Lucas
    i am broke
    Lucas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betfair online fix - Canas / Veic

Watch this game and betfair odds

ridiculous
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-23-15 at 09:43 AM. Reason: link does not work

Lucas
    i am broke

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-23-15 at 09:43 AM. Reason: image does not exist

chemist
    chemist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

Was his arm off?

Lucas
    i am broke

no, it was his head
    and also betfair's head was off

once again resume: canas started like -900 huge favourite before the game, then game started and betfair offered live betting. Even when he was doing well, odds for Canas were raising significantly.

Canas won 1st set but odds for his win were like +600 (see screenshot). Normally if -900 favourite wins 1st set, he would be at least -2000, but instead of it he was +600. Even if injury was in place he still would be HUGE FAVOURITE. Not this time.

Canas lost 2nd and 3rd set. 1.5Mio traded on this match. Betfair was waiting with grade for 24 hours but then they said:

"PBZ Zagreb Indoors Tennis Tournament – Canas v Veic first round match settlement.
    We have investigated the markets offered on the match between Canas and Veic at the PBZ Indoors in Croatia. After detailed analysis we are satisfied the market reflected the event and in accordance with our terms and conditions the market will be settled shortly."

Betfair is scared after last year when Davydenko cheated (btw. exactly the same happened in Poland like now in Croatia). ATP is putting pressure on them, so they try to sweep this under carpet. As it seems their effort to be UNfair pays off. This was blatant fix and their investigation had to prove it. Now we can expect much more cheating.

Good job!

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Very interesting... well, outside of the Grand Slams, tennis is rife with corruption. No one pays any attention to these tournaments, so it's easy to see how matches can be fixed. No question this was rigged, I think Betfair should have cancelled all wagers on this, because the schmuck who played the fave got royally screwed here.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

No way for Betfair to prove it unfortunately, unless the people placing bets were really stupid. The ATP had a go at investigating Davydenko, but he basically refused to co-operate and that was the end of that.

However, everybody involved in tennis gambling knows this happens a lot. Same in snooker, and any other sport where it's one-on-one (cheap to bribe) and tons of tournaments (players don't care about small matches).

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Don't forget, some of these players can make alot more $$$ by fixing a match than they can by playing in the tournament. I don't think these low tier tourney's have much of a purse (you never see top ranked players play in them)

aca
    aca's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is ****in unreal!

Cane has some injury problem but this odds was rudicilous!
    I think BF should have confiscated all money layed on irregular betting pattern and similar we never see again!