Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=21616652'>posted</a> on 04/11/2014:

Someone dropped me a note about this thread and I wanted to drop in and say hello. I am flattered that anyone takes the time to even mention me.

1. I am not sure why people want to create a Texas Death Style match between me and AJ. I like AJ and we became internet friends several years back and I would help him anyway I could and know he would do the same for me. He's an excellent capper and I respect him.

2. This thread has several similarities to others in the past to the point where one of my biggest stalkers for years (Rotfin, he uses the same screen name other places) still loves to bash me here.

3. I think people should understand. I am a regular guy and have a job and work 40-60 hours a week. This is a hobby for me. Like so many of us, I don't talk to my family or colleagues at work about gambling and I enjoy the camaraderie and being able to confide in, laugh and complain with "internet" friends who can relate to it on an anonymous basis.

4. All I do is post and share information. I have had success online in the past and I have been offered money numerous times by people and have been offered to join large tout services as well as go on radio. I have turned down every offer and HAVE NEVER ASKED ANYONE for a penny.

5. Why someone like Rotfin (or anyone else for that matter) feels the need to bash someone who posts on message boards and twitter for free and asks for absolutely nothing in return is beyond me, but that reflects on his jealousy and character and not mine.

6. Every game I post is a game I bet a lot of money on. I am not responsible for trying to guess where the line will go in 5 minutes, 10 minutes or 3 hours after I post my games. People read my posts at different times and there is no way for me to insure that the line I post is the line they will get when they read my post. In addition, I play a dime line and many followers play at shops offering 20 cent spreads so there is no way those people will get the same line. However, I 100% assure everyone that when I make the post, that is the line that I played and was available at that time.

7. As for record keeping, I'd understand the arguments that have been made in this thread and one other thread if I was asking people for money and if I was getting paid. However, as stated above, I am just an "everyday average guy" posting plays for free and asking for NOTHING in return. I am not manipulating a record or posting it at any given time to sell people something and gain anything. As such, I have no responsibility to update a record, post plays or do anything. However, I do my best to keep as accurate an accounting as possible. Now I will admit that when I go on a bit of a cold streak, record keeping becomes a bit more of a chore and sometimes I get frustrated and may not update it for several days and that it is a lot more exciting and fun to update when I am winning. Heck, I'm human! But sometimes, I do get really busy with work, family and life and I can't keep up with the daily chore of posting and accounting. Heck, this Spring Training I went 72-40 and killed it but I wasn't able to update my unit count until the end when I was finally able to sit down for an hour one day and do the math. The problem is once you fall a day or two behind, it snowballs and becomes a task.

8. Someone mentioned I quit during some seasons. I wouldn't call it "quitting." I set goals for myself. I consider gambling a form of investing. If I reach my season goal, I may stop. If I tail off after the all-star break, I may stop. If I think linemakers are making very sharp lines, I may stop. When rosters expand in September and teams' motivation changes, it often changes the dynamic and I may stop. To call it quitting is to act like someone paid me for a season long subscription and I cut them short. I call it shrewd to stop when you reach your goal or when you think you no longer have an edge over the market. If someone else thinks that's "quitting" than I think they have a gambling problem.

9. My style may be different than many out there. All I am doing is sharing my insight and information. I am not asking anyone to follow me. I even took the time to write a lengthy article on it and if it helps anyone, great! Out of respect for SBR, I won't post the link here. I play larger volume than most and people bash me every year that I play too many games. All I can say is it has worked for me and I have been profitable and I even wrote an article explaining it.

10. I lost last season and I don't guarantee anything. I have been fortunate that over the last 5 years while posting for free on open forums and Twitter, I have shown an aggregate profit of approximately +250 units averaging 1.3 units a game. However, that doesn't guarantee anything about the future. I am off to a crazy good start this season which can't possibly continue at this pace and I won +21 units in Spring Training and I'm +35 units the first 10 days of the Regular Season. However, even that doesn't insure that I will be profitable this season. So if it makes anyone feel better to tell people I lost last season, I confirm that I lost between 5-10 units last season.

11. I have great respect for the SBR Forum and it's a great resource. My philosophy is and has always been we are here to help each other. There are many people who have helped me become a better handicapper and I continue to learn. None of us are the enemy. The only thing that really matters is trying to beat "your man" and collect from him each week. He is the enemy. So I certainly do not understand why someone would take the time to bash me or any other poster who tries to share and be respectful.

12. I just wanted to clear the air on a few things. I do this for fun and because I enjoy it. When it becomes like a job and is no longer enjoyable, that is when I will stop posting. Sometimes people like Rotfin take the fun out of it, but there are others who make it well worthwhile. As I stated, I never asked anyone to give me a penny. I am actually proud of the fact that when I have helped people who follow me and they have asked what they can do for me in return, I have told them rather than doing something for me, I have asked that they make donations to a children's charity that is near and dear to my family. Last month, over $3,000 was donated to the charity. I think it's important to remember those who are less fortunate. If someone has a problem with that, there is something wrong with that person! I wish everyone the best of luck!