View New Posts
123
  1. #71

  2. #72

    Meant to bump this before tip, but it was discussed quite a bit on the CBB forum -- Marquette reached -6 (-152) late last night at Pinny before moving up. Eagles only won by 2.


  3. #73

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Meant to bump this before tip, but it was discussed quite a bit on the CBB forum -- Marquette reached -6 (-152) late last night at Pinny before moving up. Eagles only won by 2.

    yessir

  4. #74

    Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGBUCK View Post
    yessir
    Thanks for pointing it out Buck.

    I was asleep at the wheel on this one.

  5. #75

  6. #76

    I'm new at this, but is Illonois state worth watching for a pinny lean? Currently, pinny has Illonois -2.5 @ -135 where other books are up to -4.5 @ -110.

  7. #77

    lines are always changing depending on how many people are betting on a certain side.

  8. #78

    silly internet kids,,,, ez game
    110pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY9th Place 4/22/2014

         Ring
         Games
         Winner
         584 pts


  9. #79

    Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    silly internet kids,,,, ez game
    You're the silly kid... instead of putting comments like this - you can give some more info if you have anything valuable - but I guess you don't ...

  10. #80

    Wouldn't you say as a general rule of thumb most
    houses are tipping their hand when one side is
    severely juiced upwards of -130 or more, the only
    exception being mlb of course?

  11. #81

    The Pinny lean is one of the more overrated topics ever talked about on the forums in my opinion. Pinny is really simple, they take a bet, they move the number,take a bet, move the number, very simple and effective concept especially with the volume they accumulate. When you see a Pinny ncaa hoops # in the morning at -2.5 -135, all that means is that side has been taking action and pinny's automated software is moving the vig. If no one at pinny is watching the screen (often the case early in the morning) you will see #s like the one above. Pinny's automated software only moves the vig on a given number, it doesn't move the base number. It takes a human to do that. Then the guy from pinny shows up and adjusts the number to -3.5 -110 or -4 +100 etc. The only reason the juice piles up like that at Pinny is because other people are betting that side (still good information but it's not Pinny doing the leaning on their own).
    Points Awarded:

    JR007 gave smoke a bowl 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fa11en

  12. #82

  13. #83

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    Pinnacle doesn't have a lean on college basketball totals. The market is too small...with max bets of $500 they have no reason to be worried about unopposed sharp money. They already taken a stance with micro limits.

    thank you Bobby...I did not know this....valuable information to me

  14. #84

    Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    The Pinny lean is one of the more overrated topics ever talked about on the forums in my opinion. Pinny is really simple, they take a bet, they move the number,take a bet, move the number, very simple and effective concept especially with the volume they accumulate. When you see a Pinny ncaa hoops # in the morning at -2.5 -135, all that means is that side has been taking action and pinny's automated software is moving the vig. If no one at pinny is watching the screen (often the case early in the morning) you will see #s like the one above. Pinny's automated software only moves the vig on a given number, it doesn't move the base number. It takes a human to do that. Then the guy from pinny shows up and adjusts the number to -3.5 -110 or -4 +100 etc. The only reason the juice piles up like that at Pinny is because other people are betting that side (still good information but it's not Pinny doing the leaning on their own).
    Spot on

  15. #85

    Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    The Pinny lean is one of the more overrated topics ever talked about on the forums in my opinion. Pinny is really simple, they take a bet, they move the number,take a bet, move the number, very simple and effective concept especially with the volume they accumulate. When you see a Pinny ncaa hoops # in the morning at -2.5 -135, all that means is that side has been taking action and pinny's automated software is moving the vig. If no one at pinny is watching the screen (often the case early in the morning) you will see #s like the one above. Pinny's automated software only moves the vig on a given number, it doesn't move the base number. It takes a human to do that. Then the guy from pinny shows up and adjusts the number to -3.5 -110 or -4 +100 etc. The only reason the juice piles up like that at Pinny is because other people are betting that side (still good information but it's not Pinny doing the leaning on their own).
    Well said.

    This actually isn't the true definition of a "Pinnacle lean" -- I just called it that because that's still theoretically what it is when big money tags a certain play and the lines aren't keeping up.

  16. #86

    50% of the time it works every time.

  17. #87

    Nevada last night

  18. #88

    KState -2 was at -139 for today's game.

         SBR
         Resort
         Winner
         +1,000 pts


  19. #89

    Quote Originally Posted by RoadDog View Post
    Nevada last night
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrosmak View Post
    KState -2 was at -139 for today's game.
    I'm never a big believer in the -125-135 juices -- this works a lot more consistently when it goes to -150 and above.

    With that being said, Nevada won and I think WVU +5 is the right side tonight. We'll see.

  20. #90

    Good to know!

         SBR
         Resort
         Winner
         +1,000 pts


  21. #91

  22. #92

    Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    N.C. any pinny leans today?
    what is the percent of games books have a lean on? It is less than 5% for sure. I only bet a few sports so last one I can remember was Miami -3 against Oakland. Also the superbowl GB at -2.5 was obviously another one.

    Reverse line movement or extra juice on one side doesn't mean the book is leaning that game. Calculate the money coming in on each side. Percentages don't mean much.

  23. #93

    someone tell me how good are the dolphins in reality. how good is mat moore

  24. #94

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    what is the percent of games books have a lean on? It is less than 5% for sure. I only bet a few sports so last one I can remember was Miami -3 against Oakland. Also the superbowl GB at -2.5 was obviously another one.

    Reverse line movement or extra juice on one side doesn't mean the book is leaning that game. Calculate the money coming in on each side. Percentages don't mean much.
    It's much less than 5%. You're lucky to get one or two of these a week.

    Plus, like I said, it depends on what you define as high juice. For me, it's anything over -150 at Pinny. And again, this is more just indicating where heavy money is coming in early before the book can adjust than an actually true "Pinny lean" -- I just meant that the book is tipping the hand of big money, which is never a bad thing to know.

    BTW, West Virginia won SU.

  25. #95

    Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    N.C. any pinny leans today?
    Haven't seen one, but I haven't really looked. It's a light card.

  26. #96

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    someone tell me how good are the dolphins in reality. how good is mat moore
    As a Dolphins fan [long suffering at that] let me unequivocally tell you Matt Moore has done More this season [no pun intended] than that piece of shit 'i think im gonna throw it to a receiver [ON THE OTHER TEAM] Chad Henne..... He can manage a game, find the holes in defenses [and getting better] and make the OPEN throws Henne could NEVER do...hes not a superstar, but hes developing and in doing so making his TEAM better and gel more than anyone has seen since a similar player Chad Pennington did...

    As far as defense goes, they are SOLID... stingy against the run, linebackers are underrated but top 10 unit in NFL,however the safeties can be exploited at times....

    Im not saying this because with my fan cap on, Im saying it as if im capping the game right now....

    Definately not worldbeaters, but as the last 4 weeks have shown they are better than 60% of nfl teams... the record doesnt show it, but as far as im concerned this is helping the betting opportunities cuz public blindly bets against them ...

    hope that helps some....

  27. #97

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

    BTW, West Virginia won SU.

    OH believe me i know, i was flipping back and forth between the Pitt/Cle game watching it... that damn Kilicli was KILLIN me with good rebounds then TRAVELING... wtf guy....

    it made my night though since i parlayed it with uconn

  28. #98

    Any of these lately in the NBA? Haven't seen any lately...but I also haven't looked too closely
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/14/2014


  29. #99

    Quote Originally Posted by samgurt View Post
    Any of these lately in the NBA? Haven't seen any lately...but I also haven't looked too closely
    Knicks -2.5(-139) juiced to high hell. Clippers may be a play tomorrow, even they are overrated with poor half court execution. They devolve into what ever CP3 can create in half court sets, and their defense is poor.

  30. #100

    Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Knicks -2.5(-139) juiced to high hell. Clippers may be a play tomorrow, even they are overrated with poor half court execution. They devolve into what ever CP3 can create in half court sets, and their defense is poor.
    I see it even reached -146 at one point, plus it opened as a small home fave, which I like to fade.

    You're really rolling the dice playing the NBA right now though.

  31. #101

    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I see it even reached -146 at one point, plus it opened as a small home fave, which I like to fade.

    You're really rolling the dice playing the NBA right now though.
    For once....you're correct. Once MLB starts, people should quit betting the NBA till the playoffs start.

First 123
Top