tropolis
    tropolis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is gambling a political issue for you?

Would you consider a candidates position on gambling important to you voting for them?

If I remember back in 08 several said they would vote for Obama because he was a card player who may be more privy to repealing gambling laws compared to McCain.

Looking back on the UIGEA, which is what has terrorized these books, it passed senate 98-0, the House 421-2, and was signed by Bush.

Oh and for those Ron Paul voters, he voted yes for the bill.

Personally for me gambling isn't a political issue.

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Ron Paul voted for the Safe Port Act, the UIGEA part of that bill was added at the last second. Paul is against the UIGEA.

And no, I don't consider a candidates position on gambling when voting -- because I don't vote. I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning or getting killed by a drunk driver than I do of influencing the result of an election.

cloudagh
    cloudagh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Vote for the candidate that believes in limited government. That will ultimately help the cause of personal choice.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

ron paul 2012

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes.

Ron Paul 2012.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

it is a huge political issue to me. unfortunately the supporters of freedom are limited. but who would vote for barney frank...