VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Horton Done For Playoffs

Nathan Horton ruled out for the remainder of the playoffs, which doesn't come as a big surprise. Reports say he has a severe concussion.

Vancouver came into the den last night and has awoken the bear. Watch the fukk out, frogs....I think it's going to get ugly!

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Vancouver in 6....Lock it up!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Not if they play like they did last night...they won't win another game.

Luongo is a fragile, giving up 8 will effect him.

Bruins win Game 4 3-2, maybe 4-2 w/ EN

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Vancouver will win the next 2.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Won't happen, boss.

sonyman
    sonyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

dude took a heck of a hit then fell to the ice---tough deal

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

This is a tough series to read.

Boston lost both games in Vancouver by a goal - one in OT and the other with like 18 seconds left in the 3rd and they blow them out last night after losing Horton where you thought it would have hurt the Bruins since they were having problems scoring especially on the power play. Then after the hit, they explode for 8 with 2 PP goals.

Vancouver might have had most of the play in Games 1 and 2, but not last night. I think the key in this series is obviously Thomas for the Bruins. If he plays like he did last night, they have a great chance to come back in this series ( I don't think he played poorly in the first two). It will be interesting if the Bruins tie the series up, what the Canucks mental frame of mind will be for that game 5 back in Vancouver.

I liked Boston in 6 before the series began, but it will be difficult for them to win 4 in a row. Possible but difficult.

Game 4 is obviously HUGE for the B's .....looking forward to watching it.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

game 4 is a must win for the bruins in my opinion. Now, i did not say this about game 2, because i think its easier to come back from 0-2 than from 3-1, especially if games 3 and 4 are at home. Losing Horton is huge. yes, they blew canucks out yesterday without him. but i dont see this happening every game. bruins now only have 2 right wings (if thornton plays). sure, seguin, peverley, kelly can play right wing. but still. losing horton is huge. That top line has been great for boston. Can the bruins win? sure. but losing Horton is huge. And to the argument that "losing horton helps them because it gives them motivation to win for him"... i just disagree. glad they got motivated by it. but its tough to think that the bruins are better without horton, just because of the desire to win for him. What, when they had him, they didn't want to win? if they want to win as much as possible, not sure how much of a boost they can get from this. If they do get a motivational boost to win from it, why didn't they want to win this bad to begin with? hmm.... losing horton is a big loss for the bruins. It's like vancouver losing kessler or daniel sedin. but i agree with Greekster that it's a tough series to read. vancouver won both those home games... but BARELY. they were very close. With horton in lineup, i think bruins have shown are just as good as vancouver 5-on-5. Without horton, i'd have to give the edge to vancouver. Obviously, if Thomas plays out of his mind and takes over the series.... bruins can win lol. i love how he silenced his critics in the press conference. Some reporter basically blamed him for the goal and asked him why he overcommitted.... thomas just said "um... i think i have a pretty good idea of how to play goaltender. so i'm not going to be taking suggestions at this time." and just laughed. If Chara hit or boxed out burrows, Thomas' overcommitting was the right play because there were no other vancouver players he could pass to. its not like it was a 2-on-1. he only had to stop 1 guy and there was no threat of a pass. so that's why he overcommitted. Chara should have hit burrows or at least boxed him out. Obviously seidenburg gets the blame for turning the puck over and creating that chance in my opinion though.

anyway, im done rambling. what the hell do i know? lol. Go bruins!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

paragraphs hockey216, paragraphs. please.

Tk Fo Sho
    Tk Fo Sho's Avatar Become A Pro!

The canucks are a bunch of pussies. I hope Boston beats them 8-1 the next three games...

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Tk Fo Sho View Post
    The canucks are a bunch of pussies. I hope Boston beats them 8-1 the next three games...
    Bruins came out hitting and they hit back. Booooo Hoooo. Chara knows all about dirty hits anyway.

azimm11
    azimm11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1757

Tough loss for the Bruins. Going to need some players to really step up and produce goals for them. Another big problem with this Boston team is all the concussion troubles they have with there go-to players. Horton, Bergeron, and Savard have all had severe concussion issues..I think that will take it's tole over time

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

poor kid grows up in canada dreaming one day to hoist lord stanley, just like every other kid in canada. his parents, his family, his friends are all watching.... and now he's here and has a chance, and because of one jerk, he might never now get the chance to ever do it. life is not fair.. now nathan has to suffer this because of this guy. you know how tough it's going to be for horton to have to watch the series from the stands, or from his bed, instead of being on the ice and living his dream..not that good a feeling. he probably will never be there again.

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Blind sided, late hit to the head-No need for that. Rome is a scummer. As well as the Van. fans in attendance for cheering and boing while Horton was down an out.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by POTVINSUX View Post
    Blind sided, late hit to the head-No need for that. Rome is a scummer. As well as the Van. fans in attendance for cheering and boing while Horton was down an out.
    he was not blindsided. Horton had his head down. if you don't skate with your head up, you're going to take huge hits. it happened to me when iplayed. horton was looking to his left at the puck instead of straight ahead.

Horton is 6'2" and Rome is 6'1". How could he hit his head if he's smaller? It's because Horton wasn't standing up tall. he was turning, slightly bent over, and not looking. If Horton had his head up, he would have seen rome coming. Then, he would have stood up tall and prepared for the hit. And this wouldnt have happened.

And his shoulder barely made contact with his head. it was on the bottom half/neck area mostly. not like he drilled him in the eyes with his shoulder.

Late hit? yes. Definitely a late hit. Dirty? A little bit, but not that much. I've been laid out like this before in hockey. I never got concussion from it. But i've really taken some huge hits. almost all of them were my fault for skating with my head down. Hockey is a very physical sport, and big hits are a part of the game. You cant lean over and skate low to the ice, especially with your head down. If you don't have your head up, you're gonna get laid out. But Rome was still out of line for the late hit. But horton would have avoided the concussion if he had his head up, as he would have stood up tall and prepared for the hit.

And im a bruins fan. I'm devastated over this. Horton is a huge loss for the bruins.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Not even worth a penny on the ML........

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    he was not blindsided. Horton had his head down. if you don't skate with your head up, you're going to take huge hits. it happened to me when iplayed. horton was looking to his left at the puck instead of straight ahead.

Horton is 6'2" and Rome is 6'1". How could he hit his head if he's smaller? It's because Horton wasn't standing up tall. he was turning, slightly bent over, and not looking. If Horton had his head up, he would have seen rome coming. Then, he would have stood up tall and prepared for the hit. And this wouldnt have happened.

And his shoulder barely made contact with his head. it was on the bottom half/neck area mostly. not like he drilled him in the eyes with his shoulder.

Late hit? yes. Definitely a late hit. Dirty? A little bit, but not that much. I've been laid out like this before in hockey. I never got concussion from it. But i've really taken some huge hits. almost all of them were my fault for skating with my head down. Hockey is a very physical sport, and big hits are a part of the game. You cant lean over and skate low to the ice, especially with your head down. If you don't have your head up, you're gonna get laid out. But Rome was still out of line for the late hit. But horton would have avoided the concussion if he had his head up, as he would have stood up tall and prepared for the hit.

And im a bruins fan. I'm devastated over this. Horton is a huge loss for the bruins.

I guess you didnt notice rome jumping up in teh air to close the gap. The hit was dirty and it was late.
    For being a bruins fan you sure don't show it. geez Why the hell are you defending a dirty hit?
    I guess the Bruins should be like the canucks whenever they see someone coming they hit the ice, or turn there back...

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vancouver in 5.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    I guess you didnt notice rome jumping up in teh air to close the gap. The hit was dirty and it was late.
    For being a bruins fan you sure don't show it. geez Why the hell are you defending a dirty hit?
    I guess the Bruins should be like the canucks whenever they see someone coming they hit the ice, or turn there back...

i am devastated over this. big loss for bruins. and im not defending the hit. it was late. but i dont think it was that dirty. but horton got hit that hard because he didnt have his head up and brace himself. it was hortons own fault he got blindsided. you have to keep your head up, otherwise you wont see the hit coming. Maybe i need my eyes checked, but i've watch the replay of the hit about 20 times on youtube. After the collision, Rome lost balance and got lifted in the air slightly. But i did not see him jump into horton. he did not jump prior to the hit. from what i can see after watching the tape many times, the hit was only high because horton was turning, had his knees really bent and was skating lower to the ice. If horton was standing up tall, Romes shoulder wouldnt have hit his head. NHL ruled that reason for suspension was 1)the severity of injury and 2) the timing of the hit. they said it was late. The NHL did not rule that the hit was high or dirty, just that it was late.

you're free to disagree, and i respect your opinion. But from judging the video, and the photo, it does not appear Rome jumped into him.
    Attached Images  
    Points Awarded:

stig99 gave hockey216 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stig99 gave hockey216 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

LOL @ Rome jumping. Watch the replay you morons and you will see his feet are firmly planted on the ice when contact is made.

Back to the shire for Horton the hobbit.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stupidest post of the day right here folks. Wasn't a blind side hit retard...anyone that watches hockey can see that. Really the Canucks fans cheering and booing...do you really think you could hear them over all the Boston fans? idiot. I think it was more of Boston fans booing the shit outta Rome. Should I mention i'm not a fan of either of these teams either.

Cuse0323

props to hockey216 for being objective especially as a bruins fan.

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

got to pound the swedish fairies hard. hope thornton knocks 1 of those gimps out.

Viperpiper
    Viperpiper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

Take a picture of Horton, Take the cover of the Planet of the Apes........ Put them side by side and LOL

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    LOL @ Rome jumping. Watch the replay you morons and you will see his feet are firmly planted on the ice when contact is made.

Back to the shire for Horton the hobbit.
    Classy, real classy post. Your telling me his feet were actually planted? LOL thats a joke. That little tiny jump that Rome took right before he made contact is what caused the concussion since his shoulder was now the same height as Horton's head.

I would of called it a clean hockey play if it wasn't for that little jump which initiated contact with Horton's head. In conclusion, both players are out for the rest of the series. But Horton is a much bigger loss than Rome.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Classy, real classy post. Your telling me his feet were actually planted? LOL thats a joke. That little tiny jump that Rome took right before he made contact is what caused the concussion since his shoulder was now the same height as Horton's head.

I would of called it a clean hockey play
    if it wasn't for that little jump which initiated contact with Horton's head. In conclusion, both players are out for the rest of the series. But Horton is a much bigger loss than Rome.

Take your testosterone pills sir your estrogen levels are clearly maxed out

Someone posted a pic of the hit when contact was made and his feet are on
    the ice. You think when you hit a 200+ pound guy you're not gonna bounce? Come on mannnnnn.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Someone said he left his feet to close the gap? Umm what gap was that? That half an inch as clearly displayed in the pic?

When you hit a big guy like Horton you think your skates are gonna stay firmly planted post contact on the ice? If you think so, clearly you've never stepped foot on ice before.
    Attached Images  

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Quote Originally Posted by Viperpiper View Post
    Take a picture of Horton, Take the cover of the Planet of the Apes........ Put them side by side and LOL
    What would you rather be in life....Rich and ugly ? or Poor and good looking ?

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Greekster View Post
    This is a tough series to read. Boston lost both games in Vancouver by a goal - one in OT and the other with like 18 seconds left in the 3rd and they blow them out last night after losing Horton where you thought it would have hurt the Bruins since they were having problems scoring especially on the power play. Then after the hit, they explode for 8 with 2 PP goals. Vancouver might have had most of the play in Games 1 and 2, but not last night. I think the key in this series is obviously Thomas for the Bruins. If he plays like he did last night, they have a great chance to come back in this series ( I don't think he played poorly in the first two). It will be interesting if the Bruins tie the series up, what the Canucks mental frame of mind will be for that game 5 back in Vancouver. I liked Boston in 6 before the series began, but it will be difficult for them to win 4 in a row. Possible but difficult. Game 4 is obviously HUGE for the B's .....looking forward to watching it.
    WTF the first constructive post I've ever seen from you. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tk Fo Sho View Post
    How are the Hawksuckers enjoying their Chelsea Dagger now?

LMAO it's Boston. Switch the situation around and the fans would be high-fiving and calling the Canucks player a fcukin' pussy. Boston is one of the most heartless sporting markets out there. Don't play devil's advocate.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Someone said he left his feet to close the gap? Umm what gap was that? That half an inch as clearly displayed in the pic?

When you hit a big guy like Horton you think your skates are gonna stay firmly planted post contact on the ice? If you think so, clearly you've never stepped foot on ice before.
    Its pretty obvious he launched for the head... if he was trying to drive his body through an unsuspecting Horton, his legs/skates wouldn't have gone straight into the air (which they clearly did). Horton wasn't braced for the hit at all, because he knew there was too much distance between them when he got rid of the puck for a legal check to be made.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Its pretty obvious he launched for the head... if he was trying to drive his body through an unsuspecting Horton, his legs/skates wouldn't have gone straight into the air (which they clearly did). Horton wasn't braced for the hit at all, because he knew there was too much distance between them when he got rid of the puck for a legal check to be made.
    For sure I agree the intent to hit him as hard as he could was there. The actual hit was clean in terms of no elbow, no jumping that's the point I was trying to make. Shoulder to head hits happen all the time. If Horton would have gotten up right away it would have been 2 minutes for interference and we wouldn't be having this discussion right now though.

Never like to see anyone taken off on a stretcher, regardless of what team he's on. Hope Horton is alright. I'm honestly happy Rome won't be playing, as that would just give the B's extra motivation.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22524

No consistancy with getting 4 games.
    Just politically correct!

Reg. season game......nothing.
    Rome is no Goon....never has been.....no history.........?????
    Toughest suspension ever in a Cup final for that?????

I just hope Horton will be okay!

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

For sure I agree the intent to hit him as hard as he could was there. The actual hit was clean in terms of no elbow, no jumping that's the point I was trying to make. Shoulder to head hits happen all the time. If Horton would have gotten up right away it would have been 2 minutes for interference and we wouldn't be having this discussion right now though.

Never like to see anyone taken off on a stretcher, regardless of what team he's on. Hope Horton is alright. I'm honestly happy Rome won't be playing, as that would just give the B's extra motivation.

Agreed... hopefully we don't see another Crosby/Savard result of this concussion

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7917

the voice of reason.

its beyond me that someone can actually watch the video and then still post that he left his feet!