Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

never bet against your team, I lost my ass.

I started my bankroll with three hundred and on Sunday it was 5200. I went for a big score and bet 2600 on eagles -3 and I'm a huge bears. I feel sick now and like an absolute degenerate with no bankroll management. I still have 2600 and am contemplating pulling it out. Ill never bet against the bears again!

saints1856
    saints1856's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4707

Ouch man... Sorry to hear about that. You obviously thought the Eagles would cover, and it didnt work out. When you get ahead that much, it's probably better money management to bet smaller amounts. That way you dont lose half your bankroll if one game screws you... BOL

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Until you get more "mature" as a businessman (person?) in sports wagering, and can divest yourself of most if not all of your emotional attachments, just leave matchups with your favorite teams out of it.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10272

i wish fix was in sometimes

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1957

bears

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2476

Quote Originally Posted by Resler View Post
    I started my bankroll with three hundred and on Sunday it was 5200. I went for a big score and bet 2600 on eagles -3 and I'm a huge bears. I feel sick now and like an absolute degenerate with no bankroll management. I still have 2600 and am contemplating pulling it out. Ill never bet against the bears again!
    after that game im convinced ,the bears have the best defense in football.they only gave vick enough but stopped him when it counted.think if the bears play like they played sunday.a super bowl is in the horizon.but since there is still alot of football to be played.i will be happy just to say that playoffs look good

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Bears defense is definitely hands down toughest in the NFC. It'll be a good defensive clash to see the Steelers against the Bears.

Decent offense verse unreal defenses.

Pasadena69ers
    Pasadena69ers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting for or against your team will usually burn you. You just need to find spots. I'm a huge Michigan fan and usually don't bet against them, but this past saturday I went against them.... Most confident bet I've ever placed....but it will probably one of a few times I ill do that

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Don't ever bet on or against your team, it's way too much stress & anger.

Resler

I completely agree with all your responses and I think my emotional attachement with the bears jaded my thinking. I knew the bears d would show up but didn't expect cutler and the o line to do the job they did. I envisioned cutler getting sacked 7 times with 2 picks minimum. The game honestly could have went the other way if that gaolline interception wouldn't have happened. I even wore my bears shirt I wear every Sunday because I didn't want to jinx anything. Piss poor bankroll management! Now go bears!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

This sounds more like a money management issue than a handicapping issue.

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

you should have 2340 left.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Its sucks when you lose but sucks even more when your own team beats you. Thats why I avoid betting against or in favour of the falcons.

You learned your lesson I would guess so

Resler

I made a play on the chargers last night. I have 2630 in my account, definitely a bankroll management mistake, but because of my strong feelings on the bears I bet way more than I ever had before by a long shot.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

losing a bet on your team is no different than losing any other bet

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Sorry but if you bet the Eagles you are not a "huge Bears fan." No fan, much less a "HUGE" fan would ever bet against his team.

Resler

I actually am a huge fan and that was the first time I did ever bet against them. I had started to convince myself that I was turning into a bigger gambler and that business was business. Once it was over I did like seeing Cutler get in the Ref's face and show some fire.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

cutler decides to show up and leave the face where he stares at nothingness at home like he is brain dead they can beat anyone at anytime. when the face comes out and he looks clueless again the bears have no chance unless they strip the pads and play the clippers, no shot other than that

blanc0
    blanc0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

that method worked fine for me few year ago when the giant won the superbowl, they covered jut about everything that season. the year after ... :/

PocketChange
    Cheers.
    PocketChange's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you have an angle on a team because you follow them closely then so be it. But in this game your favorite team is the team you think is going to win.