brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Why do the Bears Continue to get no Respect from Vegas??

this team keeps being underdogs in games which they should be favorites as. This is just ridiculous

this week, they face a terrible lions team that has lost the last 2 games by 37 points and yet the bears are only 3 point favorites??

to give you guys an idea of how good the bears have been recently for gambling purposes...you could have taken an adjusted line for this team with 200+ payout and they would have covered every one of the last 3 spreads they have faced

expect the bears to dominate again this week. That defense is in razor sharp form and Jay cutler/running game are also getting into rhythm

Bears - 27
    Lions - 10

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

lions play close, come from behind and bear have gotten lucky alot.. (not always, but alot).. that is why i think..

and i lean bears, but no play.. coz my inner voice is saying i am crazy.. lol

good luck with your play!

Robust

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Bears get lucky?? they won the 2 games before the eagles game by a combined 30 points

they were leading late in that eagles game by 18 points, the eagles just got 2 garbage time TDs and a miraculous catch into quadruple coverage by Celek to make the score seem close

da Bearz will dominate again this week

dchecks
    dchecks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

This has nothing to do with who is a better football team. This has to do with Vegas getting killed by the Lions covering 7 out of 11 games. According to the SBR NFL odds and scores the game opened at -7, the sharps jumped on it, and pushed the number to -3. Bettors understand that the lions can/will cover if given the right number of points. I think line reflects more of the fact that the Lions have been able to cover a lot of games this year..

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Lions are a better team than last season. Bears defense vs Lions offense.

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

This is just ridiculous

hustla
    hustla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5619

Quote Originally Posted by dchecks View Post
    This has nothing to do with who is a better football team. This has to do with Vegas getting killed by the Lions covering 7 out of 11 games. According to the SBR NFL odds and scores the game opened at -7, the sharps jumped on it, and pushed the number to -3. Bettors understand that the lions can/will cover if given the right number of points. I think line reflects more of the fact that the Lions have been able to cover a lot of games this year..
    typo, opening line was Bears -3

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

I don't think it was ever 3 flat. It was basically 3.5. Remember the NYJ were -5.5 in Det and Pats -6. So how high was it going to be? Not even that big of a difference between 3.5 and 5.5/6. Probably should have opened 4, but I don't think you can quibble too much with the line. If it was ever -3-110, that was a gift.

hustla
    hustla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5619

it was -3 -120, -4.5 -112 now

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears beat Detroit 19-14 at home, and should have lost that game. That was week 1 with the ridiculous ruling on the Detroit catch in the endzone not being a TD in the closing seconds. They also lost at home to Seattle and Washington. Just exactly how much respect do they deserve? They're RF's. They're certainly not the first team to play three good games in a row.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Bears beat Detroit 19-14 at home, and should have lost that game. That was week 1 with the ridiculous ruling on the Detroit catch in the endzone not being a TD in the closing seconds. They also lost at home to Seattle and Washington. Just exactly how much respect do they deserve? They're RF's. They're certainly not the first team to play three good games in a row.
    Bears outgained Detroit by 280 yards in that game too. They actually shoulda won by like 3 TD's. Every team has losses you can point too. Detroit doesn't have too many wins to point to.

Vinnybagadonuts
    Vinnybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Two words...

Jay Cutler

If you can predict when he plays good or when he sucks, then you've got something. Until then...

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnybagadonuts View Post
    Two words...

Jay Cutler

If you can predict when he plays good or when he sucks, then you've got something. Until then...
    Pretty much this. Cutler is due for a bad game, why not against the lowly Lions?

The Bears are not that impressive this year, but they are getting wins, which is all that matters. As long as Cutler plays well, they have a shot, but once the pressure gets to him, he'll fold like usual

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

my book hasn't reposted the line since news of Lions QB injury. Is it confirmed the back up (what's his name, is he a rookie?) will be starting?

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

sharp action was early on chi moving the line from -3 to -4.5.. (bet tracker).. just what i am leaning.. but i don't trust chi to dominate and keep the lead in the fourth.. no play for me.. call me a wooz.. lol

this game is a good candidate for an upset with the lions winning straight up..

good luck with your plays!

Robust