Siddhartha Arya
    Siddhartha Arya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 276

People are getting angry on Barca for drawing just one game. That shows their high standards of game. But Barca has drawn too many away games in current La Liga and also didn't manage to win against Milan in home game of champions league so wait for the second half of the season.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha Arya View Post
    People are getting angry on Barca for drawing just one game. That shows their high standards of game. But Barca has drawn too many away games in current La Liga and also didn't manage to win against Milan in home game of champions league so wait for the second half of the season.
    maybe more and more teams are able to defend against them. they can beat Real and other teams that have a go and open up, but it seems it's getting harder for them to break the teams that park the buss and play like they have 10 defenders on the pitch.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    You either love or hate their style. All I know is Leo Messi is probably the best pure goal scorer I have ever seen. Guy doesn't play but 35 minutes or so today and nets two goals in the Copa Del Rey. Guy falls out of bed in the morning and scores goals, might be the best of all times.
    he could win countless Champions League trophies and Spanish League titles, but if Argentina (with him on the field) will not win a World Cup he will never even be considered for "the best of all times" - both Pele and Maradona won the World Cup.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

They're the best in my lifetime. Even if their defence is weakish, their dominance in possession and attacking ability wins them the majority of their matches.

Yes, there has been a ridiculous amount of cheating in big games to bring them their success, but their consistency in the Champions League over the past few years is like no other.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    he could win countless Champions League trophies and Spanish League titles, but if Argentina (with him on the field) will not win a World Cup he will never even be considered for "the best of all times" - both Pele and Maradona won the World Cup.
    I disagree. Football's changed since the day's Pele and Maradona were scoring against amateurs, part-timers, fatty's etc. They were great against weaker opposition. Weaker both skillfully and tactically. Even if Messi does not win a World Cup, he's the greatest of all time in my eyes.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboy View Post
    I disagree. Football's changed since the day's Pele and Maradona were scoring against amateurs, part-timers, fatty's etc. They were great against weaker opposition. Weaker both skillfully and tactically. Even if Messi does not win a World Cup, he's the greatest of all time in my eyes.
    He is a exceptional player, no doubt about it, but don't forget that Barcelona has a lot of good and great players around Messi and these players make him look even better than he really is ... the lack of such players in Argentina's team is the only explanation for his low performace for Argentina, because it affects him in two ways: no one is playing for him and, in my opinion, he knows that and it affects his confidence

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4245

Zidane > Messi
    Points Awarded:

RubberKettle gave sportfan 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by sportfan View Post
    Zidane > Messi
    My favorite player ever.

justin81
    justin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6209

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    it's not only about being marked heavier when they play for their national teams. Messi gets put in a different position when he wears his Argentina colors, and is asked to create chances with his passing ability as opposed to being the pure striker that he is for Barcelona. The thing that makes Messi so great even for Argentina is how well he passes the ball unselfishly. It's not his fault his countrymen can't put the ball in the net as well as he can.
    It's true that Messi doesn't show his full potential on national team, but I don't understand that entire fuss about it. CR7 doesn't show anything special on his national team, but nobody says anything. It's just Messi set so high standards that people want him to play 110% every game, every time.
    And what is the most important imo, I really think that something is going on inside the Argentinian team among players. They just don't want to say it out loud, but I think someone will speak up one day what was going on for real. The players they have, especially attacking side (Messi, Tevez, Hugain, Augero, Denis, Pastore, Lavezzi) is a amazing firepower. However, they cannot come up with goals. Either they need a strong coaching personality to to get hold off the team, or there is an internal conflict between some players.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Zidane > Messi
    Not a chance.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

You couldn't say Real Madrid are the best team at the moment, cos they can't beat Barcelona. So Barcelona are still the best team.

brunofortes
    brunofortes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 911

barcelona and real madrid are, by far, the best team in the world.

barcelona is still better, tho !

zeron
    zeron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by justin81 View Post

It's true that Messi doesn't show his full potential on national team, but I don't understand that entire fuss about it. CR7 doesn't show anything special on his national team, but nobody says anything. It's just Messi set so high standards that people want him to play 110% every game, every time.
    And what is the most important imo, I really think that something is going on inside the Argentinian team among players. They just don't want to say it out loud, but I think someone will speak up one day what was going on for real. The players they have, especially attacking side (Messi, Tevez, Hugain, Augero, Denis, Pastore, Lavezzi) is a amazing firepower. However, they cannot come up with goals. Either they need a strong coaching personality to to get hold off the team, or there is an internal conflict between some players.
    Dont give Messi such a big credit. He doesnt do big things with Argentina coz Xavi and Iniesta aren't there. He might be a good player but with those 2 midfielders anybody would appear to be good. Sure he is a good player but the best? For me it's Xavi; he is good and he shows it in Barcelona and in his National Team too. There is no doubt Real Madrid and Barcelona are the best teams in the world. Who is better? I think they are at the same level. Maybe Barcelona a bit better but the way referees ref the games is pretty suspicious and that it usually ends up being a 10 vs 11. Now it seems that this is stoping as Xavi himself said yesterday ("the refs might used to be more on our side. this not seems to be like this anymore").

Wiesnak
    Update your status
    Wiesnak's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    He is a exceptional player, no doubt about it, but don't forget that Barcelona has a lot of good and great players around Messi and these players make him look even better than he really is ... the lack of such players in Argentina's team is the only explanation for his low performace for Argentina, because it affects him in two ways: no one is playing for him and, in my opinion, he knows that and it affects his confidence
    the only explanation is that the script hasnt been favouring argentina

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

yes, for sure!

chinaski
    chinaski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

except occasional wins, the only teams can beat them at the moment are spain and germany national teams

corgon
    corgon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree Barca rules

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

This kid Tello is going to be somthing special.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best since i started watching soccer, just like Spain are the best i saw.
    Sure there are famous brazil national teams etc, but i never saw ball control in this perfection..be it Barca or Spain.

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

- BARCELONA are mighty impressive and without doubt they are the best CLUB SIDE I have seen in my 54 years , i was a great fan of the total football of AJAX in the 70's and I must admit I didnt expect to see their performances bettered but Barca just edge it -- The great BRAZIL side of the Mexican World Cup in 1970 is for me the only other football side which could be argued to have been as good as if not better than the present Barcelona team , they were truly wonderful to watch and although there is a huge difference between club and International football I just feel privileged to have seen all these teams at their best . good Q , GL Troops !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

I have to see Barcelona live before this run ends.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    I have to see Barcelona live before this run ends.
    I saw them in Miami when they played against Chivas, they only played with a few starters and ended up losing the game 4-1 but it was pretty cool being at the game. I actually had really good seats since it wasn't a big game and caught the first goal by Villa on camera, I saw the second goal by Chivas form right in front of me as well but couldn't catch it on camera. Let me see if I can find the pics, there were some fine chicks there
    Last edited by sneakerhead; 02-07-12 at 05:40 AM.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

That was back when Villa was awesome. Chivas were really good, some of those goals are superb.

Stifler
    Stifler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10391

Quote Originally Posted by truebluebear View Post
    The great BRAZIL side of the Mexican World Cup in 1970 is for me the only other football side which could be argued to have been as good as if not better than the present Barcelona team , they were truly wonderful to watch and although there is a huge difference between club and International football I just feel privileged to have seen all these teams at their best .
    so u think in a head to head match the brazil team would have a pretty good chance to beat barcelona? Rly, if any team from that age would face barcelona today they would get crushed like there is no tomorrow.

Oh and yes, barcelona is the best team of all time, no doubt. And messi is the best player ever, no matter if he wins a world cup or not, this guy is a pure beast, same counts for cr7.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    so u think in a head to head match the brazil team would have a pretty good chance to beat barcelona? Rly, if any team from that age would face barcelona today they would get crushed like there is no tomorrow.

Oh and yes, barcelona is the best team of all time, no doubt. And messi is the best player ever, no matter if he wins a world cup or not, this guy is a pure beast, same counts for cr7.
    Of course they would but that is not a fair comparison.
    In all sports, players are fitter, faster, stronger and better coached than they were 40 years ago.

You can only compare relative to their peers.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Its difficult to say if Barcelona will win everything again this year, but they are the favorites.
    The clear favorites.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    The clear favorites.
    +380 to win La Liga.
    -280 to win the Copa del Rey
    +154 to win the Champions League

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post

Well game is all about opinions m8 and I gave mine - On the Messi angle , he is a wonderful talent but debatable if greatest of all time - do you know that Messi loses possession MORE than any other player in La Liga ( Surprised me that fact too !!) but yes got too see him and Barca live at Ibrox 2008 and he and his club are special !!!!! Stay Lucky Guys !!!

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    +380 to win La Liga.
    -280 to win the Copa del Rey
    +154 to win the Champions League
    clear

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Zidane > Messi
    Zidane at Euro 2000 and the years around that at the club level was the absolute best individual performer. if we are talking individual play, Zidane has no equal in changing the game on his own.

Messi fits perfectly into the Barcelona system, which is really hard to replicate without the right set of players. So you really just have to enjoy this team while you can, no guarantee the next generation of players can be as good, especially in the midfield.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

ppl always talking about Messi, while the best player is Iniesta...

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    ppl always talking about Messi, while the best player is Iniesta...
    No doubt he is awesome.

klingonian
    klingonian's Avatar Become A Pro!

All the players from Barca's team are good, as for possesion of the ball I haven't seen lately a game where they had under 60%, in yesterday's game (Bayer Leverkusen -Barcelona) possesion was 25% Beyer, 75% Barca (Bayer possession was made only by their goalkeeper )

mhille
    mhille's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5226

yesir

First 123 Last