brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Somebody Convince me That Thursday Night Game Won't Be a Blowout

Texans have perhaps the worst defense in the entire league and the eagles defense is not as bad as looked sunday (neither one of their starting cornerbacks played vs Bears and they will play Thursday)

I'm smelling a 45-14 type blowout in this game. If Vick can get 380 total yards and 2 TDs vs the mighty bears defense, pretty sure he can get 450 total yards and 5 scores against this atrocious Houston defense at home

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Houston covers.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    Houston covers.

very informative and well thought out post

falconticket

Those type games are flukes. too many points for NFL. Good dog to play tomorrow. In my opinion.

falconticket

Yeah sorry. Not much info there. I dont do write ups . its just my view.

brahmabull117

how are the Texans gonna stop Vick at all though?? The texans have the worst defense in the league with the worst secondary and a mediocre pass rush

philadelphia will score damn near every possession in this game. Do you expect the final score of this game to be like 45-38??? cause that's the only way Texans are gonna cover the spread

falconticket

No vick is turnover prone. I would say more like 34 -27 Something similar to the last few houston games. They have kept it pretty tight in a lot of games. Its the nfl , not college. anyone can win

Lint Pockets
    Lint Pockets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

I have Houston Moneyline. The books want you to think the Eagles are gonna blow them out...sorry for the loss tomorrow Eagles fans.

brahmabull117

No vick is turnover prone. I would say more like 34 -27 Something similar to the last few houston games. They have kept it pretty tight in a lot of games. Its the nfl , not college. anyone can win

Vick is turnover prone?? he had like 1 fluke turnover last week against the best defense in the league (a defense with ferocious speed and athleticism, and Vick still went off for 380 yards and 2 TDs)

not only is houston the worst all around secondary in the league, but they are the worst defense for creating turnovers. I'm gonna watch to see if Asante Samuel is playing though.... without him, houston can make this a shootout and only lose by 7 points in a 42-35 type game

if Samuel plays though and Philly will win this by 2+ scores

falconticket

I wasnt referring to last week but his record overall. Remember he played here in atlanta a couple times. I know this guy.

falconticket

Anyway I'm locked in a +10. good luck whatever you decide.

brahmabull117

the problem is that Vick played a really really REALLY great defense in the bears last week...and still had an excellent game leading the Eagles to 26 total points and nearly 400 yards of offense

this texans defense is beyond horrible. I mean not only do they give up like 420 yards of offense a game but they nearly never force turnovers and have the worst secondary in the league

I would be SHOCKED if Vick doesn't go off for at least 35 points in this game

falconticket

I wouldn't be.

brahmabull117

I wouldn't be.

have u even watched the Texans defense this year??

the average QB they have faced this year has put up these numbers against them per game

24-36 288 Yards 2 TDs

this is the worst defense in the league bro. Remember when Mike Vick put up those huge numbers against the Redskins??? the texans are much worse than the eagles defensively

falconticket

Good luck man. I thought you wanted someone to convince YOU> You should have title the thread " Someone come here so I can argue Why the Eagles will be a blowout on thursday" GL

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

@brahmabull - Your words are telling me you should do an ALL IN or at least a Half-in on the Eagles Money Line at -420 or so. Free money, right? Do it!

brahmabull117

Good luck man. I thought you wanted someone to convince YOU> You should have title the thread " Someone come here so I can argue Why the Eagles will be a blowout on thursday" GL
    I'm not sold on the spread without Asante Samuel in there playing

I think it will be a blowout no matter what but the texans could easily score 37 - 40 points themselves if Andre Johnson matches up against the backup Cornerbacks of the Eagles

nunny
    nunny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 714

I like the 9 points

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    how are the Texans gonna stop Vick at all though?? The texans have the worst defense in the league with the worst secondary and a mediocre pass rush

philadelphia will score damn near every possession in this game. Do you expect the final score of this game to be like 45-38??? cause that's the only way Texans are gonna cover the spread
    Texans only need 1 stop plus stopping Vick is just playing a good zone

dirtymoneysss
    dirtymoneysss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 155

I wasnt referring to last week but his record overall. Remember he played here in atlanta a couple times. I know this guy.
    lol bro vick has thrown 1 pick this year........turn over prone!!! what!!!

dirtymoneysss

Quote Originally Posted by Lint Pockets View Post
    I have Houston Moneyline. The books want you to think the Eagles are gonna blow them out...sorry for the loss tomorrow Eagles fans.

are u really betting the moneyline because of what u think, the books want you to think? haha bro i would seriously take a look at this game and how these 2 teams match up rather than pyscological book maker bable. this game is a big mismatch houston cant play philly class football, they are very hit and miss and even on their best week when houston does show up to play football, i still dont see them beating philly, taking the 8 points i can understand, altho think it is risky because vick has all the tools to blow the lid off this fast, but the moneyline!!! wowow haha u have balls my friend haha good luck

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Looks like the Public is falling for Texans.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

OMG I think this dog in the sunglasses escaped the vick compund !!!

Good disgiuse, he probably thought you were on of his possee going out to buy some rolling papers !!!

Woof-Woof

mart59a
    mart59a's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13553

With you brah...Philly covers comfortably.

falconticket

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    OMG I think this dog in the sunglasses escaped the vick compund !!!

Good disgiuse, he probably thought you were on of his possee going out to buy some rolling papers !!!

Woof-Woof
    so true.

Vinnybagadonuts
    Vinnybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

If Philly won last week, I would say Houston stays within the number. But at home, coming off of a loss, I would expect Philly to play much harder than they would have (if they won last week.)

Still, Philly could open up a double digit lead and get back-doored in the fourth.

If you're so convinced of the Eagles offense, and how back Houston's defense is, then I would take the Philly TT over 30.

Houston is 31st in the league against the pass, which means Jackson could have a huge game. There are enough weapons to move the ball, that's for sure. The fact that Philly is 3rd in rushing ypg, and 8th in passing ypg shouldn't be lost on this defense.

The Texans are actually not bad against the run, allowing only 100 ypg, but that could change if the passing game opens things up.

I don't count the 20-0 win last week against a Tennesee team that's completely crumbling right now. Look at the previous 6 games though - they allowed 34, 31, 30, 29, 31, and 30.

Philly can move the ball, and will IMO. Whether they can finish, or if it will be the Akers show is another story. 4 TDs and 1 FG for the win, or 3 TDs and 3 FGs for the push. Not out of the question.

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

I think Philly makes a statement. Even though texans fight every week, i think kubiak has lost his team and wil be fired. My only worry is andre johnson blows up, which is obviously what goodell told him to do on a big thursday game. Why else wasnt he suspended?

louis.ana
    louis.ana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 446

Houston will have a hard time scoring tonight..
    Philly will blow them away, making up for their last week's loss

littlewhit
    littlewhit's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you like the eagles so much but dont like giving up the 8 points (bodog) why dont you tease it since every prediction you have made so far has hit the over.
    something like Eagles -2 and Over 46? I like it. risking too muck on the moneyline when you can cover and only give up 2. GL all

dirtymoneysss

Quote Originally Posted by littlewhit View Post
    if you like the eagles so much but dont like giving up the 8 points (bodog) why dont you tease it since every prediction you have made so far has hit the over.
    something like Eagles -2 and Over 46? I like it. risking too muck on the moneyline when you can cover and only give up 2. GL all

thats my play tonight

teaser
    eagle -2
    over 44

best of luck to you