Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Sidney Crosby out again indefinitely....

Concussion like symptoms. I hate the mother fukker but it's bad for hockey.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Hockey players always get the worst concussions... They really need better proctective headgear.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Im saying it right now, his career is over

He will never play a full season again.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

i saw the lasst couple hits he took and they really werent vicious at all ive seen atleast 5 hits every gm that was worse either the coach/gm/owner are way to cautious or sidney is a straight puss

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

His career is shaping up just like Eric Lindros' was at this point. Once you suffer a bad concussion you're very susceptible to multiple concussions after that. Can't help but feel bad for the guy but at least he's won a cup and a gold medal already. He should probably hang up the skates and take care of his health at this point.

Mriceyman
    Mriceyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2373

Ive been hit harder myself.. i guess i never got the concussion bad enough for lingering effects.. he cant get hit at all anymore and thats a really bad sign

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

contact sports are doomed

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by rich boy View Post
    im saying it right now, his career is over

he will never play a full season again.
    this !

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

sad.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

What a pussy

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    What a pussy
    How is he pussy? How does he have any control over it?

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Truly unfortunate because the kid has all the potential to be one of the NHL's greats. I think he needed to adopt a style similar to Gretzky's where you win the Hart every season. Don't go into corners, don't body check, get out of the scrums in front of the net, never drop the gloves and just be the type of player that all other players respect. The league knew they couldn't touch Gretzky unless they wanted to get the shit beat out of them.

However, Crosby never hesitates in being the complete player who leads in all ways. I can't argue with his style but I think coaches should have strongly urged him to 'be more of a pussy.'

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

How is he pussy? How does he have any control over it?
    He absolutely has control over whether he plays or sits

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

damn shame. 24 years old and on the downhill of his career.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

deuce put down the fukkin sausage roll you jerk off

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Even if his career is over, he has accomplished so much more than most humans in this planet ever will in their entire lifetime. Eventho it sux for him, but if his health tells him to retire, I think he can do so with no regrets...and simply accept the fact that good things always come to an end.

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

It isnt a concussion. It is symptoms. There is a difference. He has not been diagnosed with a second concussion yet.

Either way, as a pittsbugher and a huge pens fan. this sucks.

Cicima6709

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    He absolutely has control over whether he plays or sits
    He absolutely doesnt. The Pens own Sid...he is their most important investment by far. They would NEVER risk his long term health to get short term benefit. that would be ridiculously stupid.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Bad for hockey, but he made his bed and now he can lay in it. The guy looks for trouble. He doesnt; deserve to be hurt, but seriously theres no reason for him to be slashing guys and acting tough to prove that your alright.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Some guys do not know how to prolong their careers, great hockey player but was not smart

Cicima6709

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    Bad for hockey, but he made his bed and now he can lay in it. The guy looks for trouble. He doesnt; deserve to be hurt, but seriously theres no reason for him to be slashing guys and acting tough to prove that your alright.
    Honestly, this is a classic example of the spotlight being on Sid.

Have you ever watched a scrum in front of the net or behind the net after a whistle? What players DONT slash? Besides maybe Datsyuk and St. Louis? Every player does this...literally, every player. Its just that the cameras focus on sid everytime he does it, because thats what you guys want to see. And that makes it so much easier to hate. Google "Crosby slash" and you'll find a ton of videos. Guys like Holmstrom and Hartnell do it WAAAAAAAY more, yet you'd barely find videos of them doing it.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Look on the bright side

No one gives a fukk about hockey

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Cicima6709 View Post
    Honestly, this is a classic example of the spotlight being on Sid.
    honestly, you are a dimwitted homer.

Crosby is the only hockey player I've ever seen punch someone in the balls from behind. I guess maybe the spotlight is just on him and other guys do this all the time also?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post

Crosby is the only hockey player I've ever seen punch someone in the balls from behind. I guess maybe the spotlight is just on him and other guys do this all the time also?

So true. Look at YouTube of what he did in front of the net to Zetterberg. That is a classic example. No need for that in hockey. Jimmy Howard took care of it.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Honestly, this is a classic example of the spotlight being on Sid. Have you ever watched a scrum in front of the net or behind the net after a whistle? What players DONT slash? Besides maybe Datsyuk and St. Louis? Every player does this...literally, every player. Its just that the cameras focus on sid everytime he does it, because thats what you guys want to see. And that makes it so much easier to hate. Google "Crosby slash" and you'll find a ton of videos. Guys like Holmstrom and Hartnell do it WAAAAAAAY more, yet you'd barely find videos of them doing it.
    Totally understand, I just think he tries to hard to prove that he's tough and not soft. He needs to change the way he plays. I dont watch a lot of pittsburgh games unless there playing the leafs, but I don't see Malkin getting involved as much as Sid does and Malkin is much bigger. Datysuk is a classic skilled european that hardly ever gets involved, he needs to play like him more....

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best player in the NHL, and no one can argue it. Better him sit now then risk his whole career.

Cicima6709

Ovechkin slashed someone in the balls. Hartnell bit someone. I could find you something like this for almost every player...

...players get pissed, they do silly stuff. To say Sid does this any more then your average player is just wrong.

Cicima6709

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    Totally understand, I just think he tries to hard to prove that he's tough and not soft. He needs to change the way he plays. I dont watch a lot of pittsburgh games unless there playing the leafs, but I don't see Malkin getting involved as much as Sid does and Malkin is much bigger. Datysuk is a classic skilled european that hardly ever gets involved, he needs to play like him more....
    Yea, im sure if he played like that, he would have less potential injuries...

...but how do you tell someone who's game revolves around skating hard and winning battles in front of the net and along the boards...to start playing like a pussy. Thats just changing his whole game. Datsyuk and Geno and Sid are completely different players. Datsyuk and Geno have unreal talent. Sid doesnt have as much natural talent as they do, but his hustle and work ethic make up for it. I dont think Sid would be the best player in the NHL if he started playing away from the boards.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think these latest 'concussion symptoms' has come from Crosby's mouth. He's not producing as much as his first game back looked like he would. He could just be making excuses right now or something.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

honestly, you are a dimwitted homer. Crosby is the only hockey player I've ever seen punch someone in the balls from behind. I guess maybe the spotlight is just on him and other guys do this all the time also?

Vid?

That sounds fukkin awesome.

And I thought all hockey players were tough.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Punch in the balls with a cup on is nothing. Taking a stick to the gooch is the issue. That hurts like a mother fukker.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Punch in the balls with a cup on is nothing. Taking a stick to the gooch is the issue. That hurts like a mother fukker.

Do you even need to wear a cup or does your goddamn belly hang over your prikk, so it's pointless?

I been hit in the nuts with a cup on...still hurts pal. It's obvious that it's never happened to you, so why bother telling us how it feels?

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Ovechkin slashed someone in the balls. Hartnell bit someone. I could find you something like this for almost every player... ...players get pissed, they do silly stuff. To say Sid does this any more then your average player is just wrong.
    nobody in the history of hockey has ever punched someone in the balls from behind, while his teammate was already engaged with that payer. n-e-v-e-r.

as if being the 3rd man in isn't dishonorable enough...a backwards shot or 3 to the balls/grundle.

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Vid?

That sounds fukkin awesome.

And I thought all hockey players were tough.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wqR17KrLKw

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-130785

"I've never seen anything like that before," the Thrashers defenseman said. "When I saw it on the video, I felt embarrassed for Crosby a little bit. If that's the way he plays hockey, that's all right. It was what it was. That's what he did. I don't really want to comment on that too much. It's kind of embarrassing."

Ryencee
    Ryencee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Even if his career is over, he has accomplished so much more than most humans in this planet ever will in their entire lifetime. Eventho it sux for him, but if his health tells him to retire, I think he can do so with no regrets...and simply accept the fact that good things always come to an end.
    Ok being good at sports is fine and dandy but i'll take the accomplishments of a doctor or a nurse 1000 times over some kid who can skate and shoot a puck. This statement that playing good hockey is somehow a legendary accomplishment is just wrong