Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
I saw that video already Opie. You went big because you had an edge--you're a smart fellow. But against the books, you don't have an edge, which brings me back to the original point, how much is a smart and family-conscious man willing to bet knowing that he'll likely lose?
Not much. My typical bet runs from $50 to $100. I have placed a few $1000 plays, but those always seem to lose so I try to avoid them!

I lost $2500 to Bookmaker in the past year. That includes last years MLB playoffs, and all of this past football season. The Rangers long playoff run certainly helped. Had built it up to about 6k before game 6, but that loss took my mojo away in more ways than one.

We go to Vegas about 6-8 times a year, but we're certainly not high rollers out there either. My wife grinds out a ton of points on slots, but my action doesn't add up to much besides a few free dinners. She gets us free rooms.

I'm smart enough to know that numbers aren't my strong suit. I realize gambling is never going to provide for my family, but I enjoy the action, so I keep my losses to a minimum and simply make it a fun hobby. It's my escape from the drudgery of real life.

I realize that this philosophy differs from 99% of the guys on here (all winners), but we just enjoy gambling. The occasional wins are icing on the cake.

Good luck, pal.