does an undefeated team not show any effort in the title game? Anyone who said it was a great game either won money or are a Bama fan.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

I had bama and a open teaser that used for under 48.5 and it was still pretty unwatchable. After the 1st quarter I decided to dvr the game and just fast forward to each play. ZZZZZ feel like I saved 2 hours of my life cutting out commercials and 30 seconds between each bad running play from lsu.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Why didn't miles put lee in?

He didn't want to look like a fool

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10287

Quote Originally Posted by coach_p71 View Post
    Because you dont know football,dont be stupid. I played 17 years & have coached 9 years. Offense wins games,Defense win Championships!!!

One Star...
    Pop Warner and Madden 2002 hardly
    make you an authority.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Great game, good defenses. They are the two best teams, no question.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

this came was the most boring event in the last 100 years

fletch49
    fletch49's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by coach_p71 View Post
    Because you dont know football,dont be stupid. I played 17 years & have coached 9 years. Offense wins games,Defense win Championships!!!
    A myth taught by coaches only to get players to practice defense. Statistical data from last 40 years has shown this to be just a myth in both college and pro football. Listen to your own comment..."offense wins games, defense wins championships." When has anyone ever won a championship without winning the championship game ??

fletch49
    fletch49's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Great game, good defenses. They are the two best teams, no question.
    You obviously had this comment written BEFORE the game even started. Your pride would not let you retract it

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

best game i've seen ever played in college fball

never have a watched a defence play to that level and it was worth watching every minute of it.

you all got to watch enough high scoring/no defence played games in previous bowls this year. those games were pretty pathetic due to the fact that no defence showed up and a 10 yard post passing route scored a TD on almost every down.

its pretty obvious who has respect for the game and some intelligence rathwe then the ones who solely rely on there touts to make bets and cheer for that team. if you bet on LSU you deserved to lose because you have no clue. none. so go on and think you know what you are talking about.....

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23972

ive never seen a game where the "so called" #1 team in the country crossed midfield ONCE....that is unreal

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Pathetic offensive scheme by LSU. Never tried to stretch the field (and save the "he had no time" because LSU didn't even try to stretch the filed). QB play was horrific. Les Miles failed miserably. Should have went to Jarrett Lee midway through the third quarter (pride got in the way of potential success).

I agree that watching great defense can be as entertaining as watching great offense. But, when the offense is a pedestrian/boring as LSU's (and for that matter......Bama's)......it just makes for an ugly game.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fletch49 View Post
    You obviously had this comment written BEFORE the game even started. Your pride would not let you retract it
    Anyone who thinks that was not a hard fought defensive effort by both sides must have little experience watching great teams play. Why even have a defense if you are supposed to run the score up and win 71-65? This isn't basketball. Defense wins the game, always will. Outscoring your opponent is something that the pac10 is used to, because they cannot stop anyone, they are forced to outscore them. I would rather have seen a game like last night rather than a 120 point shootout where every delayed handoff or shovel pass up the middle goes for a TD or a 5 yard slant turns into a 75 yard play because of no tackling. The worst thing for me to watch is non tackling. That makes me want to turn the game off. To each their own, but ROLL TIDE AND more of the same.... SEC DOMINATION!!

William Walters

Anyone who thinks that was not a hard fought defensive effort by both sides must have little experience watching great teams play. Why even have a defense if you are supposed to run the score up and win 71-65? This isn't basketball. Defense wins the game, always will. Outscoring your opponent is something that the pac10 is used to, because they cannot stop anyone, they are forced to outscore them. I would rather have seen a game like last night rather than a 120 point shootout where every delayed handoff or shovel pass up the middle goes for a TD or a 5 yard slant turns into a 75 yard play because of no tackling. The worst thing for me to watch is non tackling. That makes me want to turn the game off. To each their own, but ROLL TIDE AND more of the same.... SEC DOMINATION!!
    If you want to bang on the Pac 10......you may want to leave USC out of your argument:

Over the last DECADE USC is 41-3 out of conference (three losses being K. State, Texas and ND). Out of the 41 wins.....9 are against ND, 2 against the SEC's Auburn (23-0 at Auburn was fun), 2 against the SEC's Arkansas (70-17 and 50-14 AT Arkansas was hilarious), 2 against Michigan (both in Rose Bowl), 2 against Ohio State (35-3 was sorta fun), Iowa (beatdown of the Brad Banks led Iowa team in the Orange Bowl), Penn State (Rose Bowl), Illinois (Rose Bowl), Nebraska (twice), Virginia Tech, and Oklahoma (55-19 in BCS title game).

As you can see.......USC plays an out of conference schedule that more than makes up for some of the Pac 12 bottom feeders. SEC top dogs play the worst OOC schedule in all of college football.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The Worst BCS Championship game EVER. The least watched BCS Championship game EVER. These two teams wer a disgrase last night. Two games and neither one could score a friggin Touchdown. You will NOt see this ever happen again. The ratings were just horrid.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    If you want to bang on the Pac 10......you may want to leave USC out of your argument: Over the last DECADE USC is 41-3 out of conference (three losses being K. State, Texas and ND). Out of the 41 wins.....9 are against ND, 2 against the SEC's Auburn (23-0 at Auburn was fun), 2 against the SEC's Arkansas (70-17 and 50-14 AT Arkansas was hilarious), 2 against Michigan (both in Rose Bowl), 2 against Ohio State (35-3 was sorta fun), Iowa (beatdown of the Brad Banks led Iowa team in the Orange Bowl), Penn State (Rose Bowl), Illinois (Rose Bowl), Nebraska (twice), Virginia Tech, and Oklahoma (55-19 in BCS title game). As you can see.......USC plays an out of conference schedule that more than makes up for some of the Pac 12 bottom feeders. SEC top dogs play the worst OOC schedule in all of college football.
    William in the last 4 years they have not played any team worth a damn OOC except OSU who was also exposed multiple times by SEC teams lately. Post your strongest OOC game for each year (in your own opinion) regular season games of course. I want to see what you mean.

William Walters

William in the last 4 years they have not played any team worth a damn OOC except OSU who was also exposed multiple times by SEC teams lately. Post your strongest OOC game for each year (in your own opinion) regular season games of course. I want to see what you mean.
    Why pick & choose "last 4 years"....."stongest OOC game"...etc. Bottom line...over the last decade...USC is 28-2 playing teams from the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, ACC, etc. (conferences with automatic BCS qualifiers) and 9-1 against Notre Dame.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Alabama's mission was to win, not to entertain. They accomplished what they set out to do in stunning fashion, and they deserve the trophy. Completely shut down an excellent offense. One of the great defensive performances I have ever seen.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Why pick & choose "last 4 years"....."stongest OOC game"...etc. Bottom line...over the last decade...USC is 28-2 playing teams from the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, ACC, etc. (conferences with automatic BCS qualifiers) and 9-1 against Notre Dame.
    Can you tell me what the results were at the end of each of those seasons?
    Done and done.

William Walters

Can you tell me what the results were at the end of each of those seasons?
    Done and done.
    Sure.........

2 National Titles, 3 Heisman Trophies, 7 consecutive Pac-10 titles, appeared in an NCAA-record 7 consecutive BCS bowls (including a pair of BCS Championship Games), recorded at least 11 victories in each of those 7 seasons (an NCAA record) and finished ranked in the AP Top 4 in each of those 7 seasons

First 123 Last