alphaecho
    alphaecho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is this a good betting strategy?

Take your sure thing, let's pretend this week it's Green Bay -9 against the Niners for 25 bucks, which pays 22.73.

Then, you take that game and take the 49ers at +9, and another 2 teams in a parley.

If Green Bay covers, you get paid. Your parley fails, however, it doesn't matter because you lost zero money as one win covers the parlay loss.

However, if Green Bay doesn't cover, then your parlay is already 1/3rd complete, and you have a good shot at turning that 22.72 into almost 150 bucks, or 6-1. Thoughts?

Plu$Money
    Plu$Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 185

Stick to straight plays.. Parlays will eat your money

emoney
    emoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I've had a lot of parlays that were "1/3 complete" that did not hit.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

everyone calls teasers the sucker bet but the true sucker bet are teasers.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

lol its late and that didnt make sense so i'll try again

everyone calls teasers sucker bets but the true sucker bets are parlays.

Schmitty78
    UCLA +2 and Miami -2
    Schmitty78's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlays are the devil and so is gambling. Want the best suggestion don't start, it will only screw you in the end.

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

So in scenario you are hoping sf wins but u also have to hit 2 other games...very difficult task...i prefer 2 team parlays in the nfl with no hedge

jagermeister1
    jagermeister1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

It seems too simple to work, but I look at it and I don't see the downside. Better make the plays at different books though.

jagermeister1

Keep it simple and just do two-team parlays. Is there something I'm missing though?

jagermeister1

I think the problem arises when the Niners cover, but you've lost 25 on the Pack, and now you're playing the second game at shitty odds, worse than if you were to just take it straight up.

And if it's a 3-team parlay... I don't know. Somehow it can't be that easy or there would be a million people doing it.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

This is like trying to find a system for craps. You combine bad wagers, no matter how you combine them, they're still bad wagers.

Once, I thought to myself, maybe some combination of "Don't pass" and "hard numbers" will work out, because the seven roll that screws up the hard bets will pay you out on the "Don't Pass" line. Of course I ran the numbers and no matter how you slice it, you still lose.

Any time you take uncorrelated parlays, you are giving up an edge to the books. The only reason to do it is for the fun of the big hit.