MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is new england defense up to the challenge against the jets???

Jets vs. New England Patriots point spread is currently posted at -3 points chalk the Patriots with the total expected by the odds makers at 42 points. For the stats-lovers, the betting trends show that the NY Jets are 4-2 against the spread in their last 6 games and 5-2 against the spread in their last 7 games on the road. And although New England is 7-2 against the spread in their last 9 games when playing NY Jets, the Patriots are 3-9 against the spread in their last 12 games when playing at home against the Jets. Also notable is the fact that the total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Jets last 5 games when playing on the road against New England. As far as injuries are concerned, the Patriots have plenty as usual, but the most noticeable will be the absence of Pro Bowl linebacker Adalius Thomas, who injuries his arm during the game against the Bill. Although not confirmed officially by New England, reports in the media claim that Adalius Thomas has indeed broken his arm, obviously a season-ending injury. Patriots running back Laurence Maroney and safety Rodney Harrison are also out, but Green-Ellis is doing a good job in replacing Maroney so far. Monday night’s game is going to Be- Exciting, but I wonder if the Patriots defense is up to the challenge? I have no worries about the offense scoring points,but as they say in New England or should say,defense wins championships. Hopefully,the team figures that out sooner than later .

Chugs
    Chugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Harry, you gunna pick a side one this game?

I really like the Jets here, dont think NE's D is up for the challenge. Think the Jets come to play on both sides of the ball. Im looking for them to win SU.

And just to clarify, Laurence Maroney plays for Denver now a days.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Both teams are just about guaranteed playoff spots, and there is no history of intense hatred or bad blood between them, so I'm not expecting any kind of war or maximal effort by either side. Pats offense would take care of business if this game really meant a lot and I suppose going for a bye the first week of playoffs may be enough to keep Pats interest, so close game for sure, take either side and you'll be sweating it out to the very end, pass on this one.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HARRYtheHAT View Post
    ...most noticeable will be the absence of Pro Bowl linebacker Adalius Thomas, who injuries his arm during the game against the Bill. Although not confirmed officially by New England, reports in the media claim that Adalius Thomas has indeed broken his arm, obviously a season-ending injury.

Ummm, I hate to burst your bubble but Mr. Malcontent Thomas was released back in April,

Patriots running back Laurence Maroney

Traded to Denver in Septmber

and safety Rodney Harrison

Retired how many seasons ago?

but Green-Ellis is doing a good job in replacing Maroney so far.

Ahhh, you got one right, Kudos.

Monday night’s game is going to Be- Exciting, but I wonder if the Patriots defense is up to the challenge? I have no worries about the offense scoring points,but as they say in New England or should say,defense wins championships. Hopefully,the team figures that out sooner than later .
    Awesome write up, I am going to go definitely bet on the Patriots now. All I needed was for you to have the Jets as a Lock to win, then I would be all in on the Patriots.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

[quote=MR.HARRYtheHAT;7715587]Jets vs. New England Patriots point spread is currently posted at -3 points chalk the Patriots with the total expected by the odds makers at 42 points. For the stats-lovers, the betting trends show that the NY Jets are 4-2 against the spread in their last 6 games and 5-2 against the spread in their last 7 games on the road. And although New England is 7-2 against the spread in their last 9 games when playing NY Jets, the Patriots are 3-9 against the spread in their last 12 games when playing at home against the Jets. Also notable is the fact that the total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Jets last 5 games when playing on the road against New England. As far as injuries are concerned, the Patriots have plenty as usual, but the most noticeable will be the absence of Pro Bowl linebacker Adalius Thomas, who injuries his arm during the game against the Bill. Although not confirmed officially by New England, reports in the media claim that Adalius Thomas has indeed broken his arm, obviously a season-ending injury.Monday night’s game is going to Be- Exciting, but I wonder if the Patriots defense is up to the challenge? I have no worries about the offense scoring points,but as they say in New England or should say,defense wins championships. Hopefully,the team figures that out sooner than later .

smokestar
    smokestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

pats d has come on strong lately

MR.HARRYtheHAT

THANK YOU THE UPDATE ON>>> Patriots running back Laurence Maroney and safety Rodney Harrison are also out, but Green-Ellis is doing a good job in replacing Maroney so far.You are right Patriots running back Laurence Maroney

Traded to Denver in Septmber

and safety Rodney Harrison

Retired how many seasons ago?

but Green-Ellis is doing a good job in replacing Maroney so far.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Jets vs. New England Patriots point spread is currently posted at -3 points chalk the Patriots with the total expected by the odds makers at 42 points. For the stats-lovers, the betting trends show that the NY Jets are 4-2 against the spread in their last 6 games and 5-2 against the spread in their last 7 games on the road. And although New England is 7-2 against the spread in their last 9 games when playing NY Jets, the Patriots are 3-9 against the spread in their last 12 games when playing at home against the Jets. Also notable is the fact that the total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Jets last 5 games when playing on the road against New England. As far as injuries are concerned, the Patriots have plenty as usual, but the most noticeable will be the absence of Pro Bowl linebacker Adalius Thomas, who injuries his arm during the game against the Bill. Although not confirmed officially by New England, reports in the media claim that Adalius Thomas has indeed broken his arm, obviously a season-ending injury.Monday night’s game is going to Be- Exciting, but I wonder if the Patriots defense is up to the challenge? I have no worries about the offense scoring points,but as they say in New England or should say,defense wins championships. Hopefully,the team figures that out sooner than later .

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Jets vs. New England Patriots point spread is currently posted at -3 points chalk the Patriots with the total expected by the odds makers at 42 points. For the stats-lovers, the betting trends show that the NY Jets are 4-2 against the spread in their last 6 games and 5-2 against the spread in their last 7 games on the road. And although New England is 7-2 against the spread in their last 9 games when playing NY Jets, the Patriots are 3-9 against the spread in their last 12 games when playing at home against the Jets. Also notable is the fact that the total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Jets last 5 games when playing on the road against New England. As far as injuries are concerned, the Patriots have plenty as usual, but the most noticeable will be the absence of Pro Bowl linebacker Adalius Thomas, who injuries his arm during the game against the Bill. Although not confirmed officially by New England, reports in the media claim that Adalius Thomas has indeed broken his arm, obviously a season-ending injury.Monday night’s game is going to Be Exciting, but I wonder if the Patriots defense is up to the challenge? I have no worries about the offense scoring points,but as they say in New England or should say,defense wins championships. Hopefully,the team figures that out sooner than later .

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Jets vs. New England Patriots point spread is currently posted at -3 points chalk the Patriots with the total expected by the odds makers at 42 points. For the stats-lovers, the betting trends show that the NY Jets are 4-2 against the spread in their last 6 games and 5-2 against the spread in their last 7 games on the road. And New England is 7-2 against the spread in their last 9 games when playing NY Jets, the Patriots are 3-9 against the spread in their last 12 games when playing at home against the Jets. Also notable is the fact that the total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Jets last 5 games when playing on the road against New England. As far as injuries are concerned, the Patriots have plenty as usual, but the most noticeable will be the absence of Pro Bowl linebacker Adalius Thomas, who injuries his arm during the game against the Bill. Although not confirmed officially by New England, reports in the media claim that Adalius Thomas has indeed broken his arm, obviously a season-ending injury. Monday night’s game is going to Be- Exciting, but I wonder if the Patriots defense is up to the challenge? I have no worries about the offense scoring points,but as they say in New England or should say,defense wins championships. Hopefully,the team figures that out sooner than later .

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Am I missing something here? Thomas was let go in April....

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandeleigh View Post
    Both teams are just about guaranteed playoff spots, and there is no history of intense hatred or bad blood between them, so I'm not expecting any kind of war or maximal effort by either side. Pats offense would take care of business if this game really meant a lot and I suppose going for a bye the first week of playoffs may be enough to keep Pats interest, so close game for sure, take either side and you'll be sweating it out to the very end, pass on this one.
    What the f-ck you mean there is no hatred or bad blood? These 2 teams can't stand each other from the owners down to the waterboys. Do you really pay attention to NFL?

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats 49 0 Jets 21

CntryBoy
    CntryBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43850

Pats will score enough on O to win, even if D isn't particularly strong IMO. The Jets O hasn't done much lately to suggest they can score with the Pats even if they have to. I think Pats win, but should be a close one... I'll play Pats ML in case of a FG win.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Pats probably win. Usually 2 good teams in the same division split the 2 meetings. Really hard to sweep.