chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

uhh...thats not josh's fault at all. people are really imbeciles at the ballpark when it comes to foul balls. You got dads dropping their daughters, a woman tearing a ball out of a little girls hand then high fiving her friend, and then you got this.

what is it about foul balls that makes otherwise smart, reasonable adults act like complete imbeciles? Every time a foul ball is hit there's a mad scramble for it like it's made of gold. I can go to sports authority and buy a baseball right now.

let this be a lesson to you, if a ball is hit your way...LET IT GO.

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Announcers where laughing like douchebags I am sure they feel horrible now! This is one of the most terrible things I have ever seen poor guy dies right in front of his son.

mikeanite
    mikeanite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

Josh will never be the same again.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

wow. fuk it, it's a baseball. josh is going to do drugs tonight. i'm serious, he might be in trouble because of his drug addiction past.

physed
    physed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

Strange that the guy that fell from the 2nd deck last year was also a fire fighter.

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

Fans are just stupid. Risking their lives for a freakin ball...

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

That's a tough one....not sure I get the whole Hamilton "relapse" theory....100 players a day toss balls into the stands, he had nothing to do with it other than toss the ball into an area of the stands

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Thanks for upsetting me on a Friday morning

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Like deuce said he had to hit his head, other way he could of died

Man died over a $10 ball

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

I hate to say this but they need to stop tossing balls to fans.

this is exactly why the nfl doesn't allow balls to be thrown in the stands. people kill each other over them.

josh hamilton must be a mess right now

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68471

This is a terrible tragedy.

So sad.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

On the bright side, he'll make the list for 1000 ways to die for sure on the Spike TV

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Reminds me of the time

Back in about 76 I was in 10th grade and me and a friend went to AWA wrestling in the Duluth Arena in Minnesota.It was an old style arena with an upper tier balcony.So the main bout was reaching it's choreographed climax with open head wounds taking place.etc.A father with about a 5 year old kid was right in front of us in the first row of the upper deck and was into the wrestling and didn't see what his kid was up to.The kid was hanging over the balcony with one hand on the railing and me and my friend had to rescue the kid.The guy got pissed at us.hehe!No doubt about it,10 seconds later and the kid would have been dead.It was nothing heroic,just a simple reaction on our behalf.

The only other time I saved someone was a Saturday night during deer hunting season in November where me and a friend stopped at different friends hunting shacks to have a few beers.We got into one shack with 3 brothers and their dad and right away we could smell an open gas leak.If a leak takes place while you are in an enclosed area you can't smell it happening gradually.Someone from the fresh cold air coming in can smell that additive they put in gas right away.That additive is meant to do that because gas has no smell.Anyway,all 4 would have been dead by the next morning.I was never really a drinker and driver type but if the same laws for driving with a few under your belt were applied back then like they are now,we never would have drove to this shack and that's what saved them.We probably were both like .13 or something.These shacks are in he boonies with no night traffic but now people won't drive them drunk because even the game wardens pull you over like a cop.

Somebody should tell Hamilton it can happen by pure fate that you either save someone by accident or were an inocent party that just so happened to be a part of why someone died accidentally through no fault of your own.I used to work at a mine where a guy got stuck in an ore crusher and a newbie didn't know which switch to pull to save the guy.Of course the guy blamed himself but he had nothing to do with operating the crusher and had no idea which shut off buttons to push.etc.It would have been like taking over a 747 after the pilots died for your average passenger.They can control planes from the ground now where auto pilot takes over.They really don't need pilots anymore from what I'm told.

Now the safety devices on stuff will be the cause of someones death.Try getting away in a sticky situation with a Ford Taurus and the doors will lock you out,the horn will blow and thelights will come on.etc.The bad guy holding you hostage would blow you away.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 07-08-11 at 07:06 AM.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish View Post
    Wow what a bunch of retards the announcers are, its not like he fell 3 feet.
    these were the A's announcers how are they suppose to know...for all they knew there was a net or something down there.

jbrent95
    jbrent95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1450

Wow. This is sad. It just proves that anyday can be your last.

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

This is a sad situation. One can't blame Josh as players thow balls into the stands daily. I think from now on though the players need to throw balls into the lower level field sections period, not high into the stands like this case. It is just a shame though, and I feel that all ballparks need a higher railing, or netting below all mid to upper levels.

dvsbmx
    dvsbmx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 966

Shit happens, plain and simple. Hopefully Hamilton won't take it to heart.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    these were the A's announcers how are they suppose to know...for all they knew there was a net or something down there.
    Is a net that expensive? Not like it will block view or anything. Something to catch a person falling in the gap. This is pretty standard at construction sites.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1794

This happens all the time and announcers usually have a laugh at it because no one dies, it usually just a "blooper", you can't see how far the guy falls on here.

Anyway, it was his choice to dive after the ball, no one made him do it. Shitty way to die.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    He didn't even mean to do it.....poor guy and of course poor fan who died as a result of it too. Apparently Connor Jackson of the Oakland A's hit a foul ball which Hamilton picked up and tossed to some guy in the stands at the Rangers game tonight. The fan reached over the railing to try and catch the foul ball and eventually fell over and landed 20 feet down into a camera booth where he landed on his head and died on the spot. The deceased fan's little boy was there and watched the whole thing too. Pretty terrible stuff. My guess is Josh Hamilton will be hitting the booze tonight. http://http<br /> <br /> ://sports.y...ngers-fanfalls

you are an idiot

ukbsktbll
    ukbsktbll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

crazy

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Very unfortunate accident.

frognose20
    frognose20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 185

That's crazy. Who would want a ball that bad?

GGRIF82
    GGRIF82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

You need to watch your wording you idiot!!!

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

what a freak accident. That kid will need hours upon hours of therapy to remain normal

jkilla990
    jkilla990's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow that really sad, when i heard someone fell off the stands and died I thought it was the stereotypical drunk guy leaning too far, but this is just sad news

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Is a net that expensive? Not like it will block view or anything. Something to catch a person falling in the gap. This is pretty standard at construction sites.
    I read that this is the 3rd time something like this happened in this park, you would think they would've already done something to prevent this problem.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

the guy already has a guilty conscience, I would bet this has a big effect on him...These born again types are accidents waiting to happen

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

dude, change the title....

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    the guy already has a guilty conscience, I would bet this has a big effect on him...These born again types are accidents waiting to happen

Couldn't agree more. Hope they keep this guy on suicide watch or something. Depression at the very least.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Oh that poor little boy. Heartbreaking.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12503

This is such a tragedy. Maybe fences will be put up to prevent this type of accident from occurring.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Just an awful tragedy.

GGRIF82
    GGRIF82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

why dont you end this trend!

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Imagine just seeing something like that first hand as Josh Hamilton did....just insane. You're coming to the stadium "ho-hum just another ball game" and then SPLAT!

First 1234 Last