C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Ryan Fitzpatrick deserves to be a starter in the NFL

I'm shocked to see guys like Jason Campbell lose a job and then be given the throne in their new homeland... at least for a little bit. Byron Leftwich is dumped from Jacksonville and is given a job in Tampa. Lots of these guys are given slack because of their "size" or "arm strength" or "mobility".

A few weeks ago I saw Ryan Fitzpatrick nearly single handidly beat the Baltimore Ravens. He was doing this despite little to no help from his teammates. His defense was getting plowed. His offensive lineman were jumping off sides to turn 3rd and 2's into 3rd and 7's. His lineman were missing blocks, his receivers were dropping passes, and this guy was facing a good Ravens defense. He operated fast, didn't complain, and did what he was supposed to do. I saw a good player surrounded by trash and he gave his team a chance to win a game they had no business being in.

Same thing with this weeks game vs the Bengals. His Bills put up 49 freaking points, he threw for over 300 yards and 4 tds. The guy is trying to win.

I just see guys like Jason Campbell given a chance over and over and over again, and he couldn't hold a candle to Ryan Fitzpatrick and nobody wants to give him a chance. If the Bills want Andrew Luck fine, but some team without a QB like Oakland, Jacksonville, Carolina, Arizona, 69ers, Minnesota would be crazy not to trade for him.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

i have buffalo under 5.5 wins for the season.

I really hope Ryan Fitz sprains his ankle.

C-Gold

I mean nobody really saw this... but the guy had a 300 yard game I believe in his first NFL start with the rams. He's done well. He even had some decent games with the Bengals. He's been a cast away but I think this guy gets it. He operates and thinks quick... No surprise for a guy from Harvard. He's mobile too. A good leader. My one complaint is his size but with all his other positives I think he's worth it. I'd rather have a smart Fitz than some great big dumb ass like Jamarcus.

Dr.Money
    cash it.
    Dr.Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    I mean nobody really saw this... but the guy had a 300 yard game I believe in his first NFL start with the rams. He's done well. He even had some decent games with the Bengals. He's been a cast away but I think this guy gets it. He operates and thinks quick... No surprise for a guy from Harvard. He's mobile too. A good leader. My one complaint is his size but with all his other positives I think he's worth it. I'd rather have a smart Fitz than some great big dumb ass like Jamarcus.
    Im a bills fan, so my view might be biased, but I agree with what you're saying here.
    I'd rather us take a true LT or ILB in the draft. Its likely we will have a top 5 pick, I'm hoping we trade down and get a couple more picks, and solidify the line in front of him, starting with a LT. Time will tell, but the thinking in Buffalo is that Luck is the guy we are targeting. Fitzy is making people question that line of thinking.

C-Gold

If Luck is going to grow into a Phillip Rivers, Raplisburger, Manning, Matt Ryan type player than you take him, but 1st round QB's have a huge bust rate and a busted QB could set your organization back years. If the Bills trade him then they believe in Luck and I understand. but this guy is too good to sit and rot on the bench. Some other team would HAVE to call for him and start him. There are 5-6 teams in the league that don't have a QB and Fitz has showed me that he can WIN GAMES and doesn't have to be some bonafied game manager. If you put good pieces around him I'm sure he could be even better because the Bills are NOT a good football team right now, and I'm impressed with what he's doing.

Dr.Money
    cash it.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    If Luck is going to grow into a Phillip Rivers, Raplisburger, Manning, Matt Ryan type player than you take him, but 1st round QB's have a huge bust rate and a busted QB could set your organization back years. If the Bills trade him then they believe in Luck and I understand. but this guy is too good to sit and rot on the bench. Some other team would HAVE to call for him and start him. There are 5-6 teams in the league that don't have a QB and Fitz has showed me that he can WIN GAMES and doesn't have to be some bonafied game manager. If you put good pieces around him I'm sure he could be even better because the Bills are NOT a good football team right now, and I'm impressed with what he's doing.
    Fully in agreement.

C-Gold

Well you are a Bills fan, but I don't think the average person gets this. Fitzpatrick has been playing VERY well for what he's had. He's done well and doesn't deserve to be some journeyman. He easily easily easily outplayed Flacco in the Ravens/Bills game a few weeks ago. He looked like a top 10 QB where as what the heck did Flacco do vs the weak Bills D? Fitz was on the road ripping the Ravens up with a bunch of cast aways.

You build an offensive line and a defense and the Bills could be alright IMO. Lee Evans is good but the country wouldn't know it as he's be rotting away his whole career without a QB. Spiller could move, and Fitz operates quickly.

Let's Go Bills!
    Mario Williams...
    Let's Go Bills!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 609

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

He is a starter

Dr.Money
    cash it.

I just hope that the upper brass at one bills drive can see it this way too.
    Spiller and Jackson are nice out of the back field.
    our secondary is solid....no question. Addressing the pass rush and shoring up a run stopper or 3 would be something this team needs to do in the off-season. We have a few good players. Kyle Williams is an above average lineman this year, and if he is not, well, I dunno who is.....
    Fitzy has been better than expected. I just hope if we elect to keep him as QB, that we address the KEY weaknesses around him....and keep the offense going. This is a fun team to watch again. Its only gonna get better!
    Last edited by Dr.Money; 11-21-10 at 04:42 PM. Reason: corrected typo's

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Fitzpatrick beat his former team the Bengals.

I did see the Bills winning this weekend. It's on my best plays for this week.

C-Gold

Yeah and Buffalo deserves a good team, they haven't been good in ages. Build the defense and give that small market team with a good fan base a winner!

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

he filled in nicely in my FF league for matt 'no talent ass clown' schaub

Dr.Money
    cash it.

Bills name fitzy starter for 2011. Now we can address the O-Line and the glaring defensive needs.

is this good or bad news for the Bills??

thoughts?

espn, bleacher report and buffalo bills cite the story.

check em out.

piecemaker
    piecemaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most underrated QB in the NFL right now, Period.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by piecemaker View Post
    Most underrated QB in the NFL right now, Period.
    Exactly. If he had a rocket arm, or was 6'5 250, or was a running black quarterback, or went to Notre Dame with THE EXACT SAME PERFORMANCE people would be talking about him. If he was the QB for the Dallas Cowboys they'd be calling him Jesus with all the hype about him being their savior.

He's just a smart QB, doing what he's supposed to do in Buffalo on a garbage team. He doesn't wow you physically but if you really understand the QB position you see this guy doing a lot of things correct.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

The teams moving to Toronto And i'll still be a Falcons fan to th death of me. Move the team out Buffalo aka the Arm Pit on the USA!

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

He'll have the job next year for sure if he keeps this up.

C-Gold

Once again Fitz had a good game but that stats don't tell the true story. Troy P. had a late int off of a tipped pass that really should have been caught for maybe even a TD... He also had his WR S. Johnson drop a sure fire game winning TD. Fitzpatrick looks like a top 15 quarterback, if the guys around him did what they were supposed to do the average fan would see this. The average fan or the average announcer doing the Bills can't can't appreciate what he does, they need to see some scrambler run around to say LOOK, HE'S MOBILE. Fitzpatrick has been the real deal and deserves to be a starter.

Kyle Williams also DOMINATED Kemoyatu this game, it wasn't even close.

laxbrah420
    laxbrah420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

I'm a Bills fan and I disagree. The guy is intelligent, but he's actually the benefactor of a good system..as crazy as that sounds. He's incredibly inaccurate +15 yards and his mistakes outweigh his success. He's got a terribly low release and when he goes long he almost always overshoots. His makes too many mistakes in the second half to be considered a viable option in the NFL. Being better than edwards, losman, brohm, hamdan, brown is why he's starting...not actual skill.

With that said, I dont want a QB in the first round. He'll do for another season.

C-Gold

If you want Andrew Luck because you think he's going to turn into a Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisburger type that's fine. But Fitzpatrick deserves to start in the NFL. He shits on Losman, Edwards, and all the other Bills retreads.

You want to talk about talent? How about having the smarts to throw the ball to open receivers? His completion percentage wasn't great this game? He was playing the Steelers in a windy stadium.

He could easily start for...
    Minnesota
    Arizona
    Carolina
    Oakland
    49ers
    Cleveland
    Jacksonville
    Denver
    Buffalo next year

He's better than guys starting for other teams as well... case in point Kansas City

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Boom 7-7 buff/ne

9:43 Buffalo Bills BUF TD
    Ryan Fitzpatrick passed to Scott Chandler to the right for 24 yard gain (Rian Lindell made PAT)
    7 - 7